Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to change the window size of Linux console in VMware? Post 302479513 by citaylor on Saturday 11th of December 2010 02:51:37 AM
Old 12-11-2010
Are you talking about the guest O/S window ? If so you set this when you run "vmware-config-tools.pl". Re-run this script on the guest and you should be asked the resolution again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Different font size in Unix and Window

Hi, i will like to enquire whether anybody got encountered this problem before. When i try to print a report in pdf from window to the printer the size is what i want but when i batch print from Unix , calling a batch job the report that are generated out from the printer is of bigger font , why is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blueberry80
0 Replies

2. Solaris

ioctl() fails to get window size from console login

Hi, I need to get the console window size for an application, for which I used ioctl() by passing the TIOCGWINSZ parameter. The ioctl() function does not fail (returns non zero), but it could not get the window size (gets 0x0). When I tried to verify the window size by the stty -a command, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diganta
2 Replies

3. Linux

Why is linux console window in VMWare so small?

I install linux in VMWare, but Its console window is too small, Its size is 80*25, I can't change it even though I use full srceen mode in VMWare.How can I do? please help me! Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChaoZhang
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to clear a cluttered DDD console window ?

During debugging, usually after printing the backtrace, I find that the console window looks cluttered. How would I clear the console window, to have a fresh start ??? Note: By DDD, I mean the Data Display Debugger, which is a graphical front end for GDB (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RipClaw
0 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Resize the default window size

Hi, How can I resize the terminal window's default size in CDE (Solaris)? Regards, Sharif. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharif
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

7. AIX

Unable to Switch tasks when trying to open console window in HMC

Hi, I am trying to open a console window through the HMC. When I choose to do this the toolbar at the top left of the HMC screen show 'Open Terminal Window'. However when I click on it I am getting the error - "The tsak you want to switch to is an applet based task, which dowes not support... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

size of the terminal window

Hi, I am programming a script that shows a figure on screen but I would be centered, so What I have to use command to get the size of the window? Thanks a lot, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gengis-Kahn
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

telnet window size question

Hello! I'm writing a small telnet client using Erlang and the gen_tcp library. I receive IAC WILL ECHO and IAC WILL SUPPRESS_GO_AHEAD which I respond to. Then I receive various text output from the server, and then this: resize: unknown character, exiting. I'm curious as to why I do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gustav
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putty - window size

Hi Guys, When I use putty and maximize it, then the second half of the emulator window is not utilized and used! I mean the mouse cursor is at the half of the page not at the bottom! i have to once minimize and maximize the window to tell putty that i am going to use the maxmized window...is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
4 Replies
LIBGUESTLIB(3)							   Open VM Tools						    LIBGUESTLIB(3)

NAME
libguestlib - vmware shared library DESCRIPTION
This is a shared object intended for use in other applications. It provides access to some configuration and performance data available in the host. SEE ALSO
vmware-checkvm(1) vmware-hgfsclient(1) vmware-toolbox(1) vmware-toolbox-cmd(1) vmware-user(1) vmware-xferlogs(1) libvmtools(3) vmware-guestd(8) vmware-hgfsmounter(8) vmware-user-suid-wrapper(8) vmci(9) vmhgfs(9) vmmemctl(9) vmsock(9) vmsync(9) vmxnet(9) vmxnet3(9) HOMEPAGE
More information about libguestlib and the Open VM Tools can be found at <http://open-vm-tools.sourceforge.net/>. AUTHOR
Open VM Tools were written by VMware, Inc. <http://www.vmware.com/>. This manual page was put together from homepage materials by Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2010.03.20-243334 2010-04-08 LIBGUESTLIB(3)