Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HACMP switch over
Operating Systems AIX HACMP switch over Post 302474069 by bakunin on Tuesday 23rd of November 2010 08:06:49 AM
Old 11-23-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungsamsung
What is the procedure to bring everything back to Node A.
I don't want to appear rude or uninformative, but: clusters are a really sensible class of systems and most likely the applications running on it are mission critical - this is usually the reason one decides to (undergo the trouble to) use an HA-system in first line.

Are you sure - really, really sure - you should administrate such a system with such an obvious lack of expertise? Moving a resource group is quite a basic task to do. Don't you think it would be wiser to hire an expert to work on a perhaps quite sensible system while you get some education (not some answers here - i am talking classes and/or homework)?

There are some so-called "red books" at IBM Redbooks you might want to download and study (redbooks are freely downloadable PDFs) dealing with HACMP/PowerHA. Here is a (non-complete) list of redbooks you might find interesting:

Implementing High Availability Cluster Multi-Processing (HACMP) Cookbook, SG24-6769-00

HACMP 5.3, Dynamic LPAR, and Virtualization, REDP-4027-00

IBM eServer pSeries HACMP V5.x Certification Study Guide Update, SG24-6375-01

Having said this: Move the resource group using the SMIT menu (its the easiest way) by entering

Code:
smitty cl_resgrp_move.node_site

and follow the menu there, it is self-explanatory.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

PS: i see that shockneck already answered while i was typing - the SMIT menu he pointed you to is the same one i told you the fastpath for.
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Hacmp

(0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
0 Replies

2. AIX

HACMP (Again)

Hello I am a noobie to HACMP I have 2 55A servers and a 7031 disk subsystem For HACMP to work, do I need to have the hdisks on both servers to match the same drives?? The hdisks on each box are currently different: hdisk0 and hdisk1 are the internal disks and hdisk2-5 are on the D24 on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
1 Replies

3. AIX

Node Switch Reasons in HACMP

Hi Guys, I have two nodes clustered. Each node is AIX 5.2 & they are clustered with HACMP 5.2. The mode of the cluster is Active/Passive which mean one node is the Active node & have all resource groups on it & the 2nd node is standby. Last Monday I noted that all resource groupes have been... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

HACMP in HP-UX

Hi, Can anybody advice whether it is possible to configure HACMP in HP-UX Server. To my knowledge HACMP is IBM Solution. Thanks && Regards, N. Poorna Chandra Rao. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: npcrao
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

6. AIX

HACMP

Hi, Can we use network for heartbeat, I mean can we use different network card for heartbeat. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
6 Replies

7. AIX

HACMP

hi can anyone explain the concepts of HACMP and configuration (step by step) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
2 Replies

8. AIX

HACMP does not start db2 after failover (db2nodes not getting modified by hacmp)

hi, when I do a failover, hacmp always starts db2 but recently it fails to start db2..noticed the issue is db2nodes.cfg is not modified by hacmp and is still showing primary node..manually changed the node name to secondary after which db2 started immediately..unable to figure out why hacmp is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkr747
4 Replies

9. AIX

Hacmp

Hi, I have question about HA. I have 2 node cluster (node A and node B). I have configured network and disk HB. If my network is up and i remove both the fc cables from node A will my cluster failover to node B? I have checked and its not working, if i want my cluster to failover in this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: powerAIX
5 Replies

10. AIX

Crash dump and Panic message : RSCT Dead Man Switch Timeout for HACMP; halting non-responsive node

Dear all i have two aix system -Model : P770 -OS version: AIX 6.1 -patch level : 6100-07-04-1216 -ha version : HACMP v 6.1.0.8 -host : A, B last Wednesday, my B system suddenly went down with crash dump. after 1 minute, A system went down with crash dump. I checked the dump of A-system... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomato00
6 Replies
sysdef(1M)                                                System Administration Commands                                                sysdef(1M)

NAME
sysdef - output system definition SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/sysdef [-i] [-n namelist] /usr/sbin/sysdef [-h] [-d] [-i] [-D] DESCRIPTION
The sysdef utility outputs the current system definition in tabular form. It lists all hardware devices, as well as pseudo devices, system devices, loadable modules, and the values of selected kernel tunable parameters. It generates the output by analyzing the named bootable operating system file (namelist) and extracting the configuration information from it. The default system namelist is /dev/kmem. OPTIONS
-i Prints the configuration information from /dev/kmem. This is the default and only needs to be specified if the configura- tion information from both /dev/kmem and the system file specified with the "-n namelist" option is needed. -nnamelist Specifies a namelist other than the default (/dev/kmem). The namelist specified must be a valid bootable operating system. -h Prints the identifier of the current host in hexadecimal. This numeric value is unique across all Sun hosts. -d The output includes the configuration of system peripherals formatted as a device tree. -D For each system peripheral in the device tree, display the name of the device driver used to manage the peripheral. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample output format The following example displays the format of the sysdef -d output: example% sysdef -d Node 'SUNW,Ultra-5_10', unit #-1 Node 'packages', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'terminal-emulator', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'deblocker', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'obp-tftp', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'disk-label', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'SUNW,builtin-drivers', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'sun-keyboard', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'ufs-file-system', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'chosen', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'openprom', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'client-services', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'options', unit #0 Node 'aliases', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'memory', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'virtual-memory', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'pci', unit #0 Node 'pci', unit #0 Node 'ebus', unit #0 Node 'auxio', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'power', unit #0 Node 'SUNW,pll', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'se', unit #0 (no driver) Node 'su', unit #0 Node 'su', unit #1 Node 'ecpp', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'fdthree', unit #0 Node 'eeprom', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'flashprom', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'SUNW,CS4231', unit #0 (no driver) Node 'network', unit #0 Node 'SUNW,m64B', unit #0 Node 'ide', unit #0 Node 'disk', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'cdrom', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'sd', unit #1 Node 'dad', unit #1 Node 'pci', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'pseudo', unit #0 [output truncated] FILES
/dev/kmem default operating system image ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hostid(1), prtconf(1M), nlist(3ELF), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 4 Oct 2004 sysdef(1M)