Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers a question about the text string Post 302471838 by ksgreen on Monday 15th of November 2010 09:59:19 AM
Old 11-15-2010
a question about the text string

Hi I have a question for creating a text string

I have a table and wanted to attach a column header for it, can i do this:

header = "id gender age phone"
cat header table > finaltable

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Manipulation Question....

Say I've got a string like: data1,data2,data3,data4. How would I be able to break up the string, so that I have four variables w/ the values data1 data2 data3 data4. Also, how could I read a string character by character. I know you can read a sentence word by word by using the for var... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheRocket
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending string to text file based on search string

Hi, I need to append string "Hi" to the beginning of the lines containing some specific string. How can I achieve that? Please help. Malay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

String parse question

I have a string of data that looks like this: private.enterprises.954.1.1.1.1.1.2618 \(OctetString\): U private.enterprises.954.1.1.1.1.2.2618 \(OctetString\): 2618 I am trying to parse the string to only return the values after the ":". Ex from above "U" and "2618". Any suggestions? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnreferee
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string and append text after the string

Hi, I have a file like this... <o t="Batch" id="8410" p="/" g="32"> <a n="name"> <v s="DBBA1MM"/> </a> <a n="owner"> <v r="/Administrator"/> </a> <a n="rights"> <v s="95"/> </a> <a n="debugLevel"> <v s="3"/> </a> <a n="avsStoreLoc"> <v... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kesu2k
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string in a text file and add another string at the particular position of a line

I am having a text file which is having more than 200 lines. EX: 001010122 12000 BIB 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 2000 AND 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 12000 KVB 12000 11200 1200003 In the above file i want to search for string KVB and add/replace... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string in a text file and add another string at the end of line

Dear All I am having a text file which is having more than 200 lines. EX: 001010122 12000 BIB 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 2000 AND 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 12000 KVB 12000 11200 1200003 In the above file i want to search for string KVB... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to get text between a string and next line after another string

Hi folks! I'm trying to get a part of a text inside a text file (sudoers actually) but I'm having trouble. Here is an example of a text: Cmnd_Alias DUMMY = /bin/ls /bin/car /usr/bin/whatever Cmnd_Alias TARGET = test test test test test \ ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: leandrorius
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Search for a string and to extract the string from the text

Hi Team I have an huge xml where i need to search for a ceratin numbers. For example 2014-05-06 15:15:41,498 INFO WebContainer : 10 CommonServicesLogs - CleansingTriggerService.invokeCleansingService Entered PUBSUB NOTIFY MESSAGE () - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kannannair
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search String, Out matched text and input text for no match.

I need to search a string for some specific text which is no big deal using grep. My problem is when the search fails to find the text. I need to add text like "na" when my search does not match. I have tried this command but it does not work when I put the command in a loop in a bash script: ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojojmac5
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a string and display its location on the entire string and make a text file

I want to search a small string in a large string and find the locations of the string. For this I used grep "string" -ob <file name where the large string is stored>. Now this gives me the locations of that string. Now how do I store these locations in a text file. Please use CODE tags as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ANKIT ROY
7 Replies
elf_getphdr(3E) 														   elf_getphdr(3E)

NAME
elf32_getphdr, elf32_newphdr, elf64_getphdr, elf64_newphdr - retrieve class-dependent program header table for elf32 and elf64 files, respectively SYNOPSIS
[flag... ] file... [library] ... DESCRIPTION
For a 32-bit class file, returns a pointer to the program execution header table, if one is available for the ELF descriptor elf. allocates a new table with count entries, regardless of whether one existed previously, and sets the bit for the table (see elf_flag(3E)). Specifying a zero count deletes an existing table. Note this behavior differs from that of (see elf_getehdr(3E)), allowing a program to replace or delete the program header table, changing its size if necessary. If no program header table exists, the file is not a 32-bit class file, an error occurs, or elf is null, both functions return a null pointer. Additionally, returns a null pointer if count is zero. The table is an array of structures, each of which includes the following members. The ELF header's member tells how many entries the program header table has (see elf_getehdr(3E)). A program may inspect this value to determine the size of an existing table; automatically sets the member's value to count. If the program is building a new file, it is responsible for creating the file's ELF header before creating the program header table. For a 64-bit class file, returns a pointer to the program execution header table, if one is available for the ELF descriptor elf. allocates a new table with count entries, regardless of whether one existed previously, and sets the bit for the table (see Specifying a zero count deletes an existing table. Note this behavior differs from that of (see elf_getehdr(3E)), allowing a program to replace or delete the program header table, changing its size if necessary. If no program header table exists, the file is not a 64-bit class file, an error occurs, or elf is null, both functions return a null pointer. Additionally, returns a null pointer if count is zero. The table is an array of structures, each of which includes the following members. The ELF header's e_phnum member tells how many entries the program header table has (see elf_getehdr(3E)). A program may inspect this value to determine the size of an existing table; automatically sets the member's value to count. If the program is building a new file, it is responsible for creating the file's ELF header before creating the program header table. SEE ALSO
elf(3E), elf_begin(3E), elf_flag(3E), elf_getehdr(3E). elf_getphdr(3E)