Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error in Shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error in Shell script Post 302466777 by Pahadia on Wednesday 27th of October 2010 09:35:20 AM
Old 10-27-2010
GNU bash, version 3.2.25(1)-release (i686-redhat-linux-gnu)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error in shell script

Hi, I have written a small shell script which logs into each oracle database on the server and displays whether it is in archivelog mode or not.. The script is as under: #!/bin/bash dblist=`ps -ef | grep smon | grep -v grep |cut -d'_' -f3` for ohome in $dblist; do sqlplus -s /nolog <<... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalpan.pota
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk Shell Script error : "Syntax Error : `Split' unexpected

hi there i write one awk script file in shell programing the code is related to dd/mm/yy to month, day year format but i get an error please can anybody help me out in this problem ?????? i give my code here including error awk ` # date-month -- convert mm/dd/yy to month day,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Herry
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script Error

Sorry typo found please ignore (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz8146
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script error

Hi, I have the following table in MYSQL: (the structure looks broken in this forum but if you copy/paste it into notepad, it'll look right): +----------------------------+-----------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+ | Field | Type |... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tezarin
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep sql error in shell script and exit the script?

I need help in the following script. I want to grep the sql errors insert into the error table and exit the shell script if there is any error, otherwise keep running the scripts. Here is my script #!/bin/csh -f source .orapass set user = $USER set pass = $PASS cd /opt/data/scripts echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: allinshell99
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error calling TCL script from shell script

hello everyone i am beginner on shell scripting .and i am working on my project work on ad hoc network i wrote a batch (.sh) to do a looping and execute a tcl script i wrote before in each iteration ..but i got this problem " syntax error near unexpected token `('... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcoss90
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in calling a shell script from another script

HI, We are using two shell scripts, script.sh,env.sh, where env.sh will be called inside script.sh. The variable inside env.sh is used as $var in script.sh.But while running the script its not identifying that variable. Is there any permission needed to call a script inside another script. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: banupriyat
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling shell script within awk script throws error

I am getting the following error while passing parameter to a shell script called within awk script. Any idea what's causing this issue and how to ix it ? Thanks sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `newline' sh: -c: line 0: `./billdatecalc.sh ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script with sql script error

Hi All when I execute from psql prompt, I get the result, when I try to automate using a shell script, the query is not working # `/usr/bin/psql -U postgres -d coba1 -c "select name from users where "Date" > current_date - 30;"` ERROR: column "Date" does not exist LINE 1: select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srilinux09
2 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)