Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find ,replace and overwrite from master and sub dir Post 302471992 by pasupuleti81 on Tuesday 16th of November 2010 01:35:54 AM
Old 11-16-2010
Thank you kevintse and ctsgnb !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

a script to clone a dir tree, & overwrite the dir struct elsewhere?

hi all, i'm looking for a bash or tcsh script that will clone an empty dir tree 'over' another tree ... specifically, i'd like to: (1) specify a src directory (2) list the directory tree/hiearchy beneath that src dir, w/o files -- just the dirs (3) clone that same, empty dir hierarchy to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OpenMacNews
2 Replies

2. Programming

To find a existence of a dir within a dir

Hi, I want to find whether a dir "temp" is present inside a dir. It should get a dir a input and search recursively within that directory to check whether temp is present and return 1 or return 0 if it is not present anywhere inside the directory/sub-directory. I know we can use readdir in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spsenthil
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script to find dir, delete files in, and then del dir?

Hello!! I have directories from 2008, with files in them. I want to create a script that will find the directoried from 2008 (example directory: drwxr-xr-x 2 isplan users 1024 Nov 21 2008 FILES_112108), delete the files within those directories and then delete the directories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search and replace and overwrite file

hi, i am doing awk '{gsub("hello", "bye", $0); print}' test.dat but I want to actually store the results of this global change into the file test.dat itself, i.e. I don't want the results to come to stdout, I want the results to overwrite the initial file how can I do this? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is the find command to find exact dir from the root

I want to find a dir called STOP from the root.so what is the find command. Thanks & Regards Rajkumar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find a file then overwrite with a newer version

This should be a simple script, but can't find one with google search. I just need to find the file that is in many directories, then overwrite that file with a newer version i.e. find file.jar then overwrite with /root/file.jar All I get in searches is substitute text with new test inside... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haircat
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - Find paths of multiple files in CC (dir and sub-dir))

Dear Members, I have a list of xml files like abc.xml.table prq.xml.table ... .. . in a txt file. Now I have to search the file(s) in all directories and sub-directories and print the full path of file in a output txt file. Please help me with the script or command to do so. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search/replace specific field, using variables for regexp & subsitution then overwrite file

Hello, I'm trying the solve the following problem. I have a file which I intend to use as a csv called master.csv The columns are separated by commas. I want to change the text on a specific row in either column 3,4,5 or 6 from xxx to yyy depending upon if column 1 matches a specified pattern.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyphex
3 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How can I replicate master master and master master MySQL databse replication and HA?

I have an application desigend in PHP and MySQl running on apache web server that I is running on a Amazon EC2 server Centos. I want to implement the master-master and master slave replication and high availability disaster recovery on this application database. For this I have created two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find out which server is LDAP/NIS master?

I have some scripts where I go and do some LDAP/NIS queries to report on users on Unix servers. What I am trying to figure out is, how do I know which server is the LDAP? The configs have been in place long before I took over so was hoping someone had some insight on how to figure this out. I must... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dagamier
1 Replies
PS2ASCII(1)							 Ghostscript Tools						       PS2ASCII(1)

NAME
ps2ascii - Ghostscript translator from PostScript or PDF to ASCII SYNOPSIS
ps2ascii [ input.ps [ output.txt ] ] ps2ascii input.pdf [ output.txt ] DESCRIPTION
ps2ascii uses gs(1) to extract ASCII text from PostScript(tm) or Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files. If no files are specified on the command line, gs reads from standard input; but PDF input must come from an explicitly-named file, not standard input. If no output file is specified, the ASCII text is written to standard output. ps2ascii doesn't look at font encoding, and isn't very good at dealing with kerning, so for PostScript (but not currently PDF), you might consider pstotext (see below). FILES
Run "gs -h" to find the location of Ghostscript documentation on your system, from which you can get more details. SEE ALSO
pstotext(1), http://www.research.digital.com/SRC/virtualpaper/pstotext.html VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 7.05. AUTHOR
L. Peter Deutsch <ghost@aladdin.com> was the original author. The current version has substantial improvements by David M. Jones <dmjones@theory.lcs.mit.edu>. 7.05 22 April 2002 PS2ASCII(1)