Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Unrecognized disk label of a external HD Post 302471261 by fpmurphy on Friday 12th of November 2010 11:07:29 AM
Old 11-12-2010
Is it a Western Digital unit?
what specific OS are you trying to mount it on?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot label disk when partitions are in use as described

:confused: Hello, In my Solaris system, I want to resize my mounted home directory slice. 1.I unmount the slice, #umount /export/home 2.Resize the directory #format>partition> 3.#format>label 4.#format>Cannot label disk when partitions are in use as described. So, How can label ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: XNOR
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Warning: No Disk Label

Hi Fellows, I am trying to mirror 2 identical disks on a SUN Ultra 10 machines (with new installation of Solaris 8). In the process, I found 2 issues: 1. prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0 | fmthard -s - /dev/rdsk/c0t1d0s0 Result: Disk partitions between the 2 disks do not match up. 2. manually... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: o51974
2 Replies

3. Solaris

ZFS disk label missing

I 'm having problem in importing a zfs pool was getting error device missing and upon further digging found that labels on my disk for zpool are missing Does anyone know how to recover from it ? root@essapl020-u006 # zdb -l /dev/dsk/emcpower0c --------------------------------------------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Help:"Bad checksum in disk label" and "Can't open disk label package"?

Hello, I'm brand new to Sun/Solaris. I have a Sun Blade 150, with SunOS 5.8. I wanted to make a backup to prevent future data loss, so I put the disk in a normal PC with Windows XP to try to make a backup with Norton Ghost, the disk was detected, but not the file volume, so I place the disk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Resadija
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read a disk label?

Hi there, I'm wondering how to display a disk label (why not edit it but I don't need that yet). I found several commands on forums like disklabel and diskinfo but I can't find them on my system and don't know the package they belong to. Can you help me? Cheers Santiago (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
2 Replies

6. Solaris

label a slice on disk erorr

Hi there, I am trying to do root volume mirroring on SunFire V210 server. I have two disks in it.First one is c1t0do and second one is c1t1do. Both disks already have partitions in them so I am deleting the partitions of second disk(c1t1do) using format command and selecting cylinder start 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbi8321
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Script to label a disk

Hi Guys, Do you have any script to label a disk automatically. It is part of my script but I am not able to find solution to label this inside script without user intervention. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant2507198
2 Replies

8. Hardware

Unrecognized disk label on my external HD

Hi everyone, I have an external hard drive and I accidentally deleted the partition table. Can I restore my files? If I try to run the f-disk command this is what it says Disk /dev/sda: 320.1 GB, 320072933376 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 38913 cylinders, total 625142448 sectors Units =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sampa
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Expert Recovery Shell - Fatal Error: Unrecognized disk layout

I have a B.11.31 U ia64 system where I swremove the disk driver "SerialSCSI-00 B.11.31.1303 PCI-X/PCI-E SerialSCSI" (by mistake). afterwards the system won;t boot because of the missing disk drivers. I'm trying to recover my kernel by using the image HP-ux_11_31_disc_1.iso Run an Expert... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: black_fender
1 Replies

10. SCO

Unsuccessful install due to unrecognized disk issue

Dear Community! i try to instaled the sco 6 in hp proliant ML350g8 but unsucces, the trouble when i do instaled it undetected hardisk please help me :(:o (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnr
7 Replies
mkqdisk(8)						      Quorum Disk Management							mkqdisk(8)

NAME
mkqdisk - Cluster Quorum Disk Utility WARNING
Use of this command can cause the cluster to malfunction. SYNOPSIS
mkqdisk [-?|-h] | [-L] | [-f label] [-c device -l label] [-d [-d ...]] DESCRIPTION
The mkqdisk command is used to create a new quorum disk or display existing quorum disks accessible from a given cluster node. OPTIONS
-c device -l label Initialize a new cluster quorum disk. This will destroy all data on the given device. If a cluster is currently using that device as a quorum disk, the entire cluster will malfunction. Do not run this on an active cluster when qdiskd is running. Only one device on the SAN should ever have the given label; using multiple different devices is currently not supported (it is expected a RAID array is used for quorum disk redundancy). The label can be any textual string up to 127 characters - and is therefore enough space to hold a UUID created with uuidgen(1). -f label Find the cluster quorum disk with the given label and display information about it. -L Display information on all accessible cluster quorum disks. -d Increase debugging level. Specify multiple times for more information. Currently, specifying more than twice has no effect. SEE ALSO
qdisk(5), qdiskd(8), uuidgen(1) July 2006 mkqdisk(8)