Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How do I make a "keyword"?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do I make a "keyword"? Post 302477356 by uxfuser on Saturday 4th of December 2010 01:55:37 PM
Old 12-04-2010
MySQL How do I make a "keyword"?

Hi and sorry for the ridiculous topic. My question is how do I make this possible "./whois.sh myipfile > outputfile" ? Now it works like this "./whois.sh > outputfile" and I have to rename my file with ips to "file" for it to work. And for those who don't understand what this script does: It does a whois -r for all the ips in "file".

Code:
#!/bin/bash
while read ip
do
     whois -r $ip
done<file

Thanks in advance

\Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"./cofigure" and "make" turmoil

I am a Unix newbie and I downloaded some X11 programs. I have gcc, but I cannot compile the files. I NEED HELP!!!! :confused: (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnerd
16 Replies

2. Programming

how could i make a program mixed with many "|", "<" and ">"

I have written following code to do: ls -l | wc -w, it works: but when there are not only a single "|", if there are more such as: ls -l | sort -r | sort | sort -r, This program does not work, i want to know how could i deal with it when there are more "|", another situation is that, if it mixes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: strugglingman
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep/cat/more -- search in a txt file and display content from a specific "keyword"

Hi, I have a .txt file Sample: ===================== NEXT HOST ===================== AEADBAS001 ip access-list extended BLA_Incoming_Filter ip access-list extended BLA_Outgoing_Filter access-list 1 permit xxxxxxxxxxxxxx access-list 2 permit xxxxxxxxxxxxxx =====================... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need some help deleting words from a line which are not my "Keyword"

Hi, i'm currently new to scripting and need some help with my problem, so i'll jump right to it. I have a file containing text, the file is pretty big so for the sake of this i'll just say this is the text: John id number is abc34938 Grahams id number is pending id number abc64334 is Bob's ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make scipt except from "Y","y" and "yes" to take [Enter] as being "yes"

This is the script: #!/bin/sh if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/WallpaperChanger; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/bin/wallch; fi; if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/applications/wallch.desktop; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/doc/wallch; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/man/man1/wallch.1.gz; fi echo "Delete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error for "continue" keyword in Linux script.

Hi All I have a function in a linux script like this clean_up() { db2 -x "UPDATE ${DB_SCHEMA_NAME}.ETL_DAILY SET ETL_STATUS = 'SUCCESSFUL' WHERE PROCESS_DATE = '${INT_RUN_DATE}' AND BATCH_NO = ${CM_BATCH} AND APP_ID = ${APP_ID} AND APP_VERSION = '${APP_VERSION}'" > ${TMPOUT} ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to print the "grep" result as specified keyword order?

I have a content.xls file as given below, NC_020815.1 1891831 1894692 virb4_A0A0H2X8Z4_ 1 954 1945 NC_020815.1 1883937 1886123 vird4_A0A0P9KA26_ 1 729 1379 NC_020815.1 2976151 2974985 virb10_H8FLU5_Ba 1 393 478 NC_020815.1 2968797 2967745 virb6_A0A0Q5GCZ4 5 398 499... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
2 Replies
in(3pm) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   in(3pm)

NAME
Net::RIPWhois::in - Perl extension for accessing inetnum objects from RIPE whois database. SYNOPSIS
use Net::RIPEWhois::in $in = new Net::RIPEWhois::in; @in = getIn($whois, $prefix, $ALLOCOPT); $whois->closeWhois(); DESCRIPTION
Get inetnum objects from RIPE whois server. Validate as allocation object. METHODS
debug Get or set the debug. $in->debug(1); set the debug. $in->debug(undef); turn off the $debug; error ($errNo, $errMsg) = $in->error; $in->(undef, undef, true); reset the error message Will get the last error no and error string; if $whois->debug is set @{$in->{'errMsgAll'}} and @{$in->{'errNoAll'}} will have the list of all errors and error numbers. new $in = new Net::RIPEWhois::in Creates a new inetnum object. ENV variables WHOISHOST and WHOISPORT getIn Return a list of inetnum objects returned by whois. $whois = new Net::RIPEWhois; @in = $in->getIn($whois, $prefix, $ALLOCOPT); Selected attributes of inetnum are stored in data structure i<inetnum>. Should always query with fast raw output used by the RIPE whois db. $in->{inetnum}{attribute} return undef on error. use $in->error() to get error no. and message. splitWhoisAns Split the response string from whois ans and return list of inetnum on sucess. @inList = $in->splitWhoisAns( $whoisAnsRef); Returns undef on error. Spliting depending on fast raw output format from whois db. Use "-F" to get fast raw output. validAlloc Check the inetnum is an alloation or not. Using netname same as regid, translated "." to "-" . mnt-by RIPE-NCC-MNT ,RIPE-NCC-HM-MNT status ALLOCATED PA, ALLOCATED PI, ALLOCATED UNSPECIFIED and not in IANA Delegated list. As specified in the specification when queried "-L" "-T" in the range database should return max 3 inetnum objects. Assignment, Allocation & IANA delegation to RIPE. Skip if it is an IANA delegation and aply the previous check. @valid = $in->validAlloc(@inlist); undef on error. checkYYYYmmDD Function used to check dates are valid or not. Converts to UTC on YYYYMMDD and concert back to date format if these to matchs treated ad valid date. $YYYYMMDD = checkYYYYmmDD($YYYYMMDD); Accepts YYMMDD and YYYYMMDD formats. YYMMDD is treated as 19YYMMDD FILES
/ncc/ip-reg/delegations perl file with list of IANA delegations. REQUIRES
perl module ipv4pack AUTHOR
Antony <antony@ripe.net> software group RIPE NCC <softies@ripe.net> SEE ALSO
perl(1), Net::RIPEWhois(3), whois(1) perl v5.10.1 2003-07-28 in(3pm)