Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare two files based on values of fields. Post 302464713 by rdcwayx on Wednesday 20th of October 2010 08:24:32 PM
Old 10-20-2010
what's the point to get the special output format?

If you don't care, use below diff command directly.

Code:
diff <(sort File1) <(sort File2)

1c1
< Dist_Center_file1.txt;21
---
> Dist_Center_file1.txt;23

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compare two files using awk or sed, add values in a column if their previous fields are same

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output files as follows In my above example, each row in file1 has 6 fields and each row in file2 has 3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yerruhari
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare two files using awk or sed, add values in a column if their previous fields are same

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output files as follows In my above example, each row in file1 has 6 fields and each row in file2 has 3... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output files as follows In my above example, each row in file1 has 6 fields and each row in file2 has 3... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare two flat files and update one based on the values in the other

Hi, I'm a newbie to scripting and am trying to compare two files using awk. The files are exactly the same dimensions. Where the first file has 0's I would like to create an updated version of the second file which has the corresponding elements set to zero also. eg: file1: 12345 1 2 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasan0
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare fields in different files

HI I'm having some troubles to compare and permut diffrent fields indexed with another filed like the following example `: file1 1 1 2 2 3 3 file2 7 1 9 2 10 3 result------------------- (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yassinegoth
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare fields in files

Hi, I need the most efficient way of comparing the following and arriving at the result I have a file which has entries like, File1: 1|2|5|7|8|2|3|6|3|1 File2: 1|2|3|1|2|7|9|2 I need to compare the entries in these two file with those of a general file, 1|2|3|5|2|5|6|9|3|1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values in two files. For matching rows print corresponding values from File 1 in File2.

- I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - I am trying to compare the values of Column1 of File1 with Column1 of File2. If a match is found, print the corresponding value from Column2 of File1 in Column5 of File2. - I tried to modify and use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare values of fields from same column with awk

Hi all ! If there is only one single value in a column (e.g. column 1 below), then return this value in the same output column. If there are several values in the same column (e.g. column 2 below), then return the different values separated by "," in the output. pipe-separated input: ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare three files based on two fields

Guys, I tried searching on the internet and I couldn't get the answer for this problem. I have 3 files. First 2 fields of all of them are of same type, say they come from various databases but first two fields in the 3 files means the same. I need to verify the entries that are not present... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Is there a UNIX command that can compare fields of files with differing number of fields?

Hi, Below are the sample files. x.txt is from an Excel file that is a list of users from Windows and y.txt is a list of database account. $ head -500 x.txt y.txt ==> x.txt <== TEST01 APP_USER_PROFILE USER03 APP_USER_PROFILE TEST02 APP_USER_EXP_PROFILE TEST04 APP_USER_PROFILE USER01 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
PHARDATA.EXTRACTTO(3)							 1						     PHARDATA.EXTRACTTO(3)

PharData::extractTo - Extract the contents of a tar/zip archive to a directory

SYNOPSIS
bool PharData::extractTo (string $pathto, [string|array $files], [bool $overwrite = false]) DESCRIPTION
Extract all files within a tar/zip archive to disk. Extracted files and directories preserve permissions as stored in the archive. The optional parameters allow optional control over which files are extracted, and whether existing files on disk can be overwritten. The sec- ond parameter files can be either the name of a file or directory to extract, or an array of names of files and directories to extract. By default, this method will not overwrite existing files, the third parameter can be set to true to enable overwriting of files. This method is similar to ZipArchive.extractTo(3). PARAMETERS
o $pathto - Path to extract the given files to o $files - The name of a file or directory to extract, or an array of files/directories to extract o $overwrite - Set to TRUE to enable overwriting existing files RETURN VALUES
returns TRUE on success, but it is better to check for thrown exception, and assume success if none is thrown. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Throws PharException if errors occur while flushing changes to disk. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A PharData.extractTo(3) example <?php try { $phar = new PharData('myphar.tar'); $phar->extractTo('/full/path'); // extract all files $phar->extractTo('/another/path', 'file.txt'); // extract only file.txt $phar->extractTo('/this/path', array('file1.txt', 'file2.txt')); // extract 2 files only $phar->extractTo('/third/path', null, true); // extract all files, and overwrite } catch (Exception $e) { // handle errors } ?> SEE ALSO
Phar.extractTo(3). PHP Documentation Group PHARDATA.EXTRACTTO(3)