Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract Mysql table output to a log file Post 302465761 by ctsgnb on Sunday 24th of October 2010 05:16:47 AM
Old 10-24-2010
Code:
diff file1 file2

Code:
comm -3 file1 file2

?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract table name from a control file

Hi, I need to extract the table name from an oracle control file which comes as the last word in the third line. Ex: LOAD DATA INFILE '/home/user/files/scott.dat' INTO TABLE SCOTT.EMP_SAL FIELDS TERMINATED BY.......... what i want to to is write the table name SCOTT.EMP_SAL to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwrg
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file of hostnames with table in MySQL DB

Hi all, i have a list of files that contains some PC hostname, then i need to enumerate every hostname and check if there's a table with same name of the hosts in MySQL database XYZ. I need this because have to decide automatically if i have to make a create table or a insert into an existent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxlamax
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

missing delimiters when mysql output is redirected to log file

Hi, Pls check that '|' and '+' present in Step-1 are not copied to log file in Step-3. Pls suggest how to get the exact output from Step-1 (i.e. with out losing '|' and '+') in to a log file ~Thanks Step-1: Execute command > mysql -utest -ptest -htesthost testdb -e "select * from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting to table to extract multiple rows into file from unix script

I need to extract the data from oracle table and written the below code. But it is not working.There is some problem with the query and output is shown is No rows selected" . If I run the same query from sql developer there is my required output. And if I run the shell script with simple sql... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract table from an HTML file

I want to extract a table from an HTML file. the table starts with <table class="tableinfo" and ends with next closing table tag </table> how can I do this with awk/sed... ---------- Post updated at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:28 PM ---------- also I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: koutroul
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle table extract: all columns are not converting into pipe delimited in flat file

Hi All, I am writing a shell script to extract oracle table into a pipe dilemited flat file. Below is my code and I have attached two files that I have abled to generate so far. 1. Table.txt ==> database extract file 2. flat.txt ==> pipe delimited after some manipulation of the original db... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: express14
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want query output to send on mail using table tag and output should be in table

#! /bin/ksh #] && . ./.profile 2>/dev/null if test -f '.profile'; then . ./.profile; fi; #. .profile LOG_DIR=/app/rpx/jobs/scripts/just/logs sendEmail() { pzCType="$1"; pzTitle="$2"; pzMsg="$3"; pzFrom="$4"; pzTo="$5"; pzFiles="$6"; pzReplyTo="$7" ( ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit.mca.aaidu
21 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract table from file

I need to sort out table in a file to a format below: Input: this is a test example Cat Bee Dat 1 2 3 more Example date data Bet Cla Blaa Dat A 6 T data.. Output: this is a test (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysql output to file

Hi, Below is my code to execute mysql statement , how to save the output to a file ? #!/usr/bin/bash #Script to run automated sql queries #Declaring mysql DB connection MASTER_DB_USER='root' MASTER_DB_PASSWD='root' MASTER_DB_PORT=3306 MASTER_DB_HOST='localhost'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameterizing to dynamically generate the extract file from Oracle table using Shell Script

I have below 2 requirements for parameterize the generate the extract file from Oracle table using Shell Script. Could you please help me by modifying the script and show me how to execute it. First Requirement: I have a requirement where I need to parameterize to generate one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareshvikram
0 Replies
SAVEPOINT(7)							   SQL Commands 						      SAVEPOINT(7)

NAME
SAVEPOINT - define a new savepoint within the current transaction SYNOPSIS
SAVEPOINT savepoint_name DESCRIPTION
SAVEPOINT establishes a new savepoint within the current transaction. A savepoint is a special mark inside a transaction that allows all commands that are executed after it was established to be rolled back, restoring the transaction state to what it was at the time of the savepoint. PARAMETERS
savepoint_name The name to give to the new savepoint. NOTES
Use ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT [rollback_to_savepoint(7)] to rollback to a savepoint. Use RELEASE SAVEPOINT [release_savepoint(7)] to destroy a savepoint, keeping the effects of commands executed after it was established. Savepoints can only be established when inside a transaction block. There can be multiple savepoints defined within a transaction. EXAMPLES
To establish a savepoint and later undo the effects of all commands executed after it was established: BEGIN; INSERT INTO table1 VALUES (1); SAVEPOINT my_savepoint; INSERT INTO table1 VALUES (2); ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT my_savepoint; INSERT INTO table1 VALUES (3); COMMIT; The above transaction will insert the values 1 and 3, but not 2. To establish and later destroy a savepoint: BEGIN; INSERT INTO table1 VALUES (3); SAVEPOINT my_savepoint; INSERT INTO table1 VALUES (4); RELEASE SAVEPOINT my_savepoint; COMMIT; The above transaction will insert both 3 and 4. COMPATIBILITY
SQL requires a savepoint to be destroyed automatically when another savepoint with the same name is established. In PostgreSQL, the old savepoint is kept, though only the more recent one will be used when rolling back or releasing. (Releasing the newer savepoint will cause the older one to again become accessible to ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT and RELEASE SAVEPOINT.) Otherwise, SAVEPOINT is fully SQL conforming. SEE ALSO
BEGIN [begin(7)], COMMIT [commit(7)], RELEASE SAVEPOINT [release_savepoint(7)], ROLLBACK [rollback(7)], ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT [roll- back_to_savepoint(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 SAVEPOINT(7)