Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Interesting challenge getting SSH from outside to my VMWare guest Post 302469203 by pludi on Friday 5th of November 2010 02:30:21 AM
Old 11-05-2010
I thought it would be something like that. Glad you found the problem and learned something new.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

unable to connect to solaris guest in vmware

hi All, I require your help and suggestion in this. I have a solaris 10 (guest) installed on a vmware and my host OS is windows 2003 server. i am trying to conenct to the solaris 10 from my local Pc through putty, but unable to connect. please advice what setup or prerequitsites are required to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bathija
4 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Cmd to start guest in VMware server 2.0

Is there any command in VMware Server 2.0 to poweron/start the guests like we have vmware-cmd ESX server 3.5 .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

ssh connection keep disconected , how to find way? in CentOs vmware

Hello i have CentOS installed on vmware , few days ago every thing was working fine. today every time im connect with putty to the CentOs server after few minutes it disconnect me , how can i find what is the reason ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VMware Solaris Guest - How do I boot from CD?

Hello, I have a Solaris 10 x86 VM and I am trying to access the Solaris install menu. I have the ISO set to connect on startup, and I can see that it is mounted in my system. But when I power on the VM, the GRUB menu comes up and I only have the option of booting Solaris. Also I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

[Solved] Ssh and scp between two vmware Ubuntu

Hello, Please, I would like to connect a VM to another: I typed as follows: ssh root@192.168.1.4 root@192.168.1.4 's password: Permission denied, please try again. root@192.168.1.4 's password: Permission denied, please try again. root@192.168.1.4 's password: Permission denied... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interesting awk/Perl/sed parsing challenge

I have a log with entries like: out/target/product/imx53_smd/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libwebcore_intermediates/Source/WebCore/bindings/V8HTMLVideoElement.cpp : target thumb C++: libwebcore <=... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris x86 guest in vmware workstation

I swear I have no other devices on the vmnet 192.168.142.2, but after I configured one of the solaris x86 os, I kept getting warning ..node xx xxxxx have our ip addresss 192.168.142.2, and it scrolled thru it forever .. I tried to boot it into single user mode , still having the same issue.. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Anyone like a challenge?

I have searched through google, and this forum to try and find the answer, but alas, nothing quite hits the whole answer. I am trying to read the last line (or lines) of some log files. I do this often. The files are named sequentially, using the date as part of the file name, and appending... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: BatterBits
18 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure network connectivity as guest O.S under vmware

Hi! I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question. What I did was to download vmware onto my laptop, them install a linux distro as a guest O.S., on VM network configuration I have used "bridge", them I used Virtual Network Editor to chose the network interface, but as I write... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies
ABRT-DUMP-OOPS(1)						    ABRT Manual 						 ABRT-DUMP-OOPS(1)

NAME
abrt-dump-oops - Extract oops from FILE (or standard input) SYNOPSIS
abrt-dump-oops [-vusoxtm] [-d DIR]/[-D] [FILE] DESCRIPTION
This tool creates problem directory from, updates problem directory with or prints oops extracted from FILE or standard input. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Be more verbose. Can be given multiple times. -s Log to syslog -o Print found oopses on standard output -d DIR Create new problem directory in DIR for every oops found -D Same as -d DumpLocation, DumpLocation is specified in abrt.conf -u PROBLEM Save the extracted information in PROBLEM directory -x Make the problem directory world readable. Usable only with -d/-D -t Throttle problem directory creation to 1 per second -m Print search string(s) for abrt-watch-log to stdout and exit SEE ALSO
abrt-watch-log(1), abrt.conf(5) AUTHORS
o ABRT team abrt 2.1.11 06/18/2014 ABRT-DUMP-OOPS(1)