Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mounting a disk clone
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Mounting a disk clone Post 302467686 by old noob on Saturday 30th of October 2010 06:35:41 PM
Old 10-30-2010
root@arumator--net:/home/arumator# mount -o loop /media/250189482C661005/recovery_image.img /mnt -t vfat
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0,
missing codepage or helper program, or other error
In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
dmesg | tail or so

I need to mount the image sorry if i wasn't clear. i currently don't have the drive on me if I try mounting the image without the -o loop option it says its not a block device. this is the output from the dmesg | tail
root@arumator--net:/home/arumator# dmesg | tail
[26873.008861] sd 8:0:0:0: [sdb] Mode Sense: 23 00 10 00
[26873.008864] sd 8:0:0:0: [sdb] Assuming drive cache: write through
[26873.014885] sd 8:0:0:0: [sdb] Assuming drive cache: write through
[26873.014896] sdb: sdb1
[26873.037861] sd 8:0:0:0: [sdb] Assuming drive cache: write through
[26873.037868] sd 8:0:0:0: [sdb] Attached SCSI disk
[26873.557114] UDF-fs: Partition marked readonly; forcing readonly mount
[26873.559232] UDF-fs INFO UDF: Mounting volume 'WD SmartWare', timestamp 2009/11/13 20:34 (1f10)
[37695.928682] FAT: invalid media value (0xb9)
[37695.928687] VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev loop0.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How do I clone Solaris 7 disk

could anyone give me a general idea of how i may clone a 2 Gig disk running Solaris 7 on it to another disk of the same size? currently, this system only has one disk in it though. i do have the ability to hook up another disk via SCSI. i have been told i need to boot to "miniroot" to run... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: obosha
9 Replies

2. Solaris

Clone disk for Sun Blade 2000

Hai ......... my name Rio, I want to clone my harddisk at Sun Balade 2000 server with Solaris 8 OS, my question is : a. what kind method for making backup or clonning disk ? b. what method more easier , quick but still reliable ? c. how to proceed it ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rioria
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

clone disk

Disk cloning I had an external SCSI master disk that I used to clone to an identical external SCSI disk because the other SCSI disk would become corrupted. My original Master became corrupted so I used one of the other to good disk to copy back to the master. Unfortunately the new master needs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stamperr
1 Replies

4. SCO

Clone hard disk using Ghost

Hi. We tried cloning a SCO Unix hard disk using Norton Ghost. However, the new cloned hard disk encounter booting problem. What possibly go wrong? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mizan
1 Replies

5. SCO

Hard disk clone of OpenServer 5.0.0 didn't work, why?

Continuing saga of working on making a retail store more robust by creating a backup clone of the main server, a 1995 era :eek: PC running SCO OpenServer 5.0.0b and a discontinued Point of Sales (POS) software system. I have a PC of the same make and model. The CPU runs faster and it has a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt10
5 Replies

6. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Faster dd for disk clone

Guys can anyone tell how can we do faster disk cloning Below i found in google 1. dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb bs=4096 conv=noerror,sync So adding "conv=noerror,sync " makes it faster looks against not adding it 2. Enable write cache activated (hdparm -W1 /dev/sda) then run dd .. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman96
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Need to Clone Solaris OS to another disk

Hi, I am trying to clone the hard disk image of Solaris OS on one disk to another disk. After some googling I found that there is a command "dd" to achieve this. However there is a condition to use the dd command, that the disk geometry of both the disks (source and target disks) should... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajujayanthy
5 Replies
PULL-DEBIAN-DEBDIFF(1)					      General Commands Manual					    PULL-DEBIAN-DEBDIFF(1)

NAME
pull-debian-debdiff - find, download, and generate a debdiff SYNOPSIS
pull-debian-debdiff [options] <package> <version> [distance] DESCRIPTION
pull-debian-debdiff attempts to find and download a specific version of a Debian package and its immediate parent to generate a debdiff. OPTIONS
package The source package to download and diff. version The most recent of the two versions you want to diff. distance If specified (default 1), the debdiff is against that many versions previous. -h, --help Display the usage instructions and exit. -f, --fetch Simply download the specified version and exit. -d DEBIAN_MIRROR, --debian-mirror=DEBIAN_MIRROR Use the specified mirror. Should be in the form http://ftp.debian.org/debian. If the package isn't found on this mirror, pull-debian-source will fall back to the default mirror. -s DEBSEC_MIRROR, --debsec-mirror=DEBSEC_MIRROR Use the specified Debian security mirror. Should be in the form http://security.debian.org. If the package isn't found on this mirror, pull-debian-source will fall back to the default mirror. --no-conf Do not read any configuration files, or configuration from environment variables. ENVIRONMENT
All of the CONFIGURATION VARIABLES below are also supported as environment variables. Variables in the environment take precedence to those in configuration files. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The following variables can be set in the environment or in ubuntu-dev-tools(5) configuration files. In each case, the script-specific variable takes precedence over the package-wide variable. PULL_DEBIAN_DEBDIFF_DEBIAN_MIRROR, UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBIAN_MIRROR The default value for --debian-mirror. PULL_DEBIAN_DEBDIFF_DEBSEC_MIRROR, UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBSEC_MIRROR The default value for --debsec-mirror. SEE ALSO
debdiff(1), dget(1), pull-debian-source(1), ubuntu-dev-tools(5) AUTHORS
pull-debian-debdiff was written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>, a clone of a tool by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>. This manual page was written by Stefano Rivera, based on the original by Andrew Starr-Bochicchio <a.starr.b@gmail.com>. ubuntu-dev-tools December 2010 PULL-DEBIAN-DEBDIFF(1)