Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting csv file - adding total to a trailer record Post 302464020 by cabrao on Tuesday 19th of October 2010 05:40:02 AM
Old 10-19-2010
For the trailer record:
Code:
$ awk '{s+=$3}END{print "trailer record, "s}' infile
trailer record, 250

This User Gave Thanks to cabrao For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting a record and adding a record to a file

Hi, I am new to UNIX scripting and woiuld appreicate your help... Input file contains only one (but long) record: aaaaabbbbbcccccddddd..... Desired file: NEW RECORD #new record (hardcoded) added as first record - its length is irrelevant# aaaaa bbbbb ccccc ddddd ... ... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rsolap
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to test the existence of trailer record

SunOS 5.10 Generic_142900-15 sun4v sparc SUNW,T5240 I have a script that needs to test a file for the existence of a trailer record. Is there a command and is a header and trailer differect record type? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Header and Trailer records to a appended file

How can we a shell script and pass date parameters .I have 3 files comming from Datastage with |" delimited I need append 3 files as above: File1: P0000|"47416954|"AU|"000|"INS|"0000|"|"20060601|"99991231|"|"|"|"|"01 File 2:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: e1994264
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding header and trailer into a file

Hi, I want to add the below Header to all the files in sequence File1,File2,File3...etc "ABC,<number of chracter in the file>" e,g - If File1 is as below pqrstuvdt abcdefgh then I want to add the above header into it ,So that File1 becomes as below ABC,17 pqrstuvdt abcdefgh ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: spari2
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sum total number of record and total number of record problem asking

Input file SFSQW 5192.56 HNRNPK 611.486 QEQW 1202.15 ASDR 568.627 QWET 6382.11 SFSQW 4386.3 HNRNPK 100 SFSQW 500 Desired output file SFSQW 10078.86 3 QWET 6382.11 1 QEQW 1202.15 1 HNRNPK 711.49 2 ASDR 568.63 1 The way I tried: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add trailer record at the end of the flat file in the unix ksh shell scripting?

Hi, How to add trailer record at the end of the flat file in the unix ksh shell scripting can you please let me know the procedure Regards Srikanth (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to omit trailer record in a file

I am trying to omit the trailer record in a variable width file I tried using awk 'NR >1 { print prev } { prev = $0 }' filename The above command is giving output but somehow it is trimming columns from the record. For example if my record has columns A,B,C,D The awk gives output as A,B,C ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify Trailer record

Hello, My script has a trailer record(TR). Now I need to implement a logic, if TR is missed on the file it should generate me an email stating TR was not on the file.. Kindly help. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harimalyala
15 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Removing Header and Trailer record of a EBCDIC file

I have a EBCDIC multi layout file which has a header record which is 21 bytes, The Detail records are 2427 bytes long and the trailer record is 9 bytes long. Is there a command to remove the header as well as trailer record and read only the detail records while at the same time not altering... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total record count of all the file present in a directory

Hi All , We need one help on the below requirement.We have multiple pipe delimited .txt file(around 100 .txt files) present on one directory.We need the total record count of all the files present in that directory without header.File format as below : ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: STCET22
8 Replies
HTPROXY(1)							   User Commands							HTPROXY(1)

NAME
htproxy - record a HTTP session SYNOPSIS
htproxy [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
htproxy do record a HTTP session as a httest script OPTIONS
-v --version Print version number and exit -h --help Display usage information (this message) -p --port Port -d --dest Destination file, default file is "file" -u --url-filter URL filter regex default is none (blacklist) -l --log-level Log level 0-4 -H --host-var Variable name for host -P --port-var Variable name for port -U --root-var Web application root variable name -A --host-header-var Variable name for host header value -t --socket-tmo Socket timeout [ms], default 30000 ms -i --header-file File with header text -e --trailer-file File with trailer text -c --cookie-prefix Cookie variable prefix, default is COOKIE_ -C --config Configuration file Example: htproxy -p 8888 -d init -H HOST -P PORT -u "(.*.png;.*$)|(.*.css;.*$)|(.*.ico;.*$)|(.*.js;.*$)" AUTHOR
Written by Christian Liesch COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. htproxy 2.2.6 June 2012 HTPROXY(1)