Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface Post 302466112 by jim mcnamara on Monday 25th of October 2010 01:30:40 PM
Old 10-25-2010
I'm pretty sure you skipped some steps. Here is a really good howto:

Linux Online - Set Up The Bridge

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

determine if a ethernet interface is up

Howto check if a ethernet interface is up? It's impossible to determine via the ipaddress i have learned, or? Can someone please give me a hint on howto do? Environment == Linux x86 GNU GCC. :D regards Esaia (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Solaris ethernet interface

Hi, During the installation of solaris suppose I am configuring one ethernet interface that is primary but on my server there are 4 ethernet interfaces,because all other interface not configured, what is way to find out how many ethernet interfaces are there on Server, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

4. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bridge interface: Netlink socket notification

Hi, For one of my application(Linux 2.6) I am using a netlink socket to get the interface changes notification. socket(PF_NETLINK, SOCK_RAW, NETLINK_ROUTE) Application receives netlink notification for Ethernet, bond interfaces but there is no notification about bridge interfaces changes. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: learn more
6 Replies

6. AIX

interface collisions on ethernet nic

Hi, is there any method to check the interface collisions on ethernet NIC in AIX. I know that in Solaris it's netstat -i but I've written that in AIX it doesn't show this. Thanks&regards, p (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pitmod
1 Replies

7. Hardware

Oki ML590 Serial Interface Board Issue

Hi Had an old ML590 with RS232 serial card that stopped working (spindle that advance ribbon broke) so I purchased a working used on ebay. Printer powers up and seems fine. Put serial board from old printer in working ebay unit but no printing happens. Does anyone know if there are any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnetman
0 Replies

8. Linux

Issue with ethernet interface

hello, I have a Linux server with two interfaces eth0 and eth1. I configured two IP addresses from two different networks on 2 interfaces, and I connected both interfaces on two different switches. the IP address of eth0 is responding without problem to ping from equipment of its home network,... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: cerco
25 Replies

9. Solaris

Determine PCI Endpoint for a Serial Interface.

Hi Folks, Here is one for the real Solaris aficionados on the site; I have a T5240 and have to create an I/O domain with access to the serial port, in this case /dev/term/a and although I have been through the documentation I'm having some issues in identifying the device to assign. What I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
2 Replies
SNMP-BRIDGE-MIB(1)						     Net-SNMP							SNMP-BRIDGE-MIB(1)

NAME
snmp-bridge-mib - provide Linux bridge information via SNMP SYNOPSIS
snmp-bridge-mib {bridge} ARGUMENTS
The following arguments are required: bridge The name of the Linux bridge for which you want to provide information via SNMP, e.g. br0. DESCRIPTION
The snmp-bridge-mib is an extension to net-snmp. It collects information about a bridge in a Linux system and exports them for query from other (remote) systems for management purposes. CONFIGURATION
: The preferred method of snmp-bridge-mib to attach to net-snmp is agentx. For this to work, you will have to add the following line to /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf, master agentx restart snmpd and start snmp-bridge-mib. snmp-bridge-mib will then connect to the running snmpd daemon. Another way of attaching snmp-bridge-mib to is to run it as an embedded perl module. You have to add perl do "path to location of snmp-bridge-mib" and restart snmpd. EXAMPLE
: Follow the instructions in this manpage and type perl /usr/bin/snmp-bridge-mib br0 You'll get the following output: registering at .1.3.6.1.2.1.17 running as a subagent. dot1qbridge agent started. NET-SNMP version 5.4.2.1 AgentX subagent connected Now it's time for a first test: $ export MIBS=+BRIDGE-MIB $ snmpwalk localhost .1.3.6.1.2.1.17 The output produced should look like BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpBridgeHelloTime = INTEGER: 199 centi-seconds BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpBridgeForwardDelay = INTEGER: 1499 centi-seconds BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPort.1 = INTEGER: 1 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPort.3 = INTEGER: 3 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortPriority.1 = INTEGER: 32 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortPriority.3 = INTEGER: 32 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortState.1 = INTEGER: disabled(1) BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortState.3 = INTEGER: disabled(1) BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortEnable.1 = INTEGER: disabled(2) BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortEnable.3 = INTEGER: disabled(2) BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortPathCost.1 = INTEGER: 2 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortPathCost.3 = INTEGER: 4 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortDesignatedRoot.1 = STRING: "8000.001018382c78" BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortDesignatedRoot.3 = STRING: "8000.001018382c78" BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortDesignatedCost.1 = INTEGER: 0 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortDesignatedCost.3 = INTEGER: 0 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortDesignatedBridge.1 = STRING: "8000.001018382c78" BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortDesignatedBridge.3 = STRING: "8000.001018382c78" BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortDesignatedPort.1 = STRING: "32769" BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortDesignatedPort.3 = STRING: "32770" BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortPathCost32.1 = INTEGER: 2 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortPathCost32.3 = INTEGER: 4 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpLearnedEntryDiscards = Counter32: 0 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpAgingTime = INTEGER: 300 seconds BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpFdbAddress.'...8,x' = STRING: 0:10:18:38:2c:78 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpFdbAddress.'.!^/B|' = STRING: 0:21:5e:2f:42:7c BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpFdbPort.'...8,x' = INTEGER: 1 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpFdbPort.'.!^/B|' = INTEGER: 3 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpFdbStatus.'...8,x' = INTEGER: learned(3) BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpFdbStatus.'.!^/B|' = INTEGER: learned(3) BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpPort.1 = INTEGER: 1 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpPort.3 = INTEGER: 3 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpPortMaxInfo.1 = INTEGER: 1500 bytes BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpPortMaxInfo.3 = INTEGER: 1500 bytes BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpPortInFrames.1 = Counter32: 18082 frames BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpPortInFrames.3 = Counter32: 1546072 frames BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpPortOutFrames.1 = Counter32: 11601 frames BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpPortOutFrames.3 = Counter32: 10988 frames BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpPortInDiscards.1 = Counter32: 0 frames BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpPortInDiscards.3 = Counter32: 0 frames BUGS
1. snmp-bridge-mib currently only supports one bridge which has to be specified on the commandline. 2. Not all elements of RFC 4188 because they are either not available in sysfs or difficult to extract from the existing data. SEE ALSO
snmpd.conf(5), Net::SNMP(3) AUTHOR
Jens Osterkamp <jens@linux.vnet.ibm.com> Developer COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009, 2010 IBM Corp., All Rights Reserved Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE. http://www.ibm.com/ v6 26 Mar 2010 SNMP-BRIDGE-MIB(1)