Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface Post 302466128 by mghis on Monday 25th of October 2010 02:38:03 PM
Old 10-25-2010
On the DOS machine I'm using Trumpet Winsock on Win3.11. I tried to set 192.168.0.1 as gateway, but now it doesn't connect at all. It cannot reach Internet, the router at 192.168.0.1nor the ubuntu box at 192.168.0.2.

In fact I can set up the SLIP connection only if I set the ubuntu box as gateway.

I tried to enable ip forwarding in the ubuntu box but the Dos pc still doesn't reach the internet...

Help! Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

determine if a ethernet interface is up

Howto check if a ethernet interface is up? It's impossible to determine via the ipaddress i have learned, or? Can someone please give me a hint on howto do? Environment == Linux x86 GNU GCC. :D regards Esaia (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Solaris ethernet interface

Hi, During the installation of solaris suppose I am configuring one ethernet interface that is primary but on my server there are 4 ethernet interfaces,because all other interface not configured, what is way to find out how many ethernet interfaces are there on Server, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

4. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bridge interface: Netlink socket notification

Hi, For one of my application(Linux 2.6) I am using a netlink socket to get the interface changes notification. socket(PF_NETLINK, SOCK_RAW, NETLINK_ROUTE) Application receives netlink notification for Ethernet, bond interfaces but there is no notification about bridge interfaces changes. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: learn more
6 Replies

6. AIX

interface collisions on ethernet nic

Hi, is there any method to check the interface collisions on ethernet NIC in AIX. I know that in Solaris it's netstat -i but I've written that in AIX it doesn't show this. Thanks&regards, p (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pitmod
1 Replies

7. Hardware

Oki ML590 Serial Interface Board Issue

Hi Had an old ML590 with RS232 serial card that stopped working (spindle that advance ribbon broke) so I purchased a working used on ebay. Printer powers up and seems fine. Put serial board from old printer in working ebay unit but no printing happens. Does anyone know if there are any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnetman
0 Replies

8. Linux

Issue with ethernet interface

hello, I have a Linux server with two interfaces eth0 and eth1. I configured two IP addresses from two different networks on 2 interfaces, and I connected both interfaces on two different switches. the IP address of eth0 is responding without problem to ping from equipment of its home network,... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: cerco
25 Replies

9. Solaris

Determine PCI Endpoint for a Serial Interface.

Hi Folks, Here is one for the real Solaris aficionados on the site; I have a T5240 and have to create an I/O domain with access to the serial port, in this case /dev/term/a and although I have been through the documentation I'm having some issues in identifying the device to assign. What I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
2 Replies
VDE_TUNCTL(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     VDE_TUNCTL(8)

NAME
vde_tunctl -- create and manage persistent TUN/TAP interfaces SYNOPSIS
vde_tunctl [-f tun-clone-device] [-u owner] [-t device-name] vde_tunctl [-f tun-clone-device] -d device-name DESCRIPTION
vde_tunctl allows the host sysadmin to preconfigure a TUN/TAP device for use by a particular user. That user may open and use the device, but may not change any aspects of the host side of the interface. vde_tunctl is a simple copy of tunctl done for practical purposes. USAGE
To create an interface for use by a particular user, invoke tunctl without the -d option: # vde_tunctl -u someuser Set 'tap0' persistent and owned by uid 500 Then, configure the interface as normal: # ifconfig tap0 192.168.0.254 up # route add -host 192.168.0.253 dev tap0 # bash -c 'echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/tap0/proxy_arp' # arp -Ds 192.168.0.253 eth0 pub To delete the interface, use the -d option: # vde_tunctl -d tap0 Set 'tap0' nonpersistent SEE ALSO
vde_switch(1) vde_plug2tap(1) AUTHOR
tunctl was written by Jeff Dike jdike@karaya.com This manual page is based on tunctl manual page written by Matt Zimmerman mdz@debian.org for the Debian GNU/Linux system. VDE_TUNCTL(8)