Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Stop load script if error found... Post 302468995 by msrahman on Thursday 4th of November 2010 11:17:08 AM
Old 11-04-2010
Is there any option that we can send the script as attachment (if the scipt is too big to be copy/paste).

---------- Post updated at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:14 AM ----------

Hey,
Thanks methyl for making this work.
I can even send the whole script that i am struggling with, if we have the option to attach the script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newb scripting question, I get the error script not found

This is probably a really simple problem, but goes easy on me I'm still a newb. The problem I have is that a script (we'll call it script.script) I edited won't run for some reason, I get the error "ksh: script.script: not found" The location of my script is as follows: /home/users/arkitech ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arkitech
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installer script -- function not found error

I am writing an installation script on AIX. This involves typical checks of some pre requisites like java, oracle, some version checks, disk space etc. It is a long script. I am facing a strange problem. There are a no of functions used in the script. What I see is that the installer complains of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in wrting Load Script for a Load-Resume type of load.

hi all need your help. I am wrting a script that will load data into the table. then on another load will append the data into the existing table. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell stop process after found value in file

hi guys can somebody help me here... i've a file that contains total of ip that connects to my server and their ip like this : 80 80 xxx.xxx.xx.xxx 75 75 xxx.xxx.xx.xxx 73 73 xxx.xxx.xx.xxx where first columns and second were the total connections... ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kriezo
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run error ksh: not found

Hi All, I am trying to run a script to FTP files from one UNIX server to another UNIX server. Actually I can able to FTP file successfully by manually or paste whole script at prompt. But when I am trying to run script it is giving error. Please let me know the cause. #!/bin/sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nz80qy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting the error 'not found' while executing the script

Hi, I am not able to figure out what the problem is: getting the following error sqltst.sh: 1: not found here is the script #!/bin/sh . /home/dev1/.profile . /home/dev1/.infenv `sqlplus -s $REPDB_LOGON << EOF SET SERVEROUT ON SET FEEDBACK OFF SET HEADING OFF SET TRIMSPOOL... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

+: not found Error in shell script

Hi , I am a newbie to shell scripting. I am getting the error on AIX machine /tadfdc_setup_fed.sh: +: not found Here tadfdc_setup_fed.sh is script which works fine on Linux Machine. But gives error on AIX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anupam Kakade
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell script error: not found

Hello All, I'm working on one Unix shell sript that will actually extract a column data from Oracle table using sqlplus and writes onto a file. I'm getting this error when executing the shell script: rpt.ksh: ^JScott: not found Below is the code in the shell script: `sqlplus -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkat_reddy
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Stop script execution, when we encounter error

Team, Im new to shell scripting please help in below issue: Considering scenario i have 1.sql,2.sql,3.sql and 4.sql . If my second script fails my loop should come out and should not execute 3.sql and 4.sql. Here is my code. #! /bin/bash echo "exit" | user/password | grep Connected >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethi87
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to stop a shell script if it encounters a error?

I am writing a bash shell script for GarazLab's "WP EMAIL CRAWLER - AUTO SCRAPER & REAL TIME EXTRACTOR". it contains some commands. I want to stop the shell execution as soon as it encounters an error. how to do it? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahsin352
8 Replies