Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Disable connection logging for a specfic service (/var/log/secure) Post 302477302 by droid on Saturday 4th of December 2010 06:24:02 AM
Old 12-04-2010
Hi,
it depends on the operating system you are using and which program does the logging.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

difference between logging into unix through f-secure ssh client and telnet

hi, what is the difference between logging into unix through f-secure ssh client and telnet is there any more security check is involved can any one explain thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

2. SCO

Disable the SNMP Service

Dear All, Kindly guide how to Disable the SNMP Service on sco unix release 5.0 Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sak900354
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

/var/log/messages and secure not updating

Hello all, I recently deleted some lines from the messages and secure files, in /var/log and now they are not keeping a log anymore. The last update shows the date of when I deleted the lines. I had to delete some failed login attempts to stop denyhosts from blocking the ips (probably not the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is my TLSFTP connection secure?

What is difference in the below Two commands? 1) tlsftp -v -d -i -a -z verify=0 opts=17 $SERVERNAME << ! 2) tlsftp -i -v -n ${ SERVERNAME } << ! Presently I am using the second command for get the files from Mainframe system to Unix system. But it is not secure. Now i want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gbellamk
0 Replies

5. Linux

Disable connection logging for a specfic service (/var/log/secure)

Hello, is there a way to disable connection logging for a specific service? Or eventually to disable /var/log/secure in general? Closed. Double post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
0 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

/var/log/secure* mysteriously empty!

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie and this is my first post, and I'm hoping to get some help understanding what happened on my server. I did as much research as I could, but now I turn to the forums for help :) I've set up a VPS server and I "thought" I had good enough security on it, but all of a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: antondev
2 Replies

7. Solaris

secure connection between two servers ?

hello all, i have a question if i have two servers each one run an application i want to make a tunnel channel between the two servers the two application each one has a specific port . for example server A has port 2001 and server B has port 2002 server A talk to server A using any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxim42
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Disable copying secure key's to remote system

Hi, We all know as we can connect remote system through ssh without entering username and password by copy the public key to remote host using ssh-copy-id. But my query is to i want to restrict the user as do not implement this feature.Whenever he is trying to login, he has to enter his/her... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer the logs being thrown into /var/log/messages into another file example /var/log/volumelog

I have been searching and reading about syslog. I would like to know how to Transfer the logs being thrown into /var/log/messages into another file example /var/log/volumelog. tail -f /var/log/messages dblogger: msg_to_dbrow: no logtype using missing dblogger: msg_to_dbrow_str: val ==... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies
GLANCE-CACHE-PRUNER(1)						      Glance						    GLANCE-CACHE-PRUNER(1)

NAME
glance-cache-pruner - Glance Cache Pruner GLANCE CACHE PRUNER
Author glance@lists.launchpad.net Date 2012-01-03 Copyright OpenStack LLC Version 2012.1-dev Manual section 1 Manual group cloud computing SYNOPSIS glance-cache-pruner [options] DESCRIPTION This is meant to be run as a periodic task, perhaps every half-hour. OPTIONS --version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit --config-file=PATH Path to a config file to use. Multiple config files can be specified, with values in later files taking precedence. The default files used are: [] -d, --debug Print debugging output --nodebug Do not print debugging output -v, --verbose Print more verbose output --noverbose Do not print more verbose output --log-config=PATH If this option is specified, the logging configuration file specified is used and overrides any other logging options specified. Please see the Python logging module documentation for details on logging configuration files. --log-format=FORMAT A logging.Formatter log message format string which may use any of the available logging.LogRecord attributes. Default: none --log-date-format=DATE_FORMAT Format string for %(asctime)s in log records. Default: none --log-file=PATH (Optional) Name of log file to output to. If not set, logging will go to stdout. --log-dir=LOG_DIR (Optional) The directory to keep log files in (will be prepended to --logfile) --use-syslog Use syslog for logging. --nouse-syslog Do not use syslog for logging. --syslog-log-facility=SYSLOG_LOG_FACILITY syslog facility to receive log lines SEE ALSO o OpenStack Glance BUGS o Glance is sourced in Launchpad so you can view current bugs at OpenStack Glance AUTHOR
OpenStack COPYRIGHT
2010-present, OpenStack, LLC. 2012.1.1 March 14, 2013 GLANCE-CACHE-PRUNER(1)