Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun 280R unable to boot
Special Forums Hardware Sun 280R unable to boot Post 302468588 by hergp on Wednesday 3rd of November 2010 08:32:28 AM
Old 11-03-2010
What happens, if you try to enter boot at the ok-prompt?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

LaCie Big Disk configuration on SUN 280R

hi , i am trying to configure LaCie Big Disk on solaris 9 running on a 280R server . i am trying to use the USB prot to connect to the external disk . please i need help on this as i have no clue on how and from where to start . thanks for ur help . cheers (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
0 Replies

2. Solaris

unable to boot from disk1

I had installed solaris 10 on 440 on disk 0. I had done ufsrestore on disk1 from tape and then rebooted Rebooting with command: boot disk1 Boot device: /pci@1f,700000/scsi@2/disk@1,0 File and args: SunOS Release 5.10 Version Generic_118833-24 64-bit Copyright 1983-2006 Sun Microsystems,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr76413
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Fire 280R

Hello all, I'm lost and can't figure this problem out. I have a Sun fire 280R running Solaris 8. Everything was working great. I have one drive in bay 1(not 0). But when I reboot the system it trys to open files in /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s0. Should it have been opeing /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryase
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun 280r serial number

is there a command i can run at the ksh that will give me the serial number on solaris? solaris 8, and 9 280r servers (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
16 Replies

5. Solaris

Install SUN O/S 5.9 on Sparc Sunfire 280R

Hi, I' trying to install O/S 5.9 on Sparc system Sunfire 280R. I downloaded CD install and CD 2 from Sun Website but later i dowloaded CD 2 that i forgot for my installation. All CD are in ISO formats. I boot system at OK prompt then issue OK boot cdrom when it asks for CD 1, i removed... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

7. Solaris

disks - Sun Enterprise 220R and SF 280R

Hi, I have SE 220R with 2 disks mirrored using SVM and running OS - solaris 9. Because of performance issues on 220R I'd like to move the OS/application data to SF 280R. Having found that SF280R will only support Fiber channel disks, I am now wondering how to move complete data from SCSI... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
3 Replies

8. Hardware

Updating OBP on a Sun Sunfire 280R

Hi, I'm a newbie in the Unix world... :confused: I own a Sun Sunfire 280R computer with one 750Mhz CPU. I ordered two CPU of 900Mhz to replace it; however in the Service manual from Sun I read that to use 900Mhz CPU i will need to have a OBP of at least version 4.5.16. When I type .version in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monkey114
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to boot Fedora 10

Hello, I have a test PC running Fedora 10. Friday evening it was working fine, I have some perl scripts which are scheduled to run every morning. But when I started work this morning, I found I cannot ping the machine. When I switched on the monitor, I saw the GRUB promt :(. I am not sure... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SivaramaRaju
10 Replies

10. Red Hat

Unable to boot up after P2V

Hi, I just P2V an old machine running Redhat 5.5 on a physical server. After P2V was completed, when boot up it got an error. Please refer to the attachment for the error. Please assist. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freshmeat
2 Replies
SECURENET(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      SECURENET(8)

NAME
securenet - Digital Pathways SecureNet Key remote authentication box DESCRIPTION
The SecureNet box is used to authenticate connections to Plan 9 from a foreign system such as a Unix machine or plain terminal. The box, which looks like a calculator, performs DES encryption with a key held in its memory. Another copy of the key is kept on the authentica- tion server. Each box is protected from unauthorized use by a four digit PIN. When the system requires SecureNet authentication, it prompts with a numerical challenge. The response is compared to one generated with the key stored on the authentication server. Respond as follows: Turn on the box and enter your PIN at the EP prompt, followed by the ENT button. Enter the challenge at Ed prompt, again followed ENT. Then type to Plan 9 the response generated by the box. If you make a mistake at any time, reset the box by pressing ON. The authentica- tion server compares the response generated by the box to one computed internally. If they match, the user is accepted. The box will lose its memory if given the wrong PIN five times in succession or if its batteries are removed. To reprogram it, type a 4 at the E0 prompt. At the E1 prompt, enter your key, which consists of eight three-digit octal numbers. While you are entering these digits, the box displays a number ranging from 1 to 8 on the left side of the display. This number corresponds to the octal number you are entering, and changes when you enter the first digit of the next number. When you are done entering your key, press ENT twice. At the E2 prompt, enter a PIN for the box. After you confirm by retyping the PIN at the E3 prompt, you can use the box as normal. You can change the PIN using the following procedure. First, turn on the box and enter your current PIN at the EP prompt. Press ENT three times; this will return you to the EP prompt. Enter your PIN again, followed by ENT; you should see a Ed prompt with a - on the right side of the display. Enter a 0 and press ENT. You should see the E2 prompt; follow the instructions above for entering a PIN. The SecureNet box performs the same encryption as the netcrypt routine (see encrypt(2)). The entered challenge, a decimal number between 0 and 100000, is treated as a text string with trailing binary zero fill to 8 bytes. These 8 bytes are encrypted with the DES algorithm. The first four bytes are printed on the display as hexadecimal numbers. However, when set up as described, the box does not print hexadec- imal digits greater than 9. Instead, it prints a 2 for an A, B, or C, and a 3 for a D, E, or F. If a 5 rather than a 4 is entered at the E0 print, the hexadecimal digits are printed. This is not recommended, as letters are too easily confused with digits on the SecureNet display. SEE ALSO
encrypt(2), auth(2) Digital Pathways, Mountain View, California BUGS
The box is too clumsy. If carried in a pocket, it can turn itself on and wear out the batteries. SECURENET(8)