Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Evaluated variables in PHP
Top Forums Programming Evaluated variables in PHP Post 302471548 by pludi on Saturday 13th of November 2010 03:08:19 PM
Old 11-13-2010
eval is evil. You'd spend more code on trying to prevent security problems than anything else, and even then there'd probably be (more than) a few left.

Check the PHP Manual for Variable variables.
This User Gave Thanks to pludi For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I make dynamic parameter names? Or get the value of a parameter evaluated twi

Say I write something like the following: var1=1 var2=2 for int in 1 2 do echo "\$var$int" done I want the output to be: 1 2 Instead I get something like: $var1 $var2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awanka
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assigning evaluated expression to a variable

Hello, Could you please let me know what is the problem here.. 28:var1="SERVER_$j" 29:eval $var1=`grep "^DBSERVER=" "$i" |cut -d"=" -f2` i get this error: syntax error at line 29 : `|' unexpected Thanks for your quick response..This is urgent..pls.. Regards Kaushik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushikraman
5 Replies

3. Programming

How to convert byteArray variables to HexaString variables for Linux?

Hello everybody, I am having problem in converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Linux. I have done, converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Windows but same function doesn't work for linux. Is there any difference in OS ? The code for Windows is given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritesh_163
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable is not evaluated in awk statement

Dear All, I have one problem in my script, awk statement as 1. it is not evaluate the second variable $stake but the first one $channel is being done. 2.I want to assign the whole awk statement to a variable actual_code which is not being executed in my script. #!/usr/bin/sh echo "Enter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinmayadalai
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with passing XML variables to MySQL DB via PHP

Hi everybody, I need the help of the Unix community once again :) I have some code which queries an XML feed and displays the results for me. I would like to enter the XML output in to my database, but I am having trouble passing the variables while INSERTing. Here is my code that I need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: o0110o
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variables from bash to php-cli

Hello everyone, I've been looking how to pass variables between bash and php-cli in 1 file. So far i got this: #!/bin/bash echo "This is bash" php << EOF <?php echo "This is php\n"; ?> EOF I would now like to be able to pass a variable declared in the bash to the php. I already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbee
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[PHP] Need help with making variables Global

I have made a script that requires another php script for functions. I need a way so that the required script can read and write the main script's variables. Best Regards, John Wei ---------- Post updated at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:40 AM ---------- Sorry Guys, EDIT: my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johntzwei
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with multiple variables like 25 variables.

Hi All, i have a requirement where i have to run a script with at least 25 arguements and position of arguements can also change. the unapropriate way is like below. can we achieve this in more good and precise way?? #!/bin/ksh ##script is sample.ksh age=$1 gender=$2 class=$3 . . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP: declared variables, strlen vs isset

greetings, pretty new to php and i think i might be missing some fundamental limitation of isset. i have two php scripts below that are executed by crond, one using --host X and one that does not. and below that are three different attempts at generating a command line that will be executed. the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
8 Replies
MSSQL_NUM_FIELDS(3)													       MSSQL_NUM_FIELDS(3)

mssql_num_fields - Gets the number of fields in result

SYNOPSIS
int mssql_num_fields (resource $result) DESCRIPTION
mssql_num_fields(3) returns the number of fields in a result set. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns the number of fields, as an integer. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_num_fields(3) example <?php // Connect to MSSQL and select the database $link = mssql_connect('KALLESPCSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); mssql_select_db('php', $link); // Select some data from our database $data = mssql_query('SELECT [name], [age] FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]'); // Construct a table echo '<table border="1">'; $header = false; // Iterate through returned results while ($row = mssql_fetch_array($data)) { // Build the table header if (!$header) { echo '<thead>'; echo '<tr>'; for ($i = 1; ($i + 1) <= mssql_num_fields($data); ++$i) { echo '<td>' . ucfirst($row[$i]) . '</td>'; } echo '</tr>'; echo '</thead>'; echo '<tbody>'; $header = true; } // Build the row echo '<tr>'; foreach($row as $value) { echo '<td>' . $value . '</td>'; } echo '</tr>'; } // Close table echo '</tbody>'; echo '</table>'; // Clean up mssql_free_result($data); mssql_close($link); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_query(3), mssql_fetch_field(3), mssql_num_rows(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_NUM_FIELDS(3)