Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers problem of networking in centos Post 302470861 by fpmurphy on Thursday 11th of November 2010 09:21:56 AM
Old 11-11-2010
what version of Centos?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Networking problem ?

Hi, How to check whether a port is working properly or not ? I am getting a Error message Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed. Thanks !! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Networking with Hub, & Sol 10 Problem

Unable to Ping network nodes Currently have two Solaris 10 servers connected via a dumb Hub. I'm unable to ping either box but they can ping themselves. I have double checked physical connections and the following files; /etc/hosts - verified that all devices are listed correctly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pham
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Networking Problem

Hi all, When I tried to restart the networking daemon, it stated this error: MyServer:/etc/init.d# ./networking restart Reconfiguring network interfaces...RTNETLINK answers: Network is unreachable run-parts: /etc/network/if-up.d/route exited with return code 2 done. Please note that I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris networking problem

e1000g0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet 10.13.157.127 netmask ffffffc0 broadcast 10.135.151.191 ether 0:14:4f:a0:e3:3a e1000g1: flags=1000803<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 8 inet 10.13.157.227 netmask ffffffc0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

networking problem in virtual machine

Hi, I am running scientific linux guest on ubuntu host. The problem is that the guest machine doesn't have any ip except from the loopback. I want that the guest OS will be in the same local network of the host and not part of internal network that virtualbox create. In other words I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: programAngel
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

RedHat/Centos Disable IPv6 Networking

Guide on how to disable ipv6 for Centos and RedHat 1) Edit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and change: NETWORKING_IPV6=yes to NETWORKING_IPV6=no 2) Edit /etc/modprobe.conf and add these lines: alias net-pf-10 off alias ipv6 off 3) Stop the ipv6tables service: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zanna91
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Help with setting up Networking for XEN on CentOS 5.9

Hey guys, I've reached the point of setting up VM's on XEN but the net installations seem to be failing when I am in the netinstall on the actual VM, so this leads me to believe that the networking on the host machine is not set up correctly. I am running CentOS 5.9 along with XEN and was just... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mccabec123
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Bluetooth problem in CentOS 6

Hi , I have install centos6.3 64bit, other things are working fine.:b: I am trying to use bluetooth. It is showing bluetooth icons and options only turn on and turn off bletooth.:confused: How to enable full features of bluetooth like search, send file etc.:wall: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priy
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Problem Openvas-setup in CentOs 6.7 !

hi I installed Openvas we have the following problem internet Connection is Ok Even Reinstall the problem is not resolved Openvas Setup, Version: 0.5 Step 1: Update NVT's and SCAP data Please note this step could take some time. Once completed, NVT's and SCAP data will be updated... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problem with cluster on centos 6.5

Hallo to everyone.From sometime i have problems with my asterisk pbx on cent os which is in corosync cluster mode with resource groups.The problem is for time the cluster just swap the active one with the other and the only messages in \var\log\messages is that bond0:link status defenitly down for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: evolintend
0 Replies
ubuntu-dev-tools(5)						File Formats Manual					       ubuntu-dev-tools(5)

NAME
ubuntu-dev-tools - Configuration for the ubuntu-dev-tools package. DESCRIPTION
The ubuntu-dev-tools package is similar in scope to the devscripts(1) package, providing a collection of scripts which may be of use to Ubuntu and Debian developers or others wishing to build Debian packages. Some of these scripts have options which may be configured on a system-wide and per-user basis. These options are configured in devscripts.conf(5). All variables are described in the script's manpages. Package-wide variables begin with "UBUNTUTOOLS" and are listed below. Every script which reads the configuration files can be forced to ignore them by using the --no-conf command-line option. ENVIRONMENT
All ubuntu-dev-tools configuration variables can be set (and overridden) by setting them in the environment (unlike devscripts). In addition, several scripts use the following environment variables: UBUMAIL Overrides DEBEMAIL and DEBFULLNAME when the target is clearly Ubuntu. Can either contain an e-mail address or Full Name <email@example.org>. DEBEMAIL, DEBFULLNAME As in devscripts(1). PACKAGE-WIDE VARIABLES The currently recognised package-wide variables are: UBUNTUTOOLS_BUILDER This specifies the preferred test-builder, one of pbuilder (default), sbuild, pbuilder-dist. UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBIAN_MIRROR The preferred Debian archive mirror. Should be of the form http://ftp.debian.org/debian (no trailing slash). If not specified, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBSEC_MIRROR The preferred Debian security archive mirror. Should be of the form http://security.debian.org (no trailing slash). If not speci- fied, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_MIRROR The preferred Ubuntu archive mirror. Should be of the form http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu (no trailing slash). If not specified, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_PORTS_MIRROR The preferred Ubuntu archive mirror. Should be of the form http://ports.ubuntu.com (no trailing slash). If not specified, the mas- ter will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_LPINSTANCE The launchpad instance to communicate with. e.g. production (default) or staging. UBUNTUTOOLS_MIRROR_FALLBACK Whether or not to fall-back to the master archive mirror. This is usually the desired behaviour, as mirrors can lag the masters. If on a private network with only a local mirror, you may want to set this to no. One of yes (default) or no. UBUNTUTOOLS_UPDATE_BUILDER Whether or not to update the test-builder before each test build. One of yes or no (default). UBUNTUTOOLS_WORKDIR The directory to use for preparing source packages etc. When unset, defaults to a directory in /tmp/ named after the script. SEE ALSO
devscripts(1), devscripts.conf(5) AUTHORS
This manpage was written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. ubuntu-dev-tools December 19 2010 ubuntu-dev-tools(5)