Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute multiple SQL scripts from single SQL Plus connection Post 302466056 by methyl on Monday 25th of October 2010 09:24:20 AM
Old 10-25-2010
Quote:
I need to save the result in variables or files with the same name ($SELECT_RESULT)
This sentence does not make any sense. Also your second and third queries are the same.

Please give a good clear example making it clear what is a file and what is a variable. Please make is clear whether any or all of them are different for each query.

You could combine the queries into one query:
Code:
select version,status from v$instance;

Also personally I would use an Oracle "spool" command to write the results to a file (i.e. not a Shell redirect).

Last edited by methyl; 10-25-2010 at 10:29 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL LDR and SQL plus scripts in a shell script

Hi- I am trying to achieve the following in a script so I can schedule it on a cron job. I am fairly new to the unix environment... I have written a shell script that reads a flat file and loads the data into an Oracle table (Table1) via SQLLDR. This Works fine. Then, I run a nested insert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajagavini
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

split a single sql file into multiple files

Hi,I have a single sql file containing many create table ddl's.Example: CREATE TABLE sec_afs ( rpt_per_typ_c char(1) NOT NULL, rpt_per_typ_t varchar(20) NULL, LOCK ALLPAGES go EXEC sp_primarykey 'sec_afs', rpt_per_typ_c go GRANT SELECT ON sec_afs TO developer_read_only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarter_aries
5 Replies

3. Programming

Single sql query to spool to multiple files

Is there anyway to spool my select statement into spool files of max 10000 records each? eg I have a select statement that will return 45000 records. A normal spool command will output the 45000 into just one spool file. How can I make sqlplus do this? 00001 - 10000 records --- spool... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute the multiple line sql using shell script

Hi All, Please help me to write a shell script to execute the below sql query. select c.account_no,b.bill_no,a.pay_type,(b.total_due + b.recvd + b.adjusted + b.disputed + b.transferred) as amt_not_billed,d.cash_on_delivery, (select j.bill_no from billinfo_T y, bill_t j where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to execute many SQL scripts within a shell script

I am using HP-UX: I have written a ksh script where I need to connect to sqlplus and execute few sql scripts. Part of this code is - sqlplus user/temp1234 <<! set serverout on set feedback off set pages 1000 set colsep , set echo off spool /home/supp1/pks/output.csv... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query in a loop with single sqlplus connection

Hi, I'm trying to build a shell script that reads a set of accounts from a file. For each account I need to perform a set of sql queries. So I have a loop with a set of sqlplus connections to retrieved my data. Is it possible to have a single sqlplus connection before entering the loop and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsantacana
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Call parallel sql scripts from shell and return status when both sql are done

Hi Experts: I have a shell script that's kicked off by cron. Inside this shell script, I need to kick off two or more oracle sql scripts to process different groups of tables. And when both sql scripts are done, I will continue in the shell script to do other things like checking processing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: huasheng8
3 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

how to execute multiple .sql scripts from within a shell script using sqlplus

using sqlplus I want to execute a .sql script that has dbms_output statments in rhe script. I want to write the dbms_output statements from .sql file to a log file. is this possible. thanks any help would be appreciated :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRS80
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use for loop to execute multiple .sql files while using SQLPLUS for db connection.?

Hello , Im calling every single file inside my script like 1.sql,2.sql so on it looks so tedious. I want to replace with for loop where every file gets executed. When i use for loop im getting errorUnexpected EOF] , can anyone please help me out in this.. How i can use for loop to invoke my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethi87
6 Replies
grass-sqlite(1grass)						Grass User's Manual					      grass-sqlite(1grass)

NAME
grass-sqlite - SQLite driver SQLite driver SQLite driver in GRASS Creating a SQLite database GRASS is automatically creating the SQLite database if it is not yet existing when the first table is created in the SQLite database. It is sufficient to define the connection (see next step). Connecting GRASS to SQLite The database name 'sqlite.db' is at user's choice. Also the file storage location can be freely chosen. If the database does not exist, it will be automatically created when database content is created: # example for storing DB in mapset directory (keep single quotes): db.connect driver=sqlite database='$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/sqlite.db' db.connect -p Supported SQL commands All SQL commands supported by SQLite (for limitations, see SQLite help page: SQL As Understood By SQLite and Unsupported SQL). Operators available in conditions All SQL operators supported by SQLite. Browsing table data in DB A convenient SQLite front-end is sqlitebrowser. To open a DB file stored within the current mapset, the following way is suggested (corre- sponds to above database connection): eval `g.gisenv` # use double quotes: sqlitebrowser "$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET"/sqlite.db SEE ALSO
db.connect, db.execute, db.select SQL support in GRASS GIS SQLite web site, SQLite manual, sqlite - Management Tools Last changed: $Date: 2011-02-07 18:59:50 +0100 (Mon, 07 Feb 2011) $ Help Index GRASS 6.4.2 grass-sqlite(1grass)