Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ask for Version of Script on Server w/o download Post 302470082 by al0x on Tuesday 9th of November 2010 06:27:41 AM
Old 11-09-2010
Power Ask for Version of Script on Server w/o download

Hello!

I'm sorry if my question is kind of a noob question, but I'm searching for a way to "ask" a Server for the Version of a File. The problem is I have several clients asking every hour or so for the newest version of the file, so if I'm just downloading a md5sum or so I'm getting a lot of Traffic... Is there a possibility to get something (w/o downloading a file) from the server to determine the version? Like the Server passes a variable or a string to the client.

Thanks for replys and sorry for my bad english! Smilie

ps: I'm sorry if the question is answered by googling, but I couldn't find anything, mostly because I don't really know what to search for ^^'

Last edited by al0x; 11-09-2010 at 07:36 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How do i download java 1.3 on linux(kinda have this old version)

i wish to run java files on inux but while downloading it into linux there is no problem but when i r try to execute a java file it says javac not found. help pleas (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
5 Replies

2. AIX

Where can I download a trial version of AIX?

hi how r? , where can I download a trial version of AIX , I know this is a very IMB verions but there some demo saludos (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cejodrake
2 Replies

3. Hardware

I need help to download firmware fo HMC from version 7.3.4 to vervion 7.3.5

All, I need to upgrade my HMC from version 7.3.4 to vervion 7.3.5. The HMC has a Machine type of 7310-CR2 Xseries 335 . Where could I download the firmware for such hardware (HMC Machine type of 7310-CR2 Xseries 335 )? Please answer because I need to upgrade that HMC the HMC to bring to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesifra
3 Replies

4. AIX

How to run a script automatically when AIX version 7 server reboots?

Am new to AIX please help me. I have AIX7 server. When ever the system reboots my script need to run automatically. This will help me to start my application automatically after the server reboot. Thanks, Prince Wells (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

curl script to download files from Secured HTTPS server?

curl -# -v -d "sendusername=myname&password=mypassword&wheretogo=download.php" -L -o test.zip http://www.ims-dm.com/cgi/securedownload.php?p=HIREFTPM\&prodtype=hire/test.zip * About to connect() to www.ims-dm.com port 80 * Trying 209.61.193.139... connected * Connected to www.ims-dm.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laknar
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Download latest Ubuntu version from linux command

I have ubuntu 10.4 on my system and want to download newer Ubuntu version like 11.04. Is there any linux command(something like apt-get source used for downloading kernel source) using which I can download directly the newer ubuntu relaease? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for download file with version

Hi, Need Shell script to download the file with version or date from internet Filename will be as Eg:File-2.3.1.zip Filename will keep on changing for every 4months as File-2.3.2 or File 2.4 Thanks, Anil (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anil2312
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Need OS version for download

Dear all, We have bought solaries server. During installation of latest solaries, we are having some trouble. One of my old friend suggested that sol-10-u3-ga-sparc might be the solution for those trouble. I've search oracle web but they have removed this old version of update. The torrent has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahnan
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download latest file via ftp server unix through shell script

Hello this is my first post in this forum , I dont want to be unhappy.. I am writing one script but facing difficulty to find the latest file with some new pattern My requirement is 1. The file is coming like "ABCD-23220140303" at FTP server once in a week. 2. script will run on daily... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajju
3 Replies

10. Fedora

How to download latest version of cmake using tar xzf?

...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry burns
3 Replies
ARITHMETIC(6)							 BSD Games Manual						     ARITHMETIC(6)

NAME
arithmetic -- quiz on simple arithmetic SYNOPSIS
arithmetic [-o +-x/] [-r range] DESCRIPTION
arithmetic asks you to solve problems in simple arithmetic. Each question must be answered correctly before going on to the next. After every 20 problems, it prints the score so far and the time taken. You can quit at any time by typing the interrupt or end-of-file character. The options are as follows: -o By default, arithmetic asks questions on addition of numbers from 0 to 10, and corresponding subtraction. By supplying one or more of the characters +-x/, you can ask for problems in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, respectively. If you give one of these characters more than once, that kind of problem will be asked correspondingly more often. -r If a range is supplied, arithmetic selects the numbers in its problems in the following way. For addition and multiplication, the numbers to be added or multiplied are between 0 and range, inclusive. For subtraction and division, both the required result and the number to divide by or subtract will be between 0 and range. (Of course, arithmetic will not ask you to divide by 0.) The default range is 10. When you get a problem wrong, arithmetic will remember the numbers involved, and will tend to select those numbers more often than others, in problems of the same sort. Eventually it will forgive and forget. arithmetic cannot be persuaded to tell you the right answer. You must work it out for yourself. DIAGNOSTICS
``What?'' if you get a question wrong. ``Right!'' if you get it right. ``Please type a number.'' if arithmetic doesn't understand what you typed. SEE ALSO
bc(1), dc(1) BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD