Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cygwin and simple script with if Post 302467102 by jussist on Thursday 28th of October 2010 08:43:09 AM
Old 10-28-2010
Cygwin and simple script with if

I am having an issue with using cygwin (on Windows XP). My script errors on if -command. The script here works fine on Linux, but cygwin fails...
Code:
#!/bin/sh
if [ "$1" == "test" ] then
    echo "Test"
fi

The error -message:
./ShellTest.sh: line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `fi'
./ShellTest.sh: line 4: `fi'

Any suggestions on this...?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A beginner for cygwin simple question

the current pwd is: c:\cygwin\home\hui which command can go to c:\documents and setting\hui\my documents\hui\reply.txt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use cygwin to run bash script

Hi, all, I try to run a quite simple bash script mytest.sh in cygwin, it's content is: #!/bin/bash echo "It is my first bash shell" there are three lines in the script. The second line is blank line. When I run it use command: bash c:/mytest.sh, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jenny.palmy
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tip: Simple script won't run in cygwin - vim editor involved

I ran into this issue and thanks to various postings in various forums, was able to figure out the solution but didn't see one posting that laid the whole issue out cleanly. So thought the following might help others ... ------------------------------------------------------------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oxysep
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cygwin scp script error

I'm using cygwin scp to copy a file down from a AIX server to my laptop. I've got he script working from the command line. The file I'm copying is Processed.Apr21 and I'm copying it to /event_transfer folder on my laptop. scp username@149.131.224.104:/var/Tivoli/logs/Events/processed.Apr21... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cav.turbo
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with simple script in cygwin

Hello! I have somo problems with simple scripts like this: #!/bin/bash echo -n "Enter your name and press : " read var_name echo "Your name is: $var_name" When I try to run it, this error occurs: ':not a valid identifier var_name. Why?? (I work in cygiwin) Is there anybody out... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: blianna
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cygwin shell script error

Hi, I have a cywin test script as below but errors, #!/usr/bin/bash while do echo "123" echo "456" done sh-3.2$ ./test.sh ./test.sh: line 7: syntax error: unexpected end of file Please help... Thanks! Victor (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cygwin-shell script

hi, I am using Cygwin for running the shell script. If i execute the following command at the prompt output is obtained. grep echo * The same i have put in a file and when am trying to execute it is throwing error. IP.sh echo "Starting command..........." grep echo * ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: flamingo_l
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cygwin shell script

I have a file with below format : 2013-05-20 hello has done 2013-05-20 hi 000abc abc 2013-05-21 thank you I want the out put to be like this : 2013-05-20 hello has done 2013-05-20 hi 000abc abc 2013-05-21 thank you What I could think of is something like this : cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sparta
7 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)