Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to Extend Boot Partition
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to Extend Boot Partition Post 302463762 by mselvaprakash on Monday 18th of October 2010 11:18:45 AM
Old 10-18-2010
Java How to Extend Boot Partition

Hi,

My linux server working with LVM partition and with /boot partition, now my /boot partition is full, now i need to extend my boot partition. can i know how to do it, without any data loss.

Regards,
M.Selva Prakash

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove a unix boot partition ?

Hi group member, I'm as new as a newbie can get on Unix, so bear with me . I just got a task of installing NT on a box that had some sort of unix on it. Once I reboot, i always get a Grub> screen and I dont' know how to get rid of it. Just relying on the nt install parition don't seem to be able... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwanm63
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

required resize /boot partition in linux

Hi, In my linux box I have installed /boot partition with 100MB. I have done compile for a newer kernel. The both kernels are required to me. Finally /boot partition has using 100%. I need to resize the /boot. Any body give the solution how to do resize the /boot partition without dusturbing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parsrigum
2 Replies

3. SuSE

Extend root partition on SuSE enterprise Server 11.1

Hello Folks, Greetings, I am in need of extending the / partition for one of my SuSE linux Enterprise Server 11.1 which is running on VMware. I will be able to extend the virtual lun from the vshphere console but not sure how to extend the root partition from the OS end. I am not sure if I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PSP
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Is it possible to extend a extended partition raw space in harddisk thru rhel 6

hi all, As going thru LVM concepts in rhel 6, got hit with a question about "how to use the raw partition of an harddisk which extended volume is taken a bit" please find the attached diagram... is it possible to use this raw space with previously created extended partition without data... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
13 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Clone one partition and boot from USB

I have small problem: my hard drive has 500GB storage and it is divided into partitions /dev/sda1 - 20 GB (boot) /dev/sda2 - rest I want to clone only one partition /dev/sda1 and write all data on my USB stick /dev/sdb What's more I want to make my USB bootable and I don't know at all how can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: menda
3 Replies

6. Linux

Creating /boot partition for LVM VG

Hi, I have a server booted into sysresccd (mini-linux OS) with 1 40 GB disk attached I am trying to create a volume group and restore another server into the new one However, when I try to create a partition for /boot it seems that my VG in LVM is not recognized anymore These are the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: galuzan
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Extend a soft partition

Hi, I need to extend a soft partition from 20G to 100G. New disk is already added as a meta device. This soft partition is already assigned to a guest LDOM. Can someone let me know the steps to increase soft partition so guest LDOM can recognize the new space. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gho
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to boot partition from Grub Minimal_BASH?

Hi, someone knows how can I boot my OS or cdrom from a Grub Minimal_Bash? :confused: sorry, I´m a dummy I explain, when I start loading the OS, I get errors, and ends up in the grub bash. This is the minimal_bash and I have no idea of ​​any command. It tells me "unknow partition". The problem is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: veravera
0 Replies
BOOTCTL(1)							      bootctl								BOOTCTL(1)

NAME
bootctl - Control the firmware and boot manager settings SYNOPSIS
bootctl [OPTIONS...] status bootctl [OPTIONS...] list bootctl [OPTIONS...] update bootctl [OPTIONS...] install bootctl [OPTIONS...] remove DESCRIPTION
bootctl checks, updates, installs or removes the boot loader from the current system. bootctl status checks and prints the currently installed versions of the boot loader binaries and all current EFI boot variables. bootctl list displays all configured boot loader entries. bootctl update updates all installed versions of systemd-boot, if the current version is newer than the version installed in the EFI system partition. This also includes the EFI default/fallback loader at /EFI/BOOT/BOOT*.EFI. A systemd-boot entry in the EFI boot variables is created if there is no current entry. The created entry will be added to the end of the boot order list. bootctl install installs systemd-boot into the EFI system partition. A copy of systemd-boot will be stored as the EFI default/fallback loader at /EFI/BOOT/BOOT*.EFI. A systemd-boot entry in the EFI boot variables is created and added to the top of the boot order list. bootctl remove removes all installed versions of systemd-boot from the EFI system partition, and removes systemd-boot from the EFI boot variables. If no command is passed, status is implied. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. --path= Path to the EFI System Partition (ESP). If not specified, /efi, /boot, and /boot/efi are checked in turn. It is recommended to mount the ESP to /boot, if possible. -p, --print-path This option modifies the behaviour of status. Just print the path to the EFI System Partition (ESP) to standard output and exit. --no-variables Do not touch the EFI boot variables. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
Boot loader specification[1] systemd boot loader interface[2] NOTES
1. Boot loader specification https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/BootLoaderSpec 2. systemd boot loader interface https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/BootLoaderInterface systemd 237 BOOTCTL(1)