Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Strange tab-completion behavior with zsh in screen Post 302473374 by DGPickett on Friday 19th of November 2010 04:33:18 PM
Old 11-19-2010
Perhaps your TERM variable does not match what is running, so the command line edit features are displaying a mess?
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tab completion using ! history command

Hi all, I recently discovered the ! command. I think it's great that !cd ? will match the last command that began with cd ?. However, for ! to be particularly useful to me (for now anyway) it would be nice if there was a tab completion option available (as with the cd command). Does anyone know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: x-375HK-x
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tab Completion on Solaris 10

Hi, Is there a way to turn on tab completetion on Solaris 10? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: annointed3
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tab completion gubbins

Hello all How do you configure unix terminal to list files as you tab complete. I'm using a unix terminal at work and when i first started tab complete on a folder would list all matches if there were more than one. eg. monkey.xml mon.xml monkeyboy.xml in one folder if i cd into... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GNUless
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tab completion in csh

Is it possible to set up my .cshrc so that a single tab attempts to autocomplete, while a double tab gives a list of all possible options. In other words, I want it to work like bash in this regard. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: James McMurray
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

hp unix doesn't have tab completion

hi guys, i am new to HP unix , i am doing Solaris , i am just asking is there any thing like "bash" in hp unix including tab completion? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagigg
8 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

TAB completion in cygwin

Hi there, I ve been using cygwin for some time now without any problems. However, recently I ve mapped a new drive on Windows and are now having problems with TAB completion for awk scripts in cygwin on this newly mapped drive (cygdrive t). I can access and run all files but cygwin doesn't do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommes
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

zsh and host completion

Hi there is there a way i can add to my .zshrc so that when i type rsh <tab> it takes the name for a list of hosts i know it looks in .ssh/know_hosts but i want it for rsh and for a list that i supply thanks A (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"╭─ " Character combo in $PATH causes strange autocompletion behavior in zsh

I've posted about this before, but only recently narrowed the problem down to a specific cause. Ok, first of all, the behavior: It occurs when autocompletion brings up its list (not when there is only a single option). Basically, if I were to type, say, cd ~/<TAB> I would get something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marshaul
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash Tab Completion Hanging

Hi, I'm having a problem with tab completion at the bash command line. For some reason, whenever I type g<tab>, the terminal will freeze up for 5-10 seconds before asking me if I want to display all 325 possibilities. I thought that maybe it's because of the high number of commands, but I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raz716
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing literal tab character from zsh to other program

I have a Zsh script which invokes another program. One of the paramters to be passed, should be a literal tab, i.e what in common programming languages is often written as "\t". If it were bash, I think I could use the special form $"\t" but this doesn't seem to work (the called program... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rovf
5 Replies
XmTabListInsertTabs(library call)										 XmTabListInsertTabs(library call)

NAME
XmTabListInsertTabs -- A convenience function that inserts tabs into a tab list SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> XmTabList XmTabListInsertTabs( XmTabList oldlist, XmTab *tabs, Cardinal tab_count, int position); DESCRIPTION
XmTabListInsertTabs creates a new tab list that includes the tabs in oldlist. This function copies specified tabs to the tab list at the given position. The first tab_count tabs of the tabs array are added to the tab list. If oldlist is NULL, XmTabListInsertTabs creates a new tab list containing only the tabs specified. oldlist Specifies the tab list to add the tabs to. The function deallocates oldlist after extracting the required information. tabs Specifies a pointer to the tabs to be added to the tab list. It is the caller's responsibility to free the tabs in tabs by using XmTabFree. tab_count Specifies the number of tabs in tabs. position Specifies the position of the first new tab in the tab list. A value of 0 (zero) makes the first new tab the first tab in the tab list, a value of 1 makes it the second tab, and so on. If position is greater than the number of tabs in oldlist, then the tabs will be inserted at the end. If position is negative, the count will be backwards from the end. A value of -1 makes the first new tab the last tab, and so on. RETURN
If tabs is NULL or tab_count is 0 (zero), this function returns oldlist. Otherwise, it returns a new tab list. The function allocates space to hold the returned tab list. The application is responsible for managing the allocated space. The application can recover the allocated space by calling XmTabListFree. RELATED
XmTabList(3) and XmTabListFree(3). XmTabListInsertTabs(library call)