Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Linux partitioned disk mounted on OSOL without formatting Post 302483340 by michnmi on Sunday 26th of December 2010 09:01:19 AM
Old 12-26-2010
Ok, will try those. However, two quick thoughts that need clarifying.

Is it possible then to mount them on a linux system. I have a couple and would like to try them if there is such a chance. And more importantly would this be possible through an external case for the SATA drives USB connected to the linux machines?Would that in your opinion work?
And another question:Would booting through a live -let's say,Ubuntu- CD give me the ext3-supporting window I'd need to access the internally connected SATA drives, mount them, copy them and salvage their data?

Again many many thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disk formatting question

Currently I have a box that I am dual-booting Win98 & Linux on. I have an unformatted 3 gig slice that I would like to install Soloris 8 x86 on. Are there any issues I should be aware of? How close is the x86 install to the sparc install? The Linux partition will be going away but I need to reatain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem re-formatting Disk Partition

I have a disk formatted as follows. Part Flag Tag Cylinders Size =================================================== 0 wm root 0 - 38125 26.18 Gb 1 wu swap 38126 - 49776 8 Gb 2 wm backup 0 - 49779 34.18 Gb 3 wm unassigned 4 wm unassigned 5 wm unassigned 6 wm unassigned... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Formatting disk to UFS

Hello all, I have a laptop with a FAT32 files system, and I want to convert to UFS (unix file system) to install Solaris 10. somebody knows the way to do that?:confused: Please help Thank you! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geller
4 Replies

4. SuSE

External USB disk cannot be mounted

Hi, I am running Suse on a fujitsu server. The problem is that it will no fully load the usb external disk. When plugged in, dmesg shows that indeed a usb disk has been plugged in ,but gives no devpath e.g sda,sdb. lsusb shows the disk vendor (western digital) but nothing else.Whats goin on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulemsee
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Formatting disk such that it works on Dos

Hi, I need to format a disk in Linux such that the disk works on DOS machine. Regards Rochit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

XP and Linux (Ubuntu) on same disk, Can I install Ubuntu on not-yet partitioned portion of disk?

My PC (Esprimo, 3 yeas old) has one hard drive having 2 partitions C: (80 GB NTFS, XP) and D: (120 GB NTFS, empty) and and a 200 MB area that yet is not-partitioned. I would like to try Ubuntu and to install Ubuntu on the not-partitioned area . The idea is to have the possibility to run... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: C.Weidemann
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

if (disk is mounted) unmount if (disk is unmounted) mount

Hey there, sorry if this is a bit too much of a noob question, trying to get to grips with a simple bash script - but i have done ZERO bash scripting. basically having worked out how to mount and unmount disks using: disktool -m *device* & disktool -e *device* - and looking at the result of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hollister
2 Replies

8. Solaris

How to modify a disk with mounted partitions?

Hi Guys, I was wondering; can a disk with mounted partitions be modified? If yes, how can this be done? Thanks lots (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

how to make others have read/write permission when the aotu mounted usb flash disk pluge in ?

hi all: as we know , when usb flash disk plug in and aotu mounted , the default permission of the usb flash disk is 700. that means others have no permission . the question: how to make others have read/write permission when the aotu mounted usb flash disk pluge in ? thanks !! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arnold.king
0 Replies
nv_sata(7D)							      Devices							       nv_sata(7D)

NAME
nv_sata - Nvidia ck804/mcp55 SATA controller driver SYNOPSIS
sata@unit-address DESCRIPTION
The nv_sata driver is a SATA HBA driver that supports Nvidia ck804 and mcp55 SATA HBA controllers. Note that while these Nvidia con- trollers support standard SATA features including SATA-II drives, NCQ, hotplug and ATAPI drives, the driver currently does not support NCQ features. CONFIGURATION
The nv_sata module contains no user configurable parameters. FILES
/kernel/drv/nv_sata 32-bit ELF kernel module (x86). /kernel/drv/amd64/nv_sata 64-bit ELF kernel module (x86). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attribute: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnvsata | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cfgadm(1M), cfgadm_sata(1M), prtconf(1M), sata(7D), sd(7D) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.11 22 Jul 2008 nv_sata(7D)