Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX brisque impose 43P 150 aix version 4 HELP!!!!!!!! Post 302482009 by elektrospeed on Monday 20th of December 2010 11:03:46 AM
Old 12-20-2010
brisque impose 43P 150 aix version 4 HELP!!!!!!!!

hi to everybody
I have a problem with the AIX version 4:
I can not get into failsafe session
kindly someone knows how to enter this mode?
thanks in advance

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

43p 120

I have acquired a 43p 120 (7248-120) and I have two questions: Can anyone remember what is the highest version of AIX which I can install (5.1 I believe) and Can anyone remember how to boot this from the CDROM (boot floppy?) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnf
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX Version 4 Bacup - HELP!

I am TOTALy new to Unix. One of the internal tapes will be replaced by an external one today. I don't even know where to start....how is the install done and how do I redirect the backup to the new external tape drive? Please help - anyone? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneta0803
3 Replies

3. AIX

AIX Trial Version

Hello, I'm now trying to learn AIX and I found lot of used AIX machines in ebay. I want to clear some doubts before I go for one. 1)Do I need a license to run an AIX machine? 2)Is there any Trial versions available? 3)Some Old Models of AS400 machines( model 150) don't need a license... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: secofr
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX version

Hi all Can any1 tell me how to check the AIX version on my server. I have used uname -a but it does not give a specific version number. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: masquerer
4 Replies

5. AIX

Help me explain mean of AIX Version ?

Anyone can help me explain the mean of AIX 5L 5.3 ML3 I don't know "what re - 5L mean and ML3 mean " Tks all. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quan0509
2 Replies

6. AIX

aix version 5

I have been given multiple years of login files to determine workload. How do I determine the year in regards to the login. This is what is looks like now. witkoaxdm/_0Sep 13 07:45 still logged in. thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wildchild
1 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

AIX - snmpd version

Hi, I have a P595 server with AIX 5.3 and i need to know what version of snmpd i use on this: Example: On solaris i use Net-snmpd 5.4.2.1 (netsnmp-5.4.2.1-sol9-sparc-local) because i can see the package. How can i see what snmpd package is installed on the AIX? Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anonymouzz
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HACMP version for AIX 6.1

Hello. We are using AIX 5.3 with HACMP 5.4.1. At this moment AIX and clustering are using 2 servers. A third server is added. It does not seem to work with HACMP. Are there any controle checks? Thank you if you could help. Regards, Ynze van Aken Netherlands (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yvanaken
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error message risc 43p model 150

hello, i am new to this forum and i really could use some help, we have a risc 43p model 150 ibm server and we run prophet 21 on it. after the box boots up and then we activate prophet 21 we get a error message saying "The data space of the process is not enough for the shm segment (1176) │ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrhose
1 Replies
gnome-session(1)						   User Commands						  gnome-session(1)

NAME
gnome-session - starts up the GNOME desktop environment SYNOPSIS
gnome-session [--choosesession] [--failsafe] [--purge-delay=delay] [--warn-delay=delay] [--suicide-delay=delay] [session-name] [gnome-std- options] DESCRIPTION
The gnome-session program starts up the GNOME desktop environment. This command is typically executed by your login manager (either gdm, xdm, or from your X startup scripts). It will either load your last session, or provide a default session for the user as defined by the system administrator (or the default GNOME installation on your system). You can optionally specify a specific session name to restore. gnome-session is an X11R6 session manager. It can manage GNOME applications as well as any X11R6 SM compliant sessions. If the user has previously saved a session, the session is loaded from the ~.gnome2/session file. Otherwise, the session is loaded from the /usr/share/gnome/default.session file. Any programs specified in the ~/.gnome2/session/.session-manual will also be started. gnome-session also exports an X Atom called GNOME_SM_DESKTOP on the root window, to indicate that gnome-session has started. Some applica- tions may require such information to proceed correctly. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --choosesession User can specify a session to load, as opposed to the session specified in the ~/.gnome/session-options file. If that entry does not exist in the ~/.gnome/session file (or if that file does not exist), gnome-session will use the default ses- sion, and all saves to that session will be to the new session name. --failsafe Fail-safe operations mode: gnome-session only reads saved sessions from the default.session file. --purge-delay=deThe number of milliseconds that gnome-session will wait for clients to register. If delay is 0, gnome-session will wait forever. The default value is 30,000 milliseconds. --suicide-delay=Theanumber of milliseconds that gnome-session will wait for clients to die. If delay is 0, gnome-session will wait forever. The default value is 10,000 milliseconds. --warn-delay=delThe number of milliseconds that gnome-session will wait for clients to respond. If delay is 0, gnome-session will wait for- ever. The default value is 10,000 milliseconds. gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: session-name The name of the session to be loaded. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Starting a session named "MySession" example% gnome-session --choose-session=MySession Example 2: Starting the system default session, ignoring the user's session example% gnome-session --failsafe Example 3: Setting the purge delay to 50000ms example% gnome-session --purge-delay=50000 Example 4: Setting the suicide delay to 50000ms example% gnome-session --suicide-delay=50000 Example 5: Setting the warning delay to 50000ms example% gnome-session --warn-delay=50000 ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
gnome-session accepts all of the standard environment variables used by GNOME programs, as well as the SESSION_MANAGER environment vari- able. gnome-session also sets several environment variables for the use of its child processes. See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: SESSION_MANAGER Used by session-manager-aware clients to contact gnome-session. DISPLAY Set to the X display being used by gnome-session. Note that the --display option, if specified, overrides the set- ting of the DISPLAY environment variable. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-session The command-line executable for the application. /usr/share/gnome/defaultDefaultnsystem session file. ~/.gnome2/session User session file. ~/.gnome2/session/.sessiSpecifies programs to start that do not support session management. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-session | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnome-std-options(5), default.session(5), gnome-smproxy(1), gnome-session-save(1) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 13 Jan 2003 gnome-session(1)