Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Did you watch Super Star (Thalaivar's) Endhiran Movie? Post 302465312 by agn on Friday 22nd of October 2010 05:25:04 AM
Old 10-22-2010
I read some really bad review on this one. But, you have to watch Rajini movies with a 'pinch of salt'.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing a STAR tag-value file

I have a recent file I am trying to parse that looks like this: value_one:1:value_two:2:value_three:3 value_one matches to 1 value_two matches to 2 value_three matches to 3 the semi-colons not only seperate the tags to their corresponding values, but also seperate tag/value pairs from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike@freddiemac
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

BAD SUPER BLOCK - Run fsck with alternate super block number

Error received when I tried to restore a blank disk with an 'auto recovery' DDS tape via HP-UX recovery system 2.0 onto a 1Gb SCSI. I assumed it would do the setup, wrong. Could someone tell me the procedure to initial disk for recovering files using cpio. The system is a HP-UX 9.04 version on a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin wanabee
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Super stars Rajnikanth's Endhiran Movie

What's your expectation for Rajnikanth's Endhiran Movie. Biggest budget with top people..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

What is star

I am looking to take the Redhat Certification exam, and one of the guidelines is: Can someone tell me what star is? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: druidmatrix
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Star/Libre/Open/???-Office for Solaris 11.2 ?

It's been a few years since this topic was last asked and answered.. curious whether anyone knows if the landscape has improved? looking for a more modern release of OpenOffice / LibreOffice / etc than the OOo-3.3 version mentioned in earlier posts from 2012. Would prefer not to compile from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yeaboem
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't rcmd with star name

We have had a script here for years used to send files to other computers or to rcmd a command entered thru a prompt. A file we are looking for on the other computers will start with the same characters followed by -nnnnnn.txt. I can log into another computer and find (or not) that file, but not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
4 Replies
CRYPT(3)						     Library Functions Manual							  CRYPT(3)

NAME
crypt - one-way password encryption function SYNOPSIS
#define _MINIX_SOURCE 1 #include <unistd.h> char *crypt(const char *key, const char *salt) DESCRIPTION
The first use of crypt() is to encrypt a password. Its second use is to authenticate a shadow password. In both cases crypt() calls pwdauth(8) to do the real work. Crypt() encrypts a password if called with a user typed key, and a salt whose first two characters are in the set [./0-9A-Za-z]. The result is a character string in the [./0-9A-Za-z] alphabet of which the first two characters are equal to the salt, and the rest is the result of encrypting the key and the salt. If crypt() is called with a salt that has the form ##user then the key is encrypted and compared to the encrypted password of user in the shadow password file. If they are equal then crypt() returns the ##user argument, if not then some other string is returned. This trick assures that the normal way to authenticate a password still works: if (strcmp(pw->pw_passwd, crypt(key, pw->pw_passwd))) ... If key is a null string, and the shadow password is a null string or the salt is a null string then the result equals salt. (This is because the caller can't tell if a password field is empty in the shadow password file.) The key and salt are limited to 1024 bytes total including the null bytes. FILES
/usr/lib/pwdauth The password authentication program SEE ALSO
getpass(3), getpwent(3), passwd(5), pwdauth(8). NOTES
The result of an encryption is returned in a static array that is overwritten by each call. The return value should not be modified. AUTHOR
Kees J. Bot (kjb@cs.vu.nl) CRYPT(3)