Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to set server's ip address, router, network mask and set if it is an internal or external ip? Post 302471684 by zagaruika on Sunday 14th of November 2010 05:28:09 PM
Old 11-14-2010
How to set server's ip address, router, network mask and set if it is an internal or external ip?

Hello, I need to write a program which sets server's ip address, router, network mask. Program also should set if it is an internal or external ip. Maybe someone can help me ? Any information from u is very useful Smilie
I stopped at .. Smilie

#!/bin/sh
A=`hostname -i`
echo "server ip address is $A"

any ideas how to write further?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

set ip address

I'm new to Solaris. How do I set a server's IP address? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: confused
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

set the source IP address to zero

Hi, does anybody know how to set the IP source address of an IP packet to be zero? The problem is that when you create a raw socket and set the IP_HDRINCL socket option, if you put the ip_src address to zero (INADDR_ANY) the kernel will automatically set the source address to the primary IP address... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: developer
2 Replies

3. Solaris

network config problem - how to set the server for others to ssh without password

Hi, I want to ssh the linux server without inputting the password, how can I config this server? Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
1 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Email Address set up too late

I set up the email address for my account too late for it to be activated prior to the transmission of the activate message from unix.com. Can you resend that message? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Retson Retap
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Connecting To An External Network Using A logical (PACKAGE) IP Address

Hie everyone, I am currently facing a problem whereby I can not connect to an external network from a package ip address on a HP-UX cluster. Below is the illustration: Primary Server IP Address : n.n.n.202 Secondary Server IP Address : n.n.n.212 Package IP Address : n.n.n.211 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cchilenga
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

I need HELP to Set up Coyote Linux router with 1 static IP & 64 internal static IP

hello, i need help on setting my coyote linux, i've working on this for last 5 days, can't get it to work. I've been posting this message to coyote forum, and other linux forum, but haven't get any answer yet. Hope someone here can help me...... please see my attached picture first. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlwoaud
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set internal hard drives unaccessible to imager

Looking for some clues on how to set my internal hard drives inaccessible/busy to clonezilla. Noprobe doesn't work in startup and the drive is still found. I know I can find all hard drives using the following: sudo fdisk -l | grep GB | awk '{print $2}' | grep -Po "^+(?=:?)" I tried... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: traustic
9 Replies

8. Solaris

i want to set ip address to a virtual machine

hi all i want to set ip address to a vitrual machine i am using following command. but it is not ifconfig -a command output. what is wrong i dont know bash# ifconfig interfacename plumb bash# ifconfig interfacename auto-dhcp Please use code tags next time for your code and data. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
4 Replies

9. Linux

Unable to set static ip address

Hi All, Am using centos 7 in my vmware workstatio with the bridged network. when run the ifconfig cmd its not at all showing the ip address and pls advise how to set static ip address in my linux box. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarathkumar s
1 Replies
SYNERGYC(1)						      General Commands Manual						       SYNERGYC(1)

NAME
synergyc -- synergy client SYNOPSIS
synergyc [-d level | --debug level ] [--display display ] [--daemon | { --no-daemon | -f } ] [-n name | --name name ] [--restart | { --no-restart | -1 } ] address synergyc { --help | -h } synergyc --version DESCRIPTION
Starts the synergyc mouse/keyboard sharing client. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Slightly old documenta- tion exists in /usr/share/doc/synergy/obsolete/index.html; it is the most up-to-date information available, despite the pathname. OPTIONS
-d level --debug level use debugging level level. Debug levels are from highest to lowest: FATAL, ERROR, WARNING, NOTE, INFO, DEBUG, DEBUG1, and DEBUG2. Only messages at or above the given level are logged. Messages are logged to a terminal window when running in the foreground, and to syslog when running as a daemon. --display display connect to the X server at display --daemon run the client as a daemon. -f --no-daemon run in client the foreground. -n screen-name --name screen-name use screen-name instead of the hostname. This option lets the client use a name other than its hostname for its screen. This name is used when checking the configuration. --restart restart the client automatically if it fails. -1 --no-restart do not try to restart the client if it fails for some reason. -h --help display help and exit. --version display version information and exit. address address of server. address has one of the following forms: o hostname o hostname:port hostname is a hostname or address of a network interface on the server system. port is a port number from 1 to 65535. port defaults to 24800. RUNNING THE CLIENT
Run the client on all computers that aren't the server using the following command line: synergyc -f server-hostname Replace server-hostname with the hostname or address of the server system. The `-f' option causes synergy to run in the foreground. This option is recommended until you've verified that the configuration works. If you didn't include the system's hostname in the configuration file (either as a screen name or an alias) then you'll have to add `--name screen-name' to the command line, where screen-name is a name in the configuration file. The client should quickly report `connected to server'. If it does not but doesn't print an error and exit immediately then it's trying to connect to the server but cannot. It will time out in 30 seconds and exit (use ctrl+c to exit earlier). You should check that the server is running and is reachable over the network and try again. If the client fails and exits it should print an error describing the problem. Here are typical problems and possible solutions: o failed to open screen: check permission to open the X display check that the DISPLAY environment variable is set o already connected: check that the synergy client isn't already running o refused client: add client to the server's configuration file o connection failed: check server-hostname the server cannot open the desired port, stop the program using that port (24800) and restart the server Once all the clients are running, try moving the mouse to each screen. Be sure to check all the configured links. STARTING AUTOMATICALLY
Synergy requires an X server. That means a server must be running and synergy must be authorized to connect to that server. I recommend to start the synergy client from a start script of your desktop environment or window manager. The commands should look something like this: pkill synergyc synergyc [options] server-hostname If you are using GNOME, you can add the synergy client to the list of the non-session-managed startup programs. For doing this, start the control center, choose `Session Properties & Startup' and then `Startup Programs'. Add a new entry with `/usr/bin/synergyc server-hostname' as the startup command. options must not include `-f' or `--no-daemon'. It's important to make sure no old copies of synergy are running so they can't interfere with the new one. SEE ALSO
synergys(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Daniel Lutz <danlutz@debian.org> for the Debian system. Edited by Titus Barik <barik@ieee.org>. SYNERGYC(1)