Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Version Control Through the Shell Script Post 302477039 by Anji on Friday 3rd of December 2010 06:11:46 AM
Old 12-03-2010
Thanks ROHON for the reply..
I found the usage and the use of this SCCS facility, But dint find more about how Can I use this in my scenario..
Can you please let me know How can I use it?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Version Control

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post my question on Version Control. Anyway, here it is! I use CVS for source code maintainence in my Solaris box. Is there any command where I can find out in CVS, if any check-in/check-out was done in the last 24 hours? I need a listing of all the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepa
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

control over shell script

Hi.. I have a perl program that uses "system" to execute a shell script called startengine. The script "startengine" itself calls a lot of other smaller scripts to setup the engine etc. It finally has to execute ./engine which is another shell script which is long and takes a long time to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JLJ
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Control Cronjobs using Shell Script??

Hi All, Now i am running the 3 oracle procedures one by one manually. Query: If 1st Procedure OUT_PUT is Success, then call 2nd Procedure. If 2nd Procedure OUT_PUT is Success, then call 3rd Procedure. If 1st Procedure is failed, then no need of calling the other ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanu_oracle
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to disable and enable <control>-c or -z in a shell script

Dear all, good day. i'm asking about how to disable <control>-c or <control>-z in the beginning of a shell script then enable it again before the script exit Best Regards ---------- Post updated at 04:41 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:18 AM ---------- Dear All i found the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: islam.said
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control browser from shell script

I have a browser running in a separate virtual terminal and would like to be able to send shortcut codes (e.g. ctrl+A) to the browser (and have it react) from a bash script in a separate virtual terminal. I need to keep the script in the separate virtual terminal. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple version control script for text files

HI guys, Could you help me writing a simple version control script for a text files. the format could be ./version_control <file(s)> (I want it to be able to work with more than 1 file at the same time) commands are add and get, add means you add new file(s) to the archive, get means you... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s3270226
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control m Character removal shell script

can anyone share script for how to remove control m character (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pw227j
1 Replies

8. Programming

Version control for audit

Hi.I am running some scripts from a "scripts" directory for my job (I am working in Financial industry).For compliance purposes I need to use a "release" directory when running them using some sort of version control(CVS,SVN or GIT) in case the program is audited.Basically I have to maintain a dev... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rolleikid
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing control back to the shell script

Hi All, I have a shell script(test_abc.sh) with the following shell commands, which are invoking the same shell script with different parameters. test_abc.sh . ./test.sh abc >> test.log . ./test.sh xyz >> test.log . ./test.sh pys >> test.log . ./test.sh abc >> test.log . . ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
4 Replies
sccs-help(1)							   User Commands						      sccs-help(1)

NAME
sccs-help, help - ask for help regarding SCCS error or warning messages SYNOPSIS
/usr/ccs/bin/help [argument...] DESCRIPTION
The help utility retrieves information to further explain errors messages and warnings from SCCS commands. It also provides some informa- tion about SCCS command usage. If no arguments are given, help prompts for one. An argument may be a message number (which normally appears in parentheses following each SCCS error or warning message), or an SCCS com- mand name. help responds with an explanation of the message or a usage line for the command. When all else fails, try `/usr/ccs/bin/help stuck'. FILES
/usr/lib/help directory containing files of message text ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWsprot | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sccs(1), sccs-admin(1), sccs-cdc(1), sccs-comb(1), sccs-delta(1), sccs-get(1), sccs-prs(1), sccs-prt(1), sccs-rmdel(1), sccs-sact(1), sccs- sccsdiff(1), sccs-unget(1), sccs-val(1), what(1), sccsfile(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 24 Feb 1998 sccs-help(1)