Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to extract one column from csv file in perl? Post 302475498 by kvth on Monday 29th of November 2010 02:54:47 AM
Old 11-29-2010
hey thanks Mr.ilikecows... your code is errors free.. but when i run it, i get a blank output file...please help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract values from column with Perl

Hi everybody I have some problems with PERL programming. I have a file with two columns, both with numeric values. I have to extract the values > 50 from the 2nd columns and sum them among them. The I have to sum the respective values in the first column on the same line and, at the end, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_elena
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract csv based on column value

Hi I have a csv file which is below A,5 B,6 C,10 D,7 I want the values who's second column is greater than 7 say C,10 D,7 Help me please... Thanks, Maruth (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maruthavanan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to extract second column from a xls

Can Anyone tell me how to extract the second column of a xls sheet And compare the content of each row of the column with a .h file. xls sheet is having only one spreadsheet. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract first column from second line in perl

Hello Gurus I have a source file which has the first line as header and the rest are the records I need to extract the first column from the second line to extract a value I/P ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

3 column .csv --> correlation matrix; awk, perl?

Greetings, salutations. I have a 3 column csv file with ~13 million rows and I would like to generate a correlation matrix. Interestingly, you all previously provided a solution to the inverse of this problem. Thread title: "awk? adjacency matrix to adjacency list / correlation matrix to list"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: R3353
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to grep a particular column in CSV format

Hi I want to grep a column 6 & column 7 from a CSV Format file & then i have to find the difference between these columns as these both columns contains date & time in 7/7/2012 9:20 this format . So kindly help me out ASAP. But please kindly dis xls has to be converted in csv format as may... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek@123
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regexp to extract first and second column

Hi, I am trying with the below Perl one-liner using regular expression to extract the first and second column of a text file: perl -p -e "s/\s*(\w+).*/$1/" perl -p -e "s/\s*.+\s(.+)\s*/$1\n/" whereas the text file's data looks like: Error: terminated 2233 Warning: reboot 3434 Warning:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Extract first column from file

Hi, I want to extract first column from a file and redirect the output to another file in perl. I am able to do this from command line by executing below commands. perl -anle 'print $F' Input.dat > Output.dat perl -ne '@F = split("\t", $_); print "$F\n";' Input.dat > Output.dat perl -anE... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neethu
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I extract specific column in multiple csv files?

file1: Name,Threshold,Curr Samples,Curr Error%,Curr ART GETHome,100,21601,0.00%,47 GETregistry,100,21592,0.00%,13 GEThomeLayout,100,30466,0.00%,17 file2: Name,Threshold,Curr Samples,Curr Error%,Curr ART GETHome,100,21601,0.00%,33 GETregistry,100,21592,0.00%,22... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghuram717
6 Replies
COLRM(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  COLRM(1)

NAME
colrm -- remove columns from a file SYNOPSIS
colrm [start [stop]] DESCRIPTION
The colrm utility removes selected columns from the lines of a file. A column is defined as a single character in a line. Input is read from the standard input. Output is written to the standard output. If only the start column is specified, columns numbered less than the start column will be written. If both start and stop columns are spec- ified, columns numbered less than the start column or greater than the stop column will be written. Column numbering starts with one, not zero. Tab characters increment the column count to the next multiple of eight. Backspace characters decrement the column count by one. ENVIRONMENT
The LANG, LC_ALL and LC_CTYPE environment variables affect the execution of colrm as described in environ(7). EXIT STATUS
The colrm utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
awk(1), column(1), cut(1), paste(1) HISTORY
The colrm command appeared in 3.0BSD. BSD
August 4, 2004 BSD