Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: looping some statements
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting looping some statements Post 302482949 by Sriranga on Thursday 23rd of December 2010 06:14:45 AM
Old 12-23-2010
thanks Anchal...it works !
Still 1 more doubt Smilie is there any way we can assign the path
'/xyz/abc/123/qwe' to a variable and then use it in for loop's condition? like

Code:
path1 = /xyz/abc/123/qwe
path2 = /xyz/dfe/123/qwe
path3 = /xyz/ghi/123/qwe

for dir in path1 path2 path3
do
 mkdir -p $dir/dirA $dir/dirB $dir/dirC $dir/dirD $dir/dirE
done

Last edited by Scott; 12-23-2010 at 07:26 AM.. Reason: Quote tags to Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

or statements?

how do i do an or in an if-then statement? i tried: if ; then bleh fi how???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blip
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Else in If Statements

Sorry to be a pain, but how does the else work in the if statements? Ive been making scripts with if statements but i cant get the else statements working. Can you help? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapmana
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help on IF statements.

I had different problem scenarios with IF statement. Can any expert please enlighten me on the difference with these scenarios. Thank you. 1st Scenario: testdate=`date +%Y%m` test=`cat /var/log/database0.$testdate*.log | grep "Errors found during processing" | tail -10` if then ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filthymonk
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping through a shell script with sql statements

Hello members, I'm working on the Solaris environment and the DB i'm using is Oracle 10g. Skeleton of what I'm attempting; Write a ksh script to perform the following. I have no idea how to include my sql query within a shell script and loop through the statements. Have therefore given a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice82
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with IF statements

I am writing a script that does a search for a argument in a file and lists all like occurrences. The script verifies that it is a file and then runs another script that list the lines. My problem is that I need the script to accept a file or a directory and then go to that directory check all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zero3ree
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

vi and if statements

Hi I am very new to Unix programming and shell scripting. I am trying t figure out how to write a little script that will output the number of directories. I can find the number of directories using ls -l | grep "^d" | wc -l I can not figure out how to do it so when I type the name... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reddoug
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using While and If statements

Hi guys, Two problems I need solving please. I created a script where the user types in 7 numbers as standard input and each one is then stored in an array. Now I need to perform the following calculations on those numbers: 1) Use a while loop to determine the largest number in the range. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjb1989
2 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Using While and If statements

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Two problems I need solving please. I created a script where the user types in 7 numbers as standard input and each one is then stored in an array. Now I need to perform the following calculations on those numbers: 1) Use a while... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjb1989
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if and then statements

I came across a bash script that outputs the forecast for the day and the max temperature but at the end of the day the max temperature disappears ($6) and I am left with "°C" after the forecast. Here is the script: #! /bin/bash curl -s --connect-timeout 30... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: _light_
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested looping statements

I cannot get the code below to work correctly. The IF statement works just fine, but not the looping. The inner loop tries to find files for a given vendor; if found, I need to sleep giving another process time to move the files. Once the given vendor's files are gone, then I want to move on to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dgreene
1 Replies
ECACCESS-FILE-MKDIR(1p) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   ECACCESS-FILE-MKDIR(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-file-mkdir - Make a Directory on the ECaccess File System SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-file-mkdir -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-file-mkdir [-debug] ecaccess-file DESCRIPTION
Make the Directory ecaccess-file on the ECaccess File System, if it does not already exist. The ecaccess-file is in the form [domain:][/user-id/]path. Please read the "Shell commands -> File Management" section of the "ecaccess" guide for more information on the ECaccess File System. ARGUMENTS
ecaccess-file The name of the ECaccess Directory to create. OPTIONS
-version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-file-mkdir c1a:/c1a/tmp/systems/xyz/test-dir Make the test-dir Directory in the "/c1a/tmp/systems/xyz" directory on c1a. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-file-delete, ecaccess-file-get, ecaccess-file-mget, ecaccess-file-modtime, ecaccess-file-mput, ecaccess-file-rmdir, ecaccess-file- copy, ecaccess-file-dir, ecaccess-file-mdelete, ecaccess-file-chmod, ecaccess-file-move, ecaccess-file-put, ecaccess-file-size and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-FILE-MKDIR(1p)