Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Questions on File filtering
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Questions on File filtering Post 302470819 by rdcwayx on Thursday 11th of November 2010 07:24:43 AM
Old 11-11-2010
Code:
awk '{a[$1]=(a[$1]>$2)?a[$1]:$2}END{for (i in a) print i,a[i]|"sort"}' test.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent: Filtering a File

Hi all I need to write a small shell script, where we have one Log file and another File 1 containing some tags in it. My log file can have multiple tags in it which can be other than the ones that are part of File 1. So I need to write a script that will run and test whether the tags... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HItesh
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem in filtering the file

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi, Plz help me out with this. I have some requirement like this..... I have a file like this... * CS sent email (11.20) CALYPSO 1031276 9076673 CDSHY FAILED Nov 19 2007 7:28AM OASYS: Unable to find CUSTOMER... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityam
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering Log file

Hi, Iam trying to filter a log file in the below format |fffff|hhhhh|ffff|dd|mm|yy|hh|min||dd|mm|yy|hh|min the first set of |dd|mm|yy|hh|min is when the application ran the second set of |dd|mm|yy|hh|min when it ended. I will be removing the last of the months in the log file to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baanprog
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering a file

I have a list of directories looking something like; /usr/local/1/in /usr/local/1/out /usr/local/1/archive /usr/local/2/in /usr/local/2/out /usr/local/2/archive /usr/local/3/in /usr/local/3/out /usr/local/3/archive Is there a way I can filter the out and archive directories so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering the log file

Hi i have a log file like example below. I need only one field from below log all other need to be truncated from the log file. 2011-06-13 15:10:53,498 INFO ext.SP->CAL (log point 5) can any body help on this please. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mostwantedkisss
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ask]filtering file to indexing...

dear all, i have file with format like this file_master.txt 20110212|231213|rio|apri|23112|222222 20110212|312311|jaka|dino|31223|543234 20110301|343322|alfan|budi|32131|333311 ... i want filter with output like this index_nm.txt rio|apri jaka|dino ... index_years.txt 20110212... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering records from 1 file based on some manipulation doen on second file

Hi, I am looking for an awk script which should help me to meet the following requirement: File1 has records in following format INF: FAILEd RECORD AB1234 INF: FAILEd RECORD PQ1145 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB3215 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB6114 ............................ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mintu41
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering first file columns based on second file column

Hi friends, I have one file like below. (.csv type) SNo,data1,data2 1,1,2 2,2,3 3,3,2 and another file like below. Exclude data1 where Exclude should be treated as column name in file2. I want the output shown below. SNo,data2 1,2 2,3 3,2 Where my data1 column got removed from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help of filtering string from a file.

HI All, We have an Redhat Machine, And some folder with couple simple text files, this files containing a lot of lines with various strings and IP address with different classes. The Requirement in eventually , is to pass the all various IP addresses to Excel. My question is : what is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: James Stone
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with filtering records in a file

Hi, I have following records in a file more file1.txt setting applicaction ABC for user setting applicaction CDE for user setting applicaction XXX for user logging applicaction XXX for user I need to filter out records which have strings " setting... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manid
5 Replies
XcmsCCCOfColormap(3)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS					      XcmsCCCOfColormap(3)

NAME
XcmsCCCOfColormap, XcmsSetCCCOfColormap - query and modify CCC of a colormap SYNTAX
XcmsCCC XcmsCCCOfColormap(Display *display, Colormap colormap); XcmsCCC XcmsSetCCCOfColormap(Display *display, Colormap colormap, XcmsCCC ccc); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. ccc Specifies the CCC. colormap Specifies the colormap. DESCRIPTION
The XcmsCCCOfColormap function returns the CCC associated with the specified colormap. Once obtained, the CCC attributes can be queried or modified. Unless the CCC associated with the specified colormap is changed with XcmsSetCCCOfColormap, this CCC is used when the specified colormap is used as an argument to color functions. The XcmsSetCCCOfColormap function changes the CCC associated with the specified colormap. It returns the CCC previously associated with the colormap. If they are not used again in the application, CCCs should be freed by calling XcmsFreeCCC. Several colormaps may share the same CCC without restriction; this includes the CCCs generated by Xlib with each colormap. Xlib, however, creates a new CCC with each new colormap. SEE ALSO
DisplayOfCCC(3), XcmsConvertColors(3), XcmsCreateCCC(3), XcmsDefaultCCC(3), XcmsSetWhitePoint(3) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.6.0 XcmsCCCOfColormap(3)