Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: printf Hexadecimal output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting printf Hexadecimal output Post 302479318 by fpmurphy on Friday 10th of December 2010 09:52:20 AM
Old 12-10-2010
Quote:
Is there a "printf" which will output the hexadecimal value of a numeric character?
I think the question you meant to ask is
Quote:
Is there a "printf" which will output the hexadecimal value of a numeric character within a string?
If this is the correct question, then the answer is no.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help please...output problems with printf.

#include <stdio.h> #include <math.h> // this function calculates the volume of a Cylinder int main(void) { int r; // radius int h; // height double M_PI; // pi int pOne = pow (r, 2); // get user input of radius and height printf ("Enter your... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwanda
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to format the output using float in awk{printf}

Hi I'm using awk to manipulate the data in the 6th field of the file xxx_yyy.hrv. The sample data that is available in this field is given below 220731.7100000000000000 When i tried using this command cat xxx_yyy.hrv | awk '{printf("%23.16f\n",$6*-1)}' I get the output as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angelarosh
4 Replies

3. Programming

capture the output of printf into another variable

Hi , I wonder if in java I can pipe the below output of the printf into a variable: System.out.printf(" This is a test %s\n", myVariable); I want to keep the output of the printf command to create my history array. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK conversion of hexadecimal input to decimal output via printf, I am close I can feel it

I have searched and the answers I have found thus far have led me to this point, so I feel I am just about there. I am trying to convert a column of hexadecimal to decimal values so that I can filter out via grep just the data I want. I was able to pull my original 3 character hex value and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: PCGameGuy
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with awk printf, formatted output

Hi, i have a script, which is incomplete, am on my way developing it. Input 1,12,2012,IF_TB001 2,12,2012,3K3 3,Z56,00000,25,229,K900,00, ,3G3, ,USD, ,0000000000,000, , , , 550000000 3,Z56,00000,53,411,W225,00,000, , ,USD,OM170,0000000000,000, , , , -550000000 4,Z56,COUNT, 4,SUM LOC,... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excel table like output with printf

Hi All; I try to create a excel like table with headers and some fields containing values, other long and complex mathematic formulas. I have some header like : Name Formula Value True/False Under name column, they are some formula names, formula column some long mathematic formulas... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: reseki
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Managing output... echo or printf?

Hello script guru's as i write more and more code i always block at managing output... either writing to standard out, writing to files via std out (log, temp file, etc). Don't get me wrong 99% of the time it DOES the job but maybe there is more efficient. I'm writing a small script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use printf to output a shell variable path?

So I created two shell variables: COLUMN1_HEADING, COLUMN2_HEADING. They have values: COLUMN1_HEADING="John" COLUMN2_HEADING="123456789" How would I use printf to get it to print an output like this: $COLUMN1_HEADING\t$COLUMN2_HEADING\nJohn\t123456789\n Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: steezuschrist96
3 Replies
page_util_quote(3tcl)					      Parser generator tools					     page_util_quote(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing CATEGORY
Page Parser Generator COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(3tcl)