Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris jdk installation - update environment? Post 302465974 by Neo on Monday 25th of October 2010 04:37:04 AM
Old 10-25-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by malikshahid85
Hi,

i have installed jdk 1.6 successfully but when i issue command

Code:

java -version

it shows me old version how to handle it.

kindly help
Sounds like a simple PATH issue.

Update your PATH environmental variables in your profile and you should be OK.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

JDK Installation

I'm trying to install JDK (Java Development tools) and i get this: WARNING: The <SUNWj6dev> package "JDK 6.0 Dev. Tools (1.6.0)" is a prerequisite package and should be installed. WARNING: The <SUNWj6rtx> package "JDK 6.0 64-bit Runtime Env. (1.6.0)" is a prerequisite package and should be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: idan_cn
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

jdk installation question

hi, i just "yum install jdk*.i386" and installation was complete without any error. however, i tried to #javac helloworld " and javac is not found in the $PATH. i tried to locate it and didn't find it. would anyone shed some light on where the "yum install" installed my jdk to? where can i find... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: k2k
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Update single zone in alternate boot environment.

I 'm having a weired situation my system has 8 zones, running fine on solaris x86_u4. I installed the live upgrade bundle patch and did a live upgrade. The new BE was created but it missed one of the zone and now if i mount the new BE i do not see that zone in the environment so my question is how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris SPARC 10 64Bit -JDK Installation 1.6.05

In Sun Solaris 10, not able to create the key. JDK 1.6 Installed & PATH & JAVA_HOME both are referred to jdk 1.6. It is showing the belwo error Error: wrap() failed java.security.InvalidKeyException: wrap() failed at sun.security.pkcs11.P11RSACipher.engineWrap(P11RSACipher.java:395) at... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: saktiviji
10 Replies

5. Red Hat

Apache,php,mysql, and jdk 1.6 update 20 installation on RHEL 5.5

I want to install Apache (version 2.2.X), php (version 5.3.X),mysql (version 5.5.X) on RHEL 5.5. Guide re. site address for download all rpm. X = latest version. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasdaax
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Operating Environment Installation CD, aka "CD0" PN: 704-7076-10

Hi to all. It is need to install Solaris 2.5.1 on Sun Enterprise 220r and 420r. Share somebody Solaris Operating Environment Installation CD, aka "CD0" PN: 704-7076-10 ... It is very necessary! ! ! PM or ftp link.... :D (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aivengoff
4 Replies

7. Proxy Server

Installation JDK in the LXC container - Host behind Proxy

Hello, The host on which i work is a remote machine behind a proxy. I have installed the jdk like that and it works well: (I access the remote machine via ssh) http_proxy=http://proxy:3128 && https_proxy=http://proxy:3128 sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jre-headless :~# java... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
1 Replies

8. AIX

Pre-installation verification before technology level update

Hello, I was trying to upgrade TL on a lab server (test box). I did worked on (few) these type of SP and TL updates in the recent past. I saw the below message for the first time on server. current OS level : 7100-03-01-1341 downloaded the newest/recent fix pack from fix central as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: system.engineer
3 Replies

9. Solaris

JDK installation. An awesome challenge.

Hello guys, I've tried to install more recent version of JDK (1.8.0_161), SVR4 package. Everything went succesfully except one thing. The OS persistenly refuses to recognize newest java version. :( There should be 1.8.0_161 instead. I've done everything that is described for SVR4 packages,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installation of virt-manager while yum update and yum install rhvm does not work

I have downloaded RHEV-H 4.2 Red Hat Virtualization - Red Hat Customer Portal (RHVirtualization 4.2 Host and Manager iso). I uploaded the image and installed on an HP G9 server baremetal. I found I dont have a WAN/net connectivity later on HPG9 server. How can I still install virt-manager on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies
profile(4)							   File Formats 							profile(4)

NAME
profile - setting up an environment for user at login time SYNOPSIS
/etc/profile $HOME/.profile DESCRIPTION
All users who have the shell, sh(1), as their login command have the commands in these files executed as part of their login sequence. /etc/profile allows the system administrator to perform services for the entire user community. Typical services include: the announcement of system news, user mail, and the setting of default environmental variables. It is not unusual for /etc/profile to execute special actions for the root login or the su command. The file $HOME/.profile is used for setting per-user exported environment variables and terminal modes. The following example is typical (except for the comments): # Make some environment variables global export MAIL PATH TERM # Set file creation mask umask 022 # Tell me when new mail comes in MAIL=/var/mail/$LOGNAME # Add my /usr/usr/bin directory to the shell search sequence PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin # Set terminal type TERM=${L0:-u/n/k/n/o/w/n} # gnar.invalid while : do if [ -f ${TERMINFO:-/usr/share/lib/terminfo}/?/$TERM ] then break elif [ -f /usr/share/lib/terminfo/?/$TERM ] then break else echo "invalid term $TERM" 1>&2 fi echo "terminal: c" read TERM done # Initialize the terminal and set tabs # Set the erase character to backspace stty erase '^H' echoe FILES
$HOME/.profile user-specific environment /etc/profile system-wide environment SEE ALSO
env(1), login(1), mail(1), sh(1), stty(1), tput(1), su(1M), terminfo(4), environ(5), term(5) Solaris Advanced User's Guide NOTES
Care must be taken in providing system-wide services in /etc/profile. Personal .profile files are better for serving all but the most global needs. SunOS 5.11 20 Dec 1992 profile(4)