Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX backup script failed with error '0403-005 Cannot create the specified file' Post 302479559 by DGPickett on Saturday 11th of December 2010 11:47:37 AM
Old 12-11-2010
ENOENT: Perhaps:
  • a mount is failing or
  • something in the path was renamed, or
  • a symbolic link is pointing to a deleted file.
Try running
Code:
find ... -follow -ls >/dev/null

and see what in those ... paths is not accessible

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting error 0403-016 Cannot find or open the file while reading a long line

Hi, I have an requirement of reading a long line of 7000 chars and cutting it iam doing this : while read -r x do echo $x ......... done < `cat filename` when iam doing this it is giving me "0403-016 Cannot find or open the file." Can anyone let how this can be done. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthee
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup failed

I'm getting following message at my EOD backup script:sh: line1: /dev/rct0: cannot create What could be the possible causes for this error and how could I resolve it? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nervous
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Error: 13192.sumr: 0403-016 Cannot find or open the file.

Hello, i am familiar enough with unix to do some damage but thats about it. We have a set of RS/6000 43P Model 150's running AIX for our Catia V4 programmers. back in the 90's a script was written to automate the conversion of files into machine code. that script has started giving us... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgruenwald
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with shell script - Error: 0403-057

Hi, I am new to shell scripts may be the error is very very small and i am unable to catch hold of it, any suggestion would be appreciated....error is at the bottom: +210 # get file type +211 filetype=`tail -1 "$inputdir"/"$i"|cut -d"|" -f2` +212 # +213 # get the record count as specified... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi0435
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a simple shell script to backup

Hello - I am in process of deleting many files which are older than 4 weeks. For example I am inside: /subsystem/prod/ Files are with various extentions, but anything older than 4 weeks should be deleted. What would be the most simplest script to acheive this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create database using Backup file

Hi, I have backup file of database in my server. I want to create a that database in the same Mysql Server. How can I do that? Please send the steps to create the database using backup file? Thanks a lot, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix script to create a backup on a remote computer

Hello, I have a problem - I attended a UNIX course a couple of years back but, unfortunately, I don't remember how to write scripts for shell commands. Now I want to make a script that makes a backup of a folder on a remote computer and I have no idea how to begin. :D So the idea is that I want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Benedit
3 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create a simple bash backup script of a file

This is the problem: Write a script that will make a backup of a file giving it a ‘.bak’ extension & verify that it works. I have tried a number of different scripts that haven't worked and I haven't seen anything really concise and to the point via google. For brevity's sake this is one of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: demet8
4 Replies

9. AIX

Error while script execution - 0403-029 there is not enough memory available now

Hi, I am executing a shell script on AIX box where I need to list all the files in the file system and then do some other tasks with them. I am able to do this successfully on HP-UX and Linux boxes but I get the following error after 10-15 seconds when I try to execute the script on an AIX box. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adyan Faruqi
6 Replies
VGCFGBACKUP(8)                                                System Manager's Manual                                               VGCFGBACKUP(8)

NAME
vgcfgbackup - backup volume group descriptor area SYNOPSIS
vgcfgbackup [-d|--debug] [-f|--file filename] [-h|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [-P|--partial] [-v|--verbose] [VolumeGroupName...] DESCRIPTION
vgcfgbackup allows you to backup the metadata of your volume groups. If you don't name any volume groups on the command line, all of them will be backed up. In a default installation, each volume group gets backed up into a separate file bearing the name of the volume group in the directory /etc/lvm/backup. You can write the backup to an alternative file using -f. In this case if you are backing up more than one volume group the filename is treated as a template, and %s gets replaced by the volume group name. NB. This DOESN'T backup user/system data in logical volume(s)! Backup /etc/lvm regularly too. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgcfgrestore(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) VGCFGBACKUP(8)