Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hardware issue advice
Special Forums Hardware Hardware issue advice Post 302484002 by methyl on Wednesday 29th of December 2010 09:44:11 AM
Old 12-29-2010
Sounds like a faulty on/off switch.

Might be a bad/loose mains power lead.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Storage hardware - advice needed

I realise this is an odd request - but I need advice please.. I have two server - in different geographical locations.. The have 2 local 72gb disks which are mirrored. I need to get storage added to increase both to 300gb in total each and this needs to be mirrored in case of failure. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. AIX

Performance issue / tuning advice

Please take a look at this system and give your analysis / advice. Can it be tuned to get a better performance? We are not getting more hardware ressources at the moment. We have to live with what we have. Application running on the system is SAS. OS is AIX 6.1 Let me know if you need output of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox111
7 Replies

3. Hardware

Hardware compatibility advice wanted.

If anyone here is successfully running Linux Mint and PC-BSD on two dedicated hard disk drives, (no emulator or partitioning stuff), using Phenom II or Athlon II CPU, I'd like to ask your help to pick hardware! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varsel
5 Replies

4. Solaris

e2900 hardware issue?

Hi, I am fairly new to Solaris , i have an e2900 server which gives the following output on the console: Fri Sep 23 08:20:57 noname.example.com lom: /N0/SB0 : F ailed AR interconnect test. Status = 00060040 Fri Sep 23 08:21:00 noname.example.com lom: AR Intercon nect test: System board... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve_b72
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Hardware faulty, but which hardware?

Hi folk, I have this hardware faunty message, but dont know which hardware is this ? can you guide me ? --------------- ------------------------------------ -------------- --------- TIME EVENT-ID MSG-ID SEVERITY ---------------... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to find hardware issue

hii everyone, i am handling data center,so most of the time i have to check hardware issue.So i came to the conclusion that try something automatic. so the thing is that when any hardware issue come to the server it send a automatic mail to my mail server like hotmail.com And i will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipinkumarr89
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Remote managemnt - looking at hardware issue (using ALOM ) Server rebooting

Hi we have A sun4v SPARC Enterprise T2000 It has started to go down frequently without producing any corefiles. There is nothing in the logs to induicate any issues. So I'm trying to remotely check this and get to see if there are any hardware issue. I heard about ALOm and I think this is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with ACL's (Help/Advice Needed)

Hi Experts,,, Need your help/advice on how to fix this I have 2 users under same group (primary group) and i want to give 777 permissions on a directory to one dir owned by user1 when granted i can see than from getfacl but when i actually login as user2 i can touch a file . ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddyfreaks1
3 Replies

9. AIX

AIX Hardware Migration w/ HACMP...Advice Needed

Hello Everyone, Hope you all are doing great! As you can see by the title on top, we are in the process of migrating alot of our servers from Power5 (physical) to Power8 (Virtual). Now it's turn for servers with HACMP Cluster on it. Let me lay out the environment like: OLD ENVIRONMENT: ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: uzair_rock
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

DHCP Issue Possibly due to Hardware Clock?

Hello All, OS: openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (armv7hl) PC: CuBox-i (*mini-pc) The PC in question is a CuBox-i mini-pc. Since this PC doesn't have a battery, everytime the PC reboots the hardware clock is reset back to the same date every time, which is "2014-07-08 00:00". I have NTP configured... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
5 Replies
NoCeM(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						NoCeM(3pm)

NAME
News::Article::NoCeM - a module to generate accurate nocem notices SYNOPSIS
use News::Article::NoCeM; my $nocem = new News::Article::NoCeM(); $nocem->hide($type, $spam); $nocem->make_notice($type, $name, $issuer, $group, $prefix); $nocem->sign($keyid, $passphrase); $nocem->issue($conn, $ihave); DESCRIPTION
Creates a nocem notice on the Usenet articles, which may be posted normally to hide the messages. USAGE
use News::Article::NoCeM; News::Article::NoCeM is class that inherits News::Article and adds four new functions: hide(), make_notice(), sign() and issue(), redefine to disable two functions: post() and ihave(). Article Methods hide ( TYPE, ARTICLE, [ARTICLE, ...] ) Hide one or more articles in the given "TYPE". "ARTICLE" is an News::Article object that going to be hid. hide() will skip the articles without Newsgroup or Message-ID and skip the ones already hid. hide() returns the number of the articles hid. post ihave post() and ihave() is disabled in News::Article::NoCeM. Please use issue() instead. make_notice ( TYPE, NAME, GROUP, ISSUER, [ PREFIX ] ) Retrive articles marked by hide with "TYPE", and make a notice fot them. If there's only one type within a container, then the container itself can be a notice. "NAME" is the identifier of the issuer. "GROUP" is the newsgroup the you will post nocem notice to. "ISSUER" is the email address of the issuer. "PREFIX" is the announcement before the nocem notice, which may explain the criteria of this notice, or where to find your public key for PGP verification. make_notice() returns a News::Article::NoCeM object if success, and return undef if no article is hid. sign ( KEYID, PASSPHRASE ) Sign the content of the nocem notice with "KEYID" and "PASSPHRASE". Please make sure that the issuer's public/secret keyring is ready. sign() returns a News::Article::NoCeM object if success, and return undef if no article is hid, or pgp_sign failed. issue ( [ CONN, IHAVE ] ) Take optional "CONN" as a Net::NNTP object and issue the nocem notice. "IHAVE" indicates that call Net::NNTP::ihave() for submitting the notice, otherwise issue() will call News::Article::post() by default. issue() return the result of News::Article::post() or issue(). NOTES
Standard article manipulation information can be read in the News::Article manpages. NoCeM FAQ is available on the web at <URL:http://www.cm.org/faq.html>. AUTHOR
Written by Yen-Ming Lee <leeym@leeym.com>, based on a module by Tim Skirvin <tskirvin@killfile.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004-2005 by Yen-Ming Lee <leeym@leeym.com>. This code may be redistributed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2006-06-23 NoCeM(3pm)