Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming which signal will flush the file buffer in C/C++ Post 302470763 by jackliang on Thursday 11th of November 2010 04:37:28 AM
Old 11-11-2010
which signal will flush the file buffer in C/C++

which signal will flush the file buffer in C/C++?
eg. send a signal to flush all the file buffer to a file/stdout with out invoking fflush().
-INT, -TERM?
someone please help me, thanks in advance!
waiting online...

Last edited by jackliang; 11-11-2010 at 07:05 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

lp print flush

Dear frnds, i just migrated to hp_ux11i from digital unix, from my new system some printers not printing next day, what i mean is, in lpstat it shows printer is enabled but printing not happening. for that what i do u know, i just disable the lp and enable it again. then it would print. is there... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jestinabel
0 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

hdparm + HDIO_DRIVE_CMD(null) (wait for flush complete) failed: Inappropriate ioctl

Hi All, Am finding performance of my SD card using hdparm. hdparm -tT /dev/BlockDev0 /dev/BlockDev0: Timing cached reads: 1118 MB in 2.00 seconds = 558.61 MB/sec HDIO_DRIVE_CMD(null) (wait for flush complete) failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device Timing buffered disk reads: 14... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amio
0 Replies

3. Programming

Store file into a buffer to send it through a socket

Hello, I'm doing a very simple program which reads a file and sends whatever is in the file through a socket. Like the program "file2cable". Let's say i have a file containing the following, which is a hex dump of an ARP request frame: ff ff ff ff ff ff 00 1b 24 79 5a 73 08 06 00 01 08... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: semash!
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

flush the mail queue

Hi Guys, My mail queue is showing a mail. I want to flush the queue. Can you let me know how to flush the mail queue. Regards, Magesh (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
12 Replies

5. Linux

sed couldn't flush stdout no space left on device

I am running Oracle Linux enterprise server 5.0. I just installed JDE 9.0 and after I started Webserver my root directory is 100% full. Can some one help me flush stdout. I am new to linux. Sam (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: s1a2m3
5 Replies

6. Programming

Why must flush all line-buffered output streams?

Hi, Mentioned in Stevens & Rago "Advanced Programming in the UNIX" I don't understand why must flush all line-buffered output streams when (a)an unbuffered or (b)a line-buffered stream require data from kernel? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Edward114
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check the buffer size of a file?

I have a c program and I want to know what command to use to display the current buffer size of the file using Terminal in Unix? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Izzy123
0 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

DNS flush is not working

I have a Linux machine and it seems DNS cache is not getting clear on it. It is still showing old values, even after changing in DNS server by Network team. I did /etc/init.d/nscd restart But still it is showing old values on this server. On my rest of servers in environment, nslookup is showing... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to flush specific domain in SunOS 5 DNS

Hello to all, May you help saying me how to flush a specific domain in Linux SunOS5 I know the command rndc is to flush DNS cache, but I would like to know: 1- How to do a flush only on specific domain 2- How to see the content of DNS Resolver cache (similar to info given by IPCONFIG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
2 Replies
aoe-flush(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      aoe-flush(8)

NAME
aoe-flush - flush the down devices out of the aoe driver SYNOPSIS
aoe-flush [-a] aoe-flush dev1 [dev2 ...] DESCRIPTION
The aoe-flush command tells the aoe driver to remove devices from the system and forget about them. Normally the aoe driver will remember all devices it has seen until the module is unloaded. By default, aoe-flush will only flush downed devices. With the -a flag all devices are candidates for removal. aoe-flush will not remove devices that are in use. This includes devices in the closewait state or those in the process of being installed. By specifying a series of specific aoe devices, e.g., e7.0 e3.2, it is possible to ask the aoe driver to forget these devices. This fea- ture may be convenient after a temporary AoE target is no longer being used. OPTIONS
-a The -a option tells the aoe driver to forget all unused devices. EXAMPLE
nai# aoe-stat | grep e12.0 e12.0 0.000GB eth1 down nai# aoe-flush nai# aoe-stat | grep e12.0 BUGS
Flushed devices may reappear when they are discovered by the periodic discovery beacon. aoe-discover may be used to force this behaviour. SEE ALSO
aoe-stat(8), aoe-discover(8), aoetools(8). AUTHOR
Sam Hopkins (sah@coraid.com) aoe-flush(8)