Visit Our UNIX and Linux User Community

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple file rename (change in filename in unix with single command Post 302469791 by pravin27 on Monday 8th of November 2010 06:51:21 AM
Old 11-08-2010
try this,

Code:
ls PMC1*.arc | while read k; do cp $k `echo $k |sed 's/\(.*\)1_\(.*\).arc/\1_\2\.arc/g'` && rm $k; done

Test Your Knowledge in Computers #52
Difficulty: Easy
A magnetic disc array is an example of offline storage.
True or False?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with multiple file rename - change case of part of file name

Hi there, I hope someone can help me with this problem : I have a directory (/var/www/file/imgprofil) which contains about 10000 JPG files. They have a naming convention thus : prefix-date-key-suffix.jpg they all have the prefix p-20050608- then AAAA is a 4 letter code the suffix is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve7
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change multiple filename formats with WHILE

Hi All, I'm trying to run a simple shell program to change all the files named *.cvs to *.txt. I am trying to use WHILE and this is what I have so far: This changes the first file from *.cvs to *.txt, but it is not cycling through the other files. My suspicion is that I don't have the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScKaSx
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to rename multiple files with a single command

Hi I have following list of files at a path: 01.AR.asset 01.AR.index 01.AR.asset.vf 01.AR.asset.xv I want to rename all these files as follows: 73.AR.asset.Z 73.AR.index.Z 73.AR.asset.vf.Z 73.AR.asset.xv.Z Can any body give me a single command to acheive the above results. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mv command to rename multiple files that retain some portion of the original file nam

Well the title is not too good, so I will explain. I need to move (rename) files using a simple AIX script. ???file1.txt ???file2.txt ???file1a.txt ???file2a.txt to be: ???renamedfile1'date'.txt ???renamedfile2'date'.txt ???renamedfile1a'date'.txt ???renamedfile2a'date'.txt ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grimace15
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename multiple filename.45267.txt to >> filename.txt

i have several thousand files and in subdirs that are named file.46634.txt budget.75346.pdf etc i want to remove the number but retain the extension. it is always a 5 digit. thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jason7
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Command to rename a file in a zipped folder

Hi, I am into automation work. Is there any UNIX command to rename a file in a zipped folder, without unzipping it..??? Thanks in advance.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Victoria.Sam
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep multiple strings in multiple files using single command

Hi, I will use below command for grep single string ("osuser" is search string) ex: find . -type f | xarg grep -il osuser but i have one more string "v$session" here i want to grep in which file these two strings are present. any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance. Gagan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore single or multiple lines between /* and */ while reading from a file in unix?

I have a file proc.txt: if @debug = 1 then message 'Start Processing ', @procname, dateformat(now(*), 'hh:mm:ss'), @julian type info to client; end if; /* execute immediate with quotes 'insert into sys_suppdata (property, value, key_name) location ''' || @supp_server || '.' ||... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kidncute
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filename rename with characters of file

Hi, I need a bit of help. I've used awk to get the first 7 characters of a file - awk '{print substr($0,0,7)}' test.csv How do I now take this variable to rename test.csv to variable.csv ? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sianm
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command

I am trying to do the following task : export ENV=aaa export ENV_PATH=$(cd /apps | ls | grep $ENV) However, it's not working. What's the way to change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
2 Replies
XFillArc()																XFillArc()

Name
  XFillArc - fill an arc.

Synopsis
  XFillArc(display, drawable, gc,  x, y, width, height, angle1, angle2)
	Display *display;
	Drawable drawable;
	GC gc;
	int x, y;
	unsigned int width, height;
	int angle1, angle2;

Arguments
  display   Specifies a connection to an X server; returned from XOpenDisplay().

drawable  Specifies the drawable.

gc	    Specifies the graphics context.

x	    Specify  the  x  and y coordinates of the upper-left corner of the bounding box containing the arc, relative to the origin of the
  y	    drawable.

width     Specify the width and height in pixels.  These are the major and minor axes of the arc.
  height
  angle1    Specifies the start of the arc relative to the three-o'clock position from the center.  Angles are specified in 64ths of degrees.

angle2    Specifies the path and extent of the arc relative to the start of the arc.	Angles are specified in 64ths of degrees.

Description
  XFillArc() draws a filled arc.  The x, y, width, and height arguments specify the bounding  box  for	the  arc.   See  XDrawArc()  for  the
  description  of  how this bounding box is used to compute the arc.  Some, but not all, of the pixels drawn with XDrawArc() will be drawn by
  XFillArc() with the same arguments.  See XFillRectangle() for an example of the differences in pixels drawn by the draw and fill routines.

The arc forms one boundary of the area to be filled.	The other boundary is determined by the arc_mode in the GC.  If the arc_mode  in  the
  GC  is  ArcChord, the single line segment joining the endpoints of the arc is used.  If ArcPieSlice, the two line segments joining the end-
  points of the arc with the center point are used.

XFillArc() uses these graphics context components:  function, plane_mask, fill_style, arc_mode, subwindow_mode, clip_x_origin,  clip_y_ori-
  gin,	and  clip_mask.   This	function  also uses these graphics context mode-dependent components:  foreground, background, tile, stipple,
  ts_x_origin,								 and								ts_y_
  origin.

For more information, see Volume One, Chapter 6, Drawing Graphics and Text, and Chapter 5, The Graphics Context.

Errors
  BadDrawable
  BadGC
  BadMatch

See Also
  XClearArea(),  XClearWindow(),  XCopyArea(), XCopyPlane(), XDraw, XDrawArc(), XDrawArcs(), XDrawFilled(), XDrawLine(), XDrawLines(), XDraw-
  Point(), XDrawPoints(), XDrawRectangle(), XDrawRectangles(), XDrawSegments(), XFillArcs(), XFillPolygon(),  XFillRectangle(),  XFillRectan-
  gles().

Xlib - Drawing Primitives														XFillArc()

Featured Tech Videos