Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Sharing tape drive across systems Post 302472342 by mk8570 on Wednesday 17th of November 2010 12:16:27 AM
Old 11-17-2010
Thanks for the response .

Can you expand on what you mean by transfer over network socket ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sharing Tape Drive from other machine

Pls. correct me for the required steps which we need to do to share the Tape drive or whatever drive from other machine in network . 1.related files : /etc/hosts ,/etc/hosts.equiv , ....? 2. we need to insert the user & machine name inside hosts.equiv . (machinname1 username1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sharing a Unix Drive Over The Internet ... but

I don't know if this can be done, otherwise, my project will come to a screeching halt. I have a SCO 5.0.5 machine connected to the internet with a static IP address. I need to be able to share a drive : /shareddrive I need to map to it from a windows machine: hence, what i'd like to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tape drive

Hi, I need to restore my tape backup, when I type "tape status" it gives; status : ready beginning-of-tape write-protected soft errors : 0 hard errors : 0 underruns : 3 but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
4 Replies

4. AIX

Sharing a tape drive across the network.

I'm building a new server that doesn't have an internal tape drive. It is running 5.3ML8. I have another server running 5.1ML9 that has an LTO1 drive I'd like to share. Is this possible, or should I look into twin-tailing it, if that's even supported anymore. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tommysalami
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Sharing DVD Drive in LDoms Environment

I have T5220 server with DVD drive. I have installed few logical domains in the server and wonder how they can share the DVD drive. I have not seen any mention of that in Sun documentation. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Sharing devices (tape drive) to local zone

I have to setup a local zone and need to share the fiber attached tape drive that is connected to the global zone. What is the best way to do this? Will sharing the /dev/rmt directory via lofs work? Any help is appreciated! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

7. AIX

problem on sharing cdrom drive in AIX with linux

HI i have setuped a nfs between a AIX system and a linux os ,keeping AIX as sever i need to share the CDrom in AIX server with the linux operating system. ie. linux os machine does't have a cdrom . will i be able be share ..i tried a lot but it gives a message which resembles NFS access... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguraja
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

TAPE drive

I have used ioscan -fnC tape and the system identified the tape drive. what is the command to show a listing of what is on the tape? I have used ls /dev/rmt/rmt0 to no avail. can anyone help? Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randydog
10 Replies
tcopy(1)							   User Commands							  tcopy(1)

NAME
tcopy - copy a magnetic tape SYNOPSIS
tcopy source [destination] DESCRIPTION
The tcopy utility copies the magnetic tape mounted on the tape drive specified by the source argument. The only assumption made about the contents of a tape is that there are two tape marks at the end. When only a source drive is specified, tcopy scans the tape, and displays information about the sizes of records and tape files. If a des- tination is specified, tcopy makes a copies the source tape onto the destination tape, with blocking preserved. As it copies, tcopy pro- duces the same output as it does when only scanning a tape. The tcopy utility requires the use of Berkeley-compatible device names. For example, example% tcopy /dev/rmt/1b /dev/rmt/2b ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mt(1), ioctl(2), attributes(5) NOTES
tcopy will only run on systems supporting an associated set of ioctl(2) requests. SunOS 5.10 10 Mar 2000 tcopy(1)