Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read the contents of a file and store them in a variable Post 302470287 by svajhala on Tuesday 9th of November 2010 04:26:54 PM
Old 11-09-2010
Thanks Anurag and Franklin for your quick response. I tried Franklin's approach, its working.

Last edited by svajhala; 11-09-2010 at 05:38 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to read each letter from file and store it in variable.

Dear friends, i am writing csh script i have one dat file containing following data.like this. 08FD3 03A26 000FA0 FFFF0 BBA0F 00000 00000 from the above file i want to read each letter and store it in one variable. how it is possible. please help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read and store each line of a file to a variable

Hi all, I'm quite new to unix and hope that someone can help me on this. I'm using csh. Below is what i intend to do. 1. I stored some data in a file. 2. I intend to read the file line by line and store each line of data into a variable, so that i can used it later. Anyone have any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seijihiko
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read a file and store each value in a variable

Hi, How to read a file and put the values in a script. E.g. file1.txt 02/12/2009;t1;t2 The script should read this file and put these values in 3 different variables x1,x2,x3 which can be used further. Thanks Ashu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

read xml tag attribute and store it in variable

Hi, How to read xml tag attributes and store into variable in shell script? Thanks, Swetha (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: swetha123
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read contents of a file with serveral lines & assign it to a variable

Hi All I have a file for ex .log file which contain several lines within it. I have to read that file contents & assing that to a variable. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyam.sumit
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read contents of a file into variable :(

My file is in this format : username : student information : default shell : student ID Eg : joeb:Joe Bennett:/bin/csh:1234 jerryd:Jerry Daniels:/bin/csh:2345 deaverm: Deaver Michelle:/bin/bash:4356 joseyg:Josey Guerra:/bin/bash:8767 michaelh:Michael Hall:/bin/ksh:1547 I have to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dude_me5
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to read contents of a file into variable :(

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have to read the contents of each field of a file creating user accounts. The file will be of format : ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dude_me5
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a file line by line and store it in a variable to execute a program ?

Hello, I am quite new in shell scripting and I would like to write a little scritp to run a program on some parameters files. all my parameters files are in the same directory, so pick them up with ls *.para >>dirafter that I have a dir file like that: param1.para param2.para etc... I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadok
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder contents getting appended as strings while redirecting file contents to a variable

Hi one of the output of the command is as below # sed -n "/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/,/---------/{/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/d;/---------/d;p;}" Automation.OutputZ$zoneCounter | sed 's/$/<br>/' Resource List : <br> *************************** 1. row ***************************<br> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a value from a file and store in a variable?

Hi, I have a file service.xml which has following content: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Service Ver="2.31.13"/> I want to read the value of Ver (that is 2.31.13) and assign to a variable which i further use. Please help me in that. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmikant15
3 Replies
NDB_CPCD(1)						       MySQL Database System						       NDB_CPCD(1)

NAME
ndb_cpcd - automate testing of NDB (development use only) SYNOPSIS
ndb_cpcd options DESCRIPTION
A utility having this name was formerly part of an internal automated test framework used in testing and debugging MySQL Cluster. It was deprecated in MySQL Cluster NDB 7.0, and removed from MySQL Cluster distributions provided by Oracle beginning with MySQL Cluster NDB 7.2.1. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.5 01/30/2014 NDB_CPCD(1)