Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting change date format from yyyy/mm/dd to dd/mm/yyyy Post 302470164 by keyboarder on Tuesday 9th of November 2010 11:05:15 AM
Old 11-09-2010
sh... where is that jpg now, which I attached and uploaded ? I tried again to upload, but it says: "You have already attached this file in thread..."

---------- Post updated at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:57 PM ----------

I renamed the jpeg and tried again to upload --> same message "You have already attached this file in thread " ! ?? Anyway...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Date from dd-mmm-yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy

I want to change a date from format dd-mmm-yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy. Is there a way to do this with sed or do you have to write a case statement to convert JAN to 01? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringzz
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting the date field from dd/mm/yyyy to yyyy/mm/dd

How to convert the date field from dd/mm/yyyy to yyyy/mm/dd in unix my script will generate text file which have two fields one is date and another is name of the server for example this is sample date which I have to sort based on older to newer date the problem is when I found out sort will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format date from MM/DD/YYYY to YYYYMMDD

I have a file with some date columns in MM/DD/YYYY format: SMPBR|DUP-DO NOT USE|NEW YORK||16105|BA5270715|6/6/2007 |MWERNER|109||||JOHN||SMITH|MD|72211118||||||74559|21 WILMINGTON RD||D|11/6/2003|SL# MD CONTACT-LIZ RICHARDS|||0|Y|N||1411458| And I want to convert the date format to: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting date DD MM YYYY to DD MON YYYY

Hello, I am writing a script that parses different logs and produces one. In the source files, the date is in DD MM YYYY HH24:MI:SS format. In the output, it should be in DD MON YYY HH24:MI:SS (ie 25 Jan 2010 16:10:10) To extract the dates, I am using shell substrings, i.e.: read line ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adamm
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need date in the format [mm dd yyyy hh AM/PM]

could you please help be on the below code .. Requirement is when i pass the parameter(for below 2) i should get current time -2 hours in the format :wall:.. cur_dt=`$ICEBIN/sqsh -S$DSQUERY -U $BATCHID -P $PASSWD -h -C"select getdate()" | sed '2d'` pr_dt="`$ICEBIN/sqsh -S$DSQUERY -U $BATCHID... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthicss
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need code for date which is in yyyy-mm-dd format

Hi, I am having one log files. contains som data according to date. And it is going to append .Eg:abc.log contains below data 2011-10-19 abjhgj 2011-10-19 gjhgjgj 2011-10-20 hhhjh 2011-10-20 hhhhjj 2011-10-21 gg . . . 2011-11-24 yyy from log files i want catch only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Epoch date to YYYY/MM/DD or MM/DD/YYYY

I've seen a lot of posts on this and have tried the following: echo 1257000000| perl -e '($d,$m,$y)=(localtime(time-86400));$m+=1;$y+=1900;printf "$y/$m/$d\n";' But I am unable to convert a past Epoch date into a format such as YYYY/MM/DD or MM/DD/YYYY. I am using bash and don't know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Format MM/DD/YYYY

I am changing epoch times to dates. I was able to do the following: echo "$varx" | gawk '{print strftime("%c", $0)}' Mon Dec 31 16:26:40 2012 This changes the epoch date (which is what varx is) into localtime. However, my problem is that I only want 12/31/2012 and not the Mon Dec 31... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format YYYY/MM/DD to DD/MM/YYYY

I am getting output of YYYY-MM-DD and want to change this to DD/MM/YYYY. When am running the query in 'Todd' to_date(column_name,'DD/MM/YYYY') am getting the required o/p of DD/MM/YYYY, But when am executing the same query(Netezza) in linux server(bash) am getting the output of YYYY-MM-DD file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
3 Replies

10. Programming

Date format change from mm/dd/yyyy to yyyymmdd in comma seperate line in perl

Hi All, I have line ,A,FDRM0002,12/21/2017,,0.961751583,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it contains date in mm/dd/yyyy format i want to change this to yyyymmdd format using perl. Use code tags, thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal0746
8 Replies
pthread_nsg_detach(3)					     Library Functions Manual					     pthread_nsg_detach(3)

NAME
pthread_nsg_detach - Detaches a thread from a NUMA Scheduling Group (libpthread library) SYNOPSIS
#include <numa.h> int pthread_nsg_detach( pthread_t thread ); PARAMETERS
Identifies the thread to detach from a NUMA Scheduling Group (NSG). DESCRIPTION
The pthread_nsg_detach() function detaches the thread specified by the thread argument from the NSG to which it is attached. The function does not reassign the thread to a new NSG. RETURN VALUES
Success. Failure. In this case, the integer value indicates the type of error. Possible errors include the following: Based on the NSG's permissions, the caller does not have execute permission, which is required to detach a thread. The specified thread is hard attached (RAD_INSIST) to a RAD or has memory wired (locked) on its current RAD such that it cannot be migrated to a common RAD selected for the NSG. The value of the flags argument is invalid. NSG_INSIST and NSG_MIGRATE were specified and no RAD can be found with sufficient memory to accommodate the resulting NSG. The thread argument specifies a thread that does not exist. ERRORS
None. SEE ALSO
Functions: nsg_attach_pid(3), nsg_get(3), numa_intro(3) Files: numa_types(4) pthread_nsg_detach(3)