Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to combine two files into one file using shell scrip Post 302477899 by cabrao on Monday 6th of December 2010 04:53:16 PM
Old 12-06-2010
Code:
paste file1 file2

This User Gave Thanks to cabrao For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using cp command inside shell scrip

Hi, First i would like to say that im a unix begginer. I have a file named /tmp/sample.lst that contain about 20 rows like the following two : '/tmp/aa.txt' '/temp/aa.txt' '/tmp/xx.txt' '/temp/xx.txt' Inside a ksh script i would like to do the following task: add the cp command at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine 3 excel files using shell.

Is there any way to combine 3 excel files into one comma separated file, after removing the header row from all the three files. Is this possible? I have looked in FAQ and I did not find anything. Appreciate any suggestions or links to resources. Radhika. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to convert shell scrip to binaric command

here is a typical question for everyone ... How to convert a given shell script to binaric command along with its shell script switches. Any !dea (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Get file name in shell scrip loop: bad substitution

Hi guys. Good day, morning, afternoon or night, depending on where you live. I have a script shell in which I am looping on files (absolute path) see code section above. I always have an error: bad substitution. :wall: Is it because my variable file is the index of the loop and not a normal... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soueric
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine two files using shell script

I need to combine two files based on the content in first column and combine it into one file . For example : file1: A 10 B 20 C 30 D 40 File2: B 200 E 500 A 100 D 400 Need the output in this format: file 3 : column 1 Column 2 Column 3 A 10 100 B 20 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsm2011
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine shell files

The script below is an attempt to combine 3 shells into 1. The first part: match.sh prompts the user for an id of a patient and runs a match script based on the response of "y" or "n". After completing the user is asked if there are additional patients, and based on "y" or "n" a certain action... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine shell files

I am hoping the attached shell file is at least somewhat close to this. Combining two shell file into one, where depending on the user input of"y" or "n" different commands are run. Thank you :). So first he user is asked for an ID to match, once the id is entered a script is run that uses... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Scrip in Masking particular columns in .csv file or .txt file using shell script

Hello Unix Shell Script Experts, I have a script that would mask the columns in .csv file or .txt file. First the script will untar the .zip files from Archive folder and processes into work folder and finally pushes the masked .csv files into Feed folder. Two parameters are passed ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahesh G
5 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with shell scrip syntax errors

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: This script will analyse the channels.txt e registrations.txt and it will allow to mage the channels and the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demas
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell Script to combine Two files in one

Hello All , I am new to this Forum, I am trying to write a script to combine two data files with 1 column in common and others columns are different . File1 Apple 29 tomatao 4 grapes 25 File2 Apple fruit tomatao veg grapes fruit other (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan0119
3 Replies
XZDIFF(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZDIFF(1)

NAME
xzcmp, xzdiff, lzcmp, lzdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
xzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] xzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] lzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] lzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] DESCRIPTION
xzcmp and xzdiff invoke cmp(1) or diff(1) on files compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), or lzop(1). All options specified are passed directly to cmp(1) or diff(1). If only one file is specified, then the files compared are file1 (which must have a suffix of a supported compression format) and file1 from which the compression format suffix has been stripped. If two files are specified, then they are uncompressed if necessary and fed to cmp(1) or diff(1). The exit status from cmp(1) or diff(1) is preserved. The names lzcmp and lzdiff are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), lzop(1), zdiff(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp(1) or diff(1) programs refer to temporary filenames instead of those specified. Tukaani 2011-03-19 XZDIFF(1)