Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ssh to remote machine with 2nd user and password Post 302467795 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 31st of October 2010 10:26:37 AM
Old 10-31-2010
some options:

ssh actively prevents that. If the originating process is a script (a job without a controlling terminal), then you can use the -b [batchscriptfile] option and have a password in it.

You can also use expect.

You can also put YOUR public key in the .ssh directory for the other user on the second remote box. This public key has to be one generated by you on the first remote box, placed on the second, not the key from the very first machine (where you started this whole mess from).

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 10-31-2010 at 11:31 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

executng program on remote machine using ssh

I am trying to search and remove files from a list of servers. I want to find every occurence of this file on each machine and then remove it. If I execute the find command on the remote machine I would like to be able to pipe the output to xargs and remove the file. Does anyone know hat would be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sewood
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

without password to login into remote machine- in the script ??

HI, I need to write a script .. when I run this script , will directly goto that remote machine without asking password.. Once it is entered, I needs to transfer some of the log files... how can I proceed ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hegdeshashi
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SSH] Need to connect to remote server as different user and without password

I have a task requiring that USER_A run a script, which connects to HOST_B as USER_B and does not ask for a password. If I am logged in on HOST_A as USER_B, I can connect to HOST_B without a password, no problem. However, if I try running ssh with the command line "ssh USER_B@HOST_B" while... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Totengraber
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh connection from remote machine in solaris

Hi! I have two solaris 10 machines(say 10.1.1.1,10.1.1.2). i have installed rsync on 10.1.1.2, 10.1.1.1::: Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.10 Generic January 2005 -bash-3.00$ ssh 10.1.1.2 "echo $PATH" Password:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dddkiran
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password change logic for remote machine using shell and expect

Day before yesterday,I got the success creating a shell script using expect tool and now it is running successfully on the server. Now I want to make some changes in paswwordchanger.sh as you can see it can handle only one user i.e dbaguest and not other user.So I am thinking the logic how I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish_1678
0 Replies

6. Solaris

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/usr password

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/user password with rlogin we can ujse .rhosts file but with ssh howits possible plz guide (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot create variables via ssh on remote machine

Hello to all Background info: Local machine : Linux, /bin/bash Remote machine (for the user used for ssh) : SunOs, /bin/ksh (so we have different OS, different Shells) My problem : From the local host i execute $ var=bla $ result=$(ssh -q user@remote-machine " > echo \"this is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
12 Replies

8. Red Hat

iptables applied in local machine, can't ssh remote machine after chain changed to DROP

I want to SSH to 192.168.1.15 Server from my machine, my ip was 192.168.1.99 Source Destination was UP, with IP 192.168.1.15. This is LAN Network there are 30 Machine's Connected to the network and working fine, I'm Playing around the local machine's because I need to apply the same rules in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

9. Linux

Executing a script in remote machine through ssh

How to execute a script in remote machine through ssh I have a script test.sh which does some backup activity in remote machine. Wanted to keep backup also in remote machine. ssh -l username <remote machine> "commands to be exceuted as ; separted" but how to put the script in the place of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanvel
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input to while loop in remote machine using ssh

Hello I am writing a script in a local machine, i am using ssh, here i am not able to using back ticks & input file to while loop. here is my script ssh -q server1 a=`ps -ef | grep ccms | awk {print $1}` b=`ps -ef | grep mss | awk {print $1}` # above lines are not working, so i redirected... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanz143
12 Replies
CD-HIT-2D-PARA.PL(1)						   User Commands					      CD-HIT-2D-PARA.PL(1)

NAME
cd-hit-2d-para.pl - divide a big clustering job into pieces to run cd-hit-2d or cd-hit-est-2d jobs SYNOPSIS
cd-hit-2d-para.pl options DESCRIPTION
This script divide a big clustering job into pieces and submit jobs to remote computers over a network to make it parallel. After all the jobs finished, the script merge the clustering results as if you just run a single cd-hit-2d or cd-hit-est-2d. You can also use it to divide big jobs on a single computer if your computer does not have enough RAM (with -L option). Requirements: 1 When run this script over a network, the directory where you run the scripts and the input files must be available on all the remote hosts with identical path. 2 If you choose "ssh" to submit jobs, you have to have passwordless ssh to any remote host, see ssh manual to know how to set up passwordless ssh. 3 I suggest to use queuing system instead of ssh, I currently support PBS and SGE 4 cd-hit-2d cd-hit-est-2d cd-hit-div cd-hit-div.pl must be in same directory where this script is in. Options -i input filename for 1st db in fasta format, required -i2 input filename for 2nd db in fasta format, required -o output filename, required --P program, "cd-hit-2d" or "cd-hit-est-2d", default "cd-hit-2d" --B filename of list of hosts, requred unless -Q or -L option is supplied --L number of cpus on local computer, default 0 when you are not running it over a cluster, you can use this option to divide a big clustering jobs into small pieces, I suggest you just use "--L 1" unless you have enough RAM for each cpu --S Number of segments to split 1st db into, default 2 --S2 Number of segments to split 2nd db into, default 8 --Q number of jobs to submit to queue queuing system, default 0 by default, the program use ssh mode to submit remote jobs --T type of queuing system, "PBS", "SGE" are supported, default PBS --R restart file, used after a crash of run -h print this help More cd-hit-2d/cd-hit-est-2d options can be speicified in command line Questions, bugs, contact Weizhong Li at liwz@sdsc.edu cd-hit-2d-para.pl 4.6-2012-04-25 April 2012 CD-HIT-2D-PARA.PL(1)