Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display Post 302476803 by DGPickett on Thursday 2nd of December 2010 03:44:17 PM
Old 12-02-2010
You can test the firewall and PC X assuming :0.0 by going to the UNIX host and trying:
Code:

telnet ip_or_name_of_PC 6000

Now, if it cannot connect, you can go to the PC and try the same thing. If it works, it is firewall somewhere, and if not, the PC X service is not working. Also, try an Xterm or other X app on the PC to make sure X does more than connect there.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Session request failed (Called name not present)

I have the following shell script to map a drive to a windows machine: echo Enter password: stty -echo read passwd stty echo mount -t smbfs -ousername=myusername,password=$passwd //192.168.2.5/sharename /mnt/mountname It works fine and the share mounts, but for some reason I get this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 9: make: Fatal error:Command failed for target

Hi everyone first of all you should know that I've been working with solaris for a few days only. :) I need to install some programs and I have had the following troubles: 1. When I used /.configure it showed the following message: "no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH" I included... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldiego
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Fatal error: Command failed for target `build_crypto'

Dear brothers. i tried so many times to install openssl-0.9.8g in x86 machine. i have done ./config without any error notification. when i execute the make command i am having the same error fatal error: Command failed for target `build_crypto'. i installed c compiler the verson of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sayed_021
1 Replies

4. Solaris

XDMCP fatal error: Session declined No valid address

Hi ppl, anyone has encounter this error before? I can't remote login to another machine residing in the same subnet via CDE and the error I get in var/dt/Xerrors is XDMCP fatal error: Session declined No valid address Warning: Name: submenu_options_button Class: XmRowColumn ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiaochensg
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

30494: session setup failed: ERRDOS

Hi, on a Linux RED HAT I issue the following to mount a shared filesystem on a Win server 2003 and it fails : # smbmount //172.16.0.42/eb_depot /mnt/eb_depot -o username=domaine/Administrateur rw Password: 30494: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.) SMB connection... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
0 Replies

6. Linux

3550: session setup failed: ERRDOS

Hi, we have re installes our Windows domain and Activedirectory, and from then until now we can not mount shared windows filesystems on Linux server and we receive : mount -t smbfs -o username=user1,password=xxxxx //xxx.16.0.xxx/dir /mnt/dir 3550: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Error- ld.so.1: expr: fatal: libgmp.so.3: open failed:No such file or directory

Hi Friends I have a compiler(Sun Forte,I believe) running in my Solaris 9 box. since y'day my development team is finding this error when they compile: ld.so.1: expr: fatal: libgmp.so.3: open failed: No such file or directory I ran a search for this file and found it in one of my file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

make Fatal error: Command failed for target 'exp_inter.o'

I am trying to install Expect 5.43 on my Solaris 10 x86 PC. When I run the make file I get - Command failed for target 'exp_inter.o'. I tried to find the file (find / -name exp_inter.o -print 2>/dev/null) but could not. Where can I get this file from? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pazzy
2 Replies

9. Solaris

XDMCP fatal error: Session declined No valid address

Hello all, I just post here to expose an issue I have encountered two days ago and finally successfully solve just right now using info on this site( but not only). Config : Two SUN/ORACLE sparc Solaris 10 system. Purpose : do a remote CDE login from host one to the host two. method: from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsunsun
0 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

PHP Fatal Errors During SSL Cert Management - PHP Fatal error: xc_fcntl_mutex failed

Today, I noticed some errors in our SSL cert renewal log files, mostly related to domains where the IP address had changed. Concerned about this, rebuilt out SSL cert, which normally goes well without a hiccup. However, for today, for some reason which I cannot explain, there was a PHP error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
Net::Config(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					  Net::Config(3pm)

NAME
Net::Config - Local configuration data for libnet SYNOPSYS
use Net::Config qw(%NetConfig); DESCRIPTION
"Net::Config" holds configuration data for the modules in the libnet distribution. During installation you will be asked for these values. The configuration data is held globally in a file in the perl installation tree, but a user may override any of these values by providing their own. This can be done by having a ".libnetrc" file in their home directory. This file should return a reference to a HASH containing the keys described below. For example # .libnetrc { nntp_hosts => [ "my_preferred_host" ], ph_hosts => [ "my_ph_server" ], } __END__ METHODS
"Net::Config" defines the following methods. They are methods as they are invoked as class methods. This is because "Net::Config" inherits from "Net::LocalCfg" so you can override these methods if you want. requires_firewall HOST Attempts to determine if a given host is outside your firewall. Possible return values are. -1 Cannot lookup hostname 0 Host is inside firewall (or there is no ftp_firewall entry) 1 Host is outside the firewall This is done by using hostname lookup and the "local_netmask" entry in the configuration data. NetConfig VALUES nntp_hosts snpp_hosts pop3_hosts smtp_hosts ph_hosts daytime_hosts time_hosts Each is a reference to an array of hostnames (in order of preference), which should be used for the given protocol inet_domain Your internet domain name ftp_firewall If you have an FTP proxy firewall (NOT an HTTP or SOCKS firewall) then this value should be set to the firewall hostname. If your firewall does not listen to port 21, then this value should be set to "hostname:port" (eg "hostname:99") ftp_firewall_type There are many different ftp firewall products available. But unfortunately there is no standard for how to traverse a firewall. The list below shows the sequence of commands that Net::FTP will use user Username for remote host pass Password for remote host fwuser Username for firewall fwpass Password for firewall remote.host The hostname of the remote ftp server 0 There is no firewall 1 USER user@remote.host PASS pass 2 USER fwuser PASS fwpass USER user@remote.host PASS pass 3 USER fwuser PASS fwpass SITE remote.site USER user PASS pass 4 USER fwuser PASS fwpass OPEN remote.site USER user PASS pass 5 USER user@fwuser@remote.site PASS pass@fwpass 6 USER fwuser@remote.site PASS fwpass USER user PASS pass 7 USER user@remote.host PASS pass AUTH fwuser RESP fwpass ftp_ext_passive ftp_int_passive FTP servers can work in passive or active mode. Active mode is when you want to transfer data you have to tell the server the address and port to connect to. Passive mode is when the server provide the address and port and you establish the connection. With some firewalls active mode does not work as the server cannot connect to your machine (because you are behind a firewall) and the firewall does not re-write the command. In this case you should set "ftp_ext_passive" to a true value. Some servers are configured to only work in passive mode. If you have one of these you can force "Net::FTP" to always transfer in passive mode; when not going via a firewall, by setting "ftp_int_passive" to a true value. local_netmask A reference to a list of netmask strings in the form "134.99.4.0/24". These are used by the "requires_firewall" function to determine if a given host is inside or outside your firewall. The following entries are used during installation & testing on the libnet package test_hosts If true then "make test" may attempt to connect to hosts given in the configuration. test_exists If true then "Configure" will check each hostname given that it exists POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 220: Expected text after =item, not a number Around line 225: Expected text after =item, not a number Around line 232: Expected text after =item, not a number Around line 240: Expected text after =item, not a number Around line 248: Expected text after =item, not a number Around line 253: Expected text after =item, not a number Around line 260: Expected text after =item, not a number perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Net::Config(3pm)