Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Decimal to BCD (Binary Coded Decimal) Post 302477968 by codecaine on Monday 6th of December 2010 11:51:50 PM
Old 12-07-2010
You can use the bc command to change bases. man bc to read up on obase.
Code:
#!/bin/bash

echo "Enter in an interger: "
read value
echo -n "Your result: "
echo "-obase=2; $value" | bc

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script for converting a decimal to binary

Could anybody please help me in writing a script in unix for converting a decimal number to binary number. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: softy
3 Replies

2. Programming

decimal to binary function error

I have the following simple code to return a binary number in a array format given an interger and the number of the bits for specifying the interger as binary number. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main () { // int* get_binary_number(int* bit_array, int num, int... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: return_user
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting Binary decimal coded values to Ascii Values

Hi All, Is there any command which can convert binary decimal coded values to ascii values... i have bcd values like below оооооооооооо0о-- -v - Pls suggest a way to convert this. Thanks, Deepti.Gaur (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Decimal to BCD (Binary Coded Decimal)

Anybody please help me... Design an algorithm that accepts an input a decimal number and converts it into BCD (Binary Coded Decimal) representation. Also, draw its Flow Chart. This is a unix qn... plz post algorithm for that :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caramba
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the negate of decimal to binary?

Hi All, New to this forum (and yes , a newbie in programming..:p) I have a decimal to binary converter script done this way : i=$1 bit0=$(( (i & 0x01) > 0 )) bit1=$(( (i & 0x02) > 0 )) bit2=$(( (i & 0x04) > 0 )) bit3=$(( (i & 0x08) > 0 )) bit4=$((... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: digiteltlc
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert hexa decimal to decimal

Hi, I want to convert two hexadecimal numbers to decimal using unix command line. 1cce446295197a9d6352f9f223a9b698 fc8f99ac06e88c4faf669cf366f60d I tried using `echo "ibase=16; $no |bc` printf '%x\n' "1cce446295197a9d6352f9f223a9b698" but it doesn't work for such big number it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakar T
4 Replies

7. Programming

Binary to decimal for particular bits

Hello, I have script which work fine on particular data.file . The next feature I want to achieve is to get the decimal equivalent of data to data. The data looks like this : data(01000000000000000000110000000000) thank you.. #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
4 Replies

8. Programming

Urgent help needed.. C++ program to convert decimal to hexa decimal

Hi , seq can be 0...128 int windex = seq / 8; int bindex = seq % 8; unsigned char bitvalue = '\x01' << (7-bindex) ; bpv.bitmapvalue = bitvalue; This is the part of a program to convert decimal to bitmap value of hexadecimal. I want this to change to convert only to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Negative decimal to binary

Is there a fast way to convert a negative decimal value into a signed binary number in bash script ? I've looked a lot on internet but I saw nothing... (For exemple : -1 become 11111111.) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zedki
9 Replies
MSSQL_FIELD_SEEK(3)													       MSSQL_FIELD_SEEK(3)

mssql_field_seek - Seeks to the specified field offset

SYNOPSIS
bool mssql_field_seek (resource $result, int $field_offset) DESCRIPTION
Seeks to the specified field offset. If the next call to mssql_fetch_field(3) won't include a field offset, this field would be returned. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). o $field_offset - The field offset, starts at 0. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Using mssql_field_seek(3) on the example for mssql_fetch_field(3) <?php // Connect to MSSQL and select the database mssql_connect('MANGOSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); mssql_select_db('php'); // Send a select query to MSSQL $query = mssql_query('SELECT * FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]'); // Construct table echo '<h3>Table structure for 'persons'</h3>'; echo '<table border="1">'; // Table header echo '<thead>'; echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>Field name</td>'; echo '<td>Data type</td>'; echo '<td>Max length</td>'; echo '</tr>'; echo '</thead>'; // Dump all fields echo '<tbody>'; for ($i = 0; $i < mssql_num_fields($query); ++$i) { // Fetch the field information, notice the // field_offset parameter is not set. See // the mssql_field_seek call below $field = mssql_fetch_field($query); // Print the row echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>' . $field->name . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . strtoupper($field->type) . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . $field->max_length . '</td>'; echo '</tr>'; // Move the internal seek pointer to the next // row in the result set mssql_field_seek($query, $i + 1); } echo '</tbody>'; echo '</table>'; // Free the query result mssql_free_result($query); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_fetch_field(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_FIELD_SEEK(3)