Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with removing old version of UnixBench Post 302480421 by griffinjt on Tuesday 14th of December 2010 11:40:50 PM
Old 12-15-2010
Help with removing old version of UnixBench

Hello everyone,

I am by no means good at using the shell. I only know enough stuff to be very dangerous to myself and others lol.

Basically, I have UnixBench installed on my VPS server, but I have both 4.x and 5.x installed. I would like to remove the 4.x version from my server. How can I do this through the shell? Let me know if you need more information and I will try to provide it.

Thomas

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Help With Unixbench

Please, if somebody can help me to understand the results of unixbench. I have read some information about benchmarking but i cant find a explanation about these results. I'm new at linux, and my first work is understand and report what i get from this "microbenchmarking" program. THANKS A... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: midagama
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unixbench!!!

Please, if somebody can help me to understand the results of unixbench. I have read some information about benchmarking but i cant find a explanation about these results. Dhrystone 2 using register variables Double-Precision Whetstone System Call Overhead ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juliano.potrich
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

What is my Version

Hi, This is my HP-UX version, hpprod::root>uname -a HP-UX hpprod B.11.11 U 9000/800 1110164401 unlimited-user license hpprod::root> but I've already patch with, PHSS_30101 1.0 Support Tool Manager Dec 2003 PHSS_30170 B.11.11.18 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aldosfox
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Migrate unix version 8 to version 9

i have a program writing in PRO C which currently running in unix version 8 tie with oracle 8i, but in the future company gonna migrate this OS to version 9. Anything i have to prepare for my PRO C program to run in unix version 9? or anything would that impact my program couldn't run well? what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsy
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Advanced Search * View * Edit JAVA version to WORK in GLASSFISH Forum topic JAVA version

Would like to confirm the ff. I got confused actually with the version I needed to download that will work on glassfish 3.0.1 a. Debian Squeeze (HP DL360). Need to use java version6 On Debian, I did apt-get install sun-java6-jdk. So when I check it's java version "1.6.0_22" Java(TM) SE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing older version files

Hi, I have a direcory as mentioned below: /development/arun/cycdt/ unser the above i have directories /2013 /2012 /2011 ...... ..... /2000 I need to write a script which can delete the nth version of the directories. as in if n=10 then the script should arrange the directories in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version

How to copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version automatically. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

OS version and Firmware version

Guys, How to find OS version and firmware version in LINUX? Like in AIX. uname -a will show me the version 5.3, 6.1,7.1. lsmcode -c will show me - system firmware image as SF240_417. What are the similar commands in Linux. I checked uname -a and cat /etc/release. uname... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ElizabethPJ
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing PATTERN from txt without removing lines and general text formatting

Hi Everybody! First post! Totally noobie. I'm using the terminal to read a poorly formatted book. The text file contains, in the middle of paragraphs, hyphenation to split words that are supposed to be on multiple pages. It looks ve -- ry much like this. I was hoping to use grep -v " -- "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AxeHandle
5 Replies

10. Linux Benchmarks

How to read the data from SysBench And UNIXBench when testing VPS?

i want to test several linux VPS using bench mark tools as i read there are 2 industry standard tools called unixBench and SysBench I compiled them and executed them on the VPS And i have results : SysBench:( 4 CPU) ./sysbench --test=cpu --cpu-max-prime=20000 --num-threads=4 run The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies
POE::Component::IRC::Cookbook(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			POE::Component::IRC::Cookbook(3pm)

NAME
POE::Component::IRC::Cookbook - The PoCo-IRC Cookbook: Overview DESCRIPTION
POE::Component::IRC is a fully event-driven IRC client module built around POE. It can be used to write IRC client applications of any kind. This cookbook features working examples of programs demonstrating the capabilities of POE::Component::IRC. Note: This is a work in progress. The entries without hyperlinks indicate unwritten recipes. RECIPES
General Disconnecting Shows you how to disconnect gracefully. Bots A basic bot A basic bot demonstrating the basics of PoCo-IRC. Translator Add translating capabilities to your bot. Resolver Have your bot resolve DNS records for you. MegaHAL Allow your bot to talk, using artificial "intelligence". Seen Implement the "seen" feature found in many bots, which tells you when your bot last saw a particular user, and what they were doing/saying. Reload Structure your code in such a way that your bot can be reprogrammed at runtime without reconnecting to the IRC server. Feeds Use your bot as an RSS/Atom feed aggregator. Reminder Have your bot remind you about something at a later time. Messenger Have your bot deliver messages to users as soon as they become active. Eval Have your bot evaluate mathematical expressions and code. Clients Gtk2 A simple IRC client with a Gtk2 interface. ReadLine A simple IRC client with a ReadLine interface. AUTHOR
Hinrik Oern Sigur`sson, hinrik.sig@gmail.com perl v5.14.2 2011-12-07 POE::Component::IRC::Cookbook(3pm)