Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting rm:command not found in linux Bash shell script Post 302480692 by a1_win on Wednesday 15th of December 2010 01:51:00 PM
Old 12-15-2010
Value of PATH:

Code:
-bash-3.00$ echo $PATH
/data/R12VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/perl/bin:/data/R12VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin:/data/R12VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/fnd/12.0.0/bin:/data/R12VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/bin:/data/R12VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/jre/bin:/data/R12VIS/apps/apps_st/comn/util/unzip/unzip::/data/R12VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/sbin:/data/R12VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/perl/bin:/data/R12VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin:/data/R12VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/jre/bin:/data/R12VIS/apps/apps_st/comn/util/unzip/unzip:/data/R12VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/data/R12VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/bin:/bin:/data/R12VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/bin:/bin:/home/r10user/bin
-bash-3.00$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

#!/bin/bash and #1bin/sh command not found error on mac osx terminal/shell script

i am having a weird error on mac os x running some shell scripts. i am a complete newbie at this and this question concerns 2 scripts. one of which a friend of mine wrote (videochecker.sh) a couple weeks ago and it's been running fine on another machine. then last week i wrote capture.sh and it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command not found in shell script - stumped for 4 days

Hello, I like to begin with :wall:.. literally... It has been 4 days and I have no idea how to fix it. Environment - AIX 5.3 I wrote a script to call on ssh to log into another box via PKA to do something else. If I run the script on the terminal, it works 100%. If the SAP customised... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: plonkagain
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash:vi:command not found

I downloaded and installed "Cygwin yesterday onto my PC running Windows XP. When I tried to type "vi" in Cygwin's window, I got the following message bash: vi: Command not found What shud i do inorder to get into vi editor Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PLEASE HELP! LINUX BASH SHELL SCRIPT

PLEASE HELP! NEED LINUX SCTIPT Need to write a bash shell script to show information of employees of a department from a company data set. The script should accept a project number (1/2/3/10/20/30) and output * the name of the project * the name of the manager of the controlling... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: help123
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

LINUX Bash Shell Script

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a bash shell script that presents work information of employees of a department from a company data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: help123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found.

I am running the export command within a view to use that value inside my build script. But while executing it it is saying "export command not found" My code is as follows: -------------------------- #!/bin/sh user="test" DIR="/bldtmp/"$user VIEW="test.view1" echo "TMPDIR before export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Im new to bash scriping and i found this expression on a bash script what does this mean.

# check host value regex='^(||1|2|25)(\.(||1|2|25)){3}$' if ')" != "" ]; then if ]; then echo host $host not found exit 4 fi elif ]; then echo $host is an invalid host address exit 5 fi espeacailly the top regex part? ---------- Post updated at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous update was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevin298
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Command not found" doing a while loop in bash/shell

i=0 numberofproducts=${#urls} #gets number of entries in array called "urls" numberofproductsminusone=`expr $numberofproducts - 1` #-subtract by one while do wget ${urls} i=$(( $i + 1 )) sleep 10 done I'm getting an error ./scrape: line 22: [0: command not found that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpchick
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script giving "Command Not found"

Hello Geeks, Greetings...I have the following script: #!/usr/bin/bash #Script to generate number of active PDP context & calculate PDP activation #failurefrom EPG-M #Script written by Gbenga Adigun #September 12, 2013 username="xxxxxx" password="xxxxxxxxx" HOSTS=( ggsn01... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: infinitydon
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux/bash Script only working if executed from shell prompt

Hi, maybe I'm asking a VERY dumb question, but would anybody out there tell me, why this f****** script won't work if executed as a cronjob, but works fine if executed from a shell prompt? #! /bin/bash set PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin date >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beislhur
3 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/ksh93 /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/ksh93 /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/sfw/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. NOTES
Restricted shells should not be listed in /etc/shells. SunOS 5.11 1 Nov 2007 getusershell(3C)