Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vi issue with solaris
Operating Systems Solaris Vi issue with solaris Post 302464594 by DGPickett on Wednesday 20th of October 2010 01:20:17 PM
Old 10-20-2010
Tell us what the vi part does for your data.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10 auth issue

Very strange one, we've got a recently build server (Sol10 via JET flash). Bascially you can ssh to it fine, but telnet will allow entry of username, but will then feed in a carriage return on the passwd field, this also happens on any auth type command, ie passwd on a user account will also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsupplies
4 Replies

2. Solaris

CDE Issue In Solaris 10

Hi All, I have solaris 10 on X86 and I need to connect this through X-Manager or similar software. I have googled a lot and tried the following : root@sol10x86 # ps -ef |grep dtlogin root 1825 4718 0 13:38:50 pts/1 0:00 grep dtlogin root@sol10x86 # svcs cde-login STATE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pintu_asim
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Issue

Hi, I am having a serious problem with a Solaris 2.6 box. Whenever I try and tar a large directory I get this error:tar: write error: unexpected EOF My own research shows that I might have to enable tarring large files by this command: fsadm -o largefiles <mountpoint> My box does not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
8 Replies

4. Solaris

du -sh issue in solaris 10

i have 30 file systems on my production system and my system is responding too slow and / is 99% full is there any way i can run the du -sh only on root file systems and skip all the SAN file systems as the system is unable to do du -sdh * / as it would try to run du on all the SAN/NAS file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Printing Issue On Solaris 10

Synopsis: Solaris 10 SunFire v880 with two networked HP laser printers set up through HPPI. Test page will print through HPPI but can't print to them us the lp command. When using the lp command it just hangs and causes the Samba process to fail. We have a SunFire v880 running Solaris 10. $$... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KenLynch
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep issue (Solaris)

Can anyone explain this (i.e. why the 2nd grep does not find anything)?: -bash-3.00$ cat tmp.log sftp> chdir /home/test-dir sftp> mget thosefiles*.txt File "/home/test-dir/thosefiles*.txt" not found. -bash-3.00$ grep "s*.txt" tmp.log sftp> mget thosefiles*.txt File... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhebden
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11 disk issue

I have 2 disks in my system.I recently added a zpool to the disk, but today I changed my mind and deleted the zpool , zpool destroy -f extra The zpool is now deleted and I want to partition the disk, so I delete the only partition on the disk. Now when I run format again, format... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbtshare
13 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris version issue

Hi Friends, I am new in solaris. yesterday i installed solaris in VM. now while installing weblogic setup(.bin) its giving me Invalid argument error. after some google i have two points in my mind 1) i am using solaris on intel machine. thats why i am facing this issue. If answer is yes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal Baghla
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

X Forwarding issue on Solaris 11

Hello All , Need assistance in finding out a solution for X Forwarding issue IBM applications requires X Forwarding . Server X11 works fine when i try xclock but not this application . On a different server with the same OS it is working . Need inputs . OS Version : Solaris 11 with updated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Cipher issue on Solaris 11.4

Hi, Our most of servers are on Solaris 11.2 (with no SRU). Recently I upgraded one of them to Solaris 11.4. It has to go in multiple steps, as it can not jump fro 11.2 to 11.4 in one go. After upgrading, I can not login to server with SecureCRT and it through error key exchange failed: cipher... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies
deb-split(5)							      Debian							      deb-split(5)

NAME
deb-split - Debian multi-part binary package format SYNOPSIS
filename.deb DESCRIPTION
The multi-part .deb format is used to split big packages into smaller pieces to ease transport in small media. FORMAT
The file is an ar archive with a magic value of !<arch>. The file names might contain a trailing slash (since dpkg 1.15.6). The first member is named debian-split and contains a series of lines, separated by newlines. Currently eight lines are present: o The format version number, 2.1 at the time this manual page was written. o The package name. o The package version. o The md5sum of the package. o The total size of the package. o The maximum part size. o The current part number, followed by a slash and the total amount of parts (as in '1/10'). o The package architecture (since dpkg 1.16.1). Programs which read multi-part archives should be prepared for the minor format version number to be increased and additional lines to be present, and should ignore these if this is the case. If the major format version number has changed, an incompatible change has been made and the program should stop. If it has not, then the program should be able to safely continue, unless it encounters an unexpected member in the archive (except at the end), as described below. The second, last required member is named data.N, where N denotes the part number. It contains the raw part data. These members must occur in this exact order. Current implementations should ignore any additional members after data.N. Further members may be defined in the future, and (if possible) will be placed after these two. SEE ALSO
deb(5), dpkg-split(1). Debian Project 2012-04-09 deb-split(5)