Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun cluster and Veritas cluster question. Post 302482363 by garskoci on Tuesday 21st of December 2010 10:00:29 AM
Old 12-21-2010
Assuming that your using SVM to mirror your root disk, I would, first be sure to break the root mirror and make the mirror bootable to ensure you have a way to get back to a working cluster. Disable VCS. Install Sun Cluster and migrate your data to the EMC frame. Then configure your Sun Cluster.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

veritas cluster

Hi I want to install VCS 5 on solaris 10 the product states it needs 3 nic cards. how to install it if I have 2 cards only (this is just for demo)? thank you for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

SUN Cluster Vs Veritas Cluster

Dear All, Can anyone explain about Pros and Cons of SUN and Veritas Cluster ? Any comparison chart is highly appreciated. Regards, RAA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAA
4 Replies

3. Solaris

scconf crash: registering a Veritas local disk on Sun Cluster (localonly=true)

Hi all, I want to put a local disk on a Sun Cluster node but scconf command explodes :eek: My system: * two node cluster on two VMWare virtual machines * Solaris 10 SunOS 5.10 Generic_141415-05 i86pc i386 i86pc * Sun Cluster 3.2 u2 * Veritas Volume manager The situation... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gxmsgx
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun cluster setup question

I have 2 sun blade 1500 with Qlogic card and T3 storedge. I can connect to the T3 storedge through my boxes. Now I want to setup cluster, in order to setup I need to buy a Fiber Channel switch. Can I buy any fiber channel switch? Can you recommend some old switches? I can get it from ebay. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Veritas Cluster Server Question

Is it possible to configure veritas cluster server using 2 Ldoms on same host? I just want to test and learn VCS. We can do a cluster (sun cluster3.2 ) in a box using 2 Ldoms but i 'm not sure if thats possible with veritas cluster or not ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Veritas Cluster

How to create your cluster members routes and manual nat, and proxy. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: padmaja@tech
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun Cluster question

Hello everyone I've inherited an Oracle Solaris system holding ASE Sybase databases. The system consists of two nodes inside a Sun Cluster. Each of the nodes is hosting 2 Sybase database instances, where one of the nodes is active and other is standing by. The scenario at hand is that when any of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abohmeed
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun Cluster/Storage question

Hi Bros, I am a newbie to this cluster environment...my workplace is a mess of Sun solaris server, oracle database, Cisco switch, router, MS Server, Windows PC..so and so..now my boss ask me to come out with a procedure for maintenance of storage array in our sun cluster environment..I read few... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavierantony
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extend a disk in veritas volume manager in veritas cluster?

Hi Experts, I wanted to extend a veritas file system which is running on veritas cluster and mounted on node2 system. #hastatus -sum -- System State Frozen A node1 running 0 A node2 running 0 -- Group State -- Group System Probed ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skmanojkum
1 Replies
scversions(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    scversions(1M)

NAME
scversions - Sun Cluster version management SYNOPSIS
scversions [-c] DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. The scversions command commits the cluster to a new level of functionality after a rolling-upgrade to new Sun Cluster software. With no arguments, the scversions command prints a message indicating whether a commitment is needed. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: -c Commit the set of nodes that are currently active members of the cluster to the highest possible level of functionality. When you upgrade a node (either through upgrade to a new release of the product or by application of a patch) and boot it back into the cluster, some of the internal protocols on that node might have to run at lower versions in order to cooperate cor- rectly with other nodes in the cluster. When the cluster is in this state, some administrative actions might be disabled and some new functionality introduced in the upgrade might be unavailable. When you run this command once from any node after all nodes are upgraded, the cluster switches to the highest versions of internal protocols possible. Assuming that all nodes have the same Sun Cluster software installed at that time, all new func- tionality becomes available and any administrative restrictions are removed. If a node that has not been upgraded is an active member of the cluster at the time you run the -c option to scversions, the command has no effect because the cluster is already running at the highest possible level of functionality. If a node has not been upgraded and is not an active member of the cluster when you run the -c option to scversions (for exam- ple, if that node is down for maintenance), the internal protocols of the cluster are upgraded to the highest possible ver- sions. You might have to upgrade the node that was not an active member of the cluster to enable it to rejoin the cluster. EXIT STATUS
0 Success non-zero Failure ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsczu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
scinstall(1M) Sun Cluster 3.2 17 Aug 2007 scversions(1M)