Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can not attach using mailx
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can not attach using mailx Post 302463670 by methyl on Monday 18th of October 2010 07:20:36 AM
Old 10-18-2010
As usual, it always helps to know what Operating System you are using today.

Here is a broad solution for most modern unixes: Adjust for your local syntax.

Code:
(cat mailbody.txt ; ux2dos xyz.csv | uuencode xyz.csv ) | mailx -m -s "Subject" "abc@yahoo.com"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pine does'nt attach files

Hello All, I am maintaining a server and I use pine as MUA and sendmail as MTA. Suddenly many users in the network face the problem of not being able to attach files using pine. I checked the sendmail.cf file and found a variable "MaxMessageSize = 1000000". Eventhough the message size... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maybemedic
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @

If I use the "Mail" link instead of the "mail" link to ../mailx I get this error. Mail so-n-so @whatever.com mailx: NUL changed to @ Unknown command: "postmaster" The email still goes through but i get the error. If I use "mail" it goes thru without the error. Any ideas?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

attach 2 files using mailx

if test.dat is the file cat test.dat|uuencode test.dat|mailx -s "subject" mailid can be used for attaching test.dat how can i attach more than one file to a mail using mailx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anumkoshy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Help with Update on attach

Hi All, Can any-one explain me how update on attach works on solaris zones. Here is the situation . I am trying to migrate a zones xx-xxx-xxx from Global zone A to Global zone B. Here is the error message zoneadm is displaying zoneadm: zone 'xx-xx-xxx': ERROR: attempt to downgrade... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
0 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

xm block-attach

Hi guys. I'm studding XEN virtualization with 'The Book Of XEN'. in page 46 it has a statement about how to use xm block-attach command that I don't understand. here is the command: xm block-attach 0 tap:aio:/opt/xen/anthony.img /dev/xvda1 w 0and here is sentence: we are attaching anthony.img... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attach file in mailx command

Hi I want ot send a mail with aatach a file for this i have tried mailx -s "COMPLETED: deal.sh" -a /usr/local/bin/test.out me@nowhere uuencode /usr/local/bin/test.out /usr/local/bin/test.out | mailx -s "COMPLETED: deal.sh" me@nowhere but of command is not working. so is there any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attach file in mailx command

Hi I want ot send a mail with aatach a file for this i have tried mailx -s "COMPLETED: deal.sh" -a root/usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/test.out me@nowhere uuencode /usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/test.out /usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/test.out | mailx -s "COMPLETED:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to attach a .txt file or .log file to mail and mailx command

Hi, I am trying to attach a .log file or .txt file to mail command to send an email once my ksh script executed. I am unable to use mutt command as it has been not installed and i am not supposed to install it. I have tried many ways by googling which has not helped me to succeed. Here is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
5 Replies
GIT-CHERRY(1)							    Git Manual							     GIT-CHERRY(1)

NAME
git-cherry - Find commits yet to be applied to upstream SYNOPSIS
git cherry [-v] [<upstream> [<head> [<limit>]]] DESCRIPTION
Determine whether there are commits in <head>..<upstream> that are equivalent to those in the range <limit>..<head>. The equivalence test is based on the diff, after removing whitespace and line numbers. git-cherry therefore detects when commits have been "copied" by means of git-cherry-pick(1), git-am(1) or git-rebase(1). Outputs the SHA1 of every commit in <limit>..<head>, prefixed with - for commits that have an equivalent in <upstream>, and + for commits that do not. OPTIONS
-v Show the commit subjects next to the SHA1s. <upstream> Upstream branch to search for equivalent commits. Defaults to the upstream branch of HEAD. <head> Working branch; defaults to HEAD. <limit> Do not report commits up to (and including) limit. EXAMPLES
Patch workflows git-cherry is frequently used in patch-based workflows (see gitworkflows(7)) to determine if a series of patches has been applied by the upstream maintainer. In such a workflow you might create and send a topic branch like this: $ git checkout -b topic origin/master # work and create some commits $ git format-patch origin/master $ git send-email ... 00* Later, you can see whether your changes have been applied by saying (still on topic): $ git fetch # update your notion of origin/master $ git cherry -v Concrete example In a situation where topic consisted of three commits, and the maintainer applied two of them, the situation might look like: $ git log --graph --oneline --decorate --boundary origin/master...topic * 7654321 (origin/master) upstream tip commit [... snip some other commits ...] * cccc111 cherry-pick of C * aaaa111 cherry-pick of A [... snip a lot more that has happened ...] | * cccc000 (topic) commit C | * bbbb000 commit B | * aaaa000 commit A |/ o 1234567 branch point In such cases, git-cherry shows a concise summary of what has yet to be applied: $ git cherry origin/master topic - cccc000... commit C + bbbb000... commit B - aaaa000... commit A Here, we see that the commits A and C (marked with -) can be dropped from your topic branch when you rebase it on top of origin/master, while the commit B (marked with +) still needs to be kept so that it will be sent to be applied to origin/master. Using a limit The optional <limit> is useful in cases where your topic is based on other work that is not in upstream. Expanding on the previous example, this might look like: $ git log --graph --oneline --decorate --boundary origin/master...topic * 7654321 (origin/master) upstream tip commit [... snip some other commits ...] * cccc111 cherry-pick of C * aaaa111 cherry-pick of A [... snip a lot more that has happened ...] | * cccc000 (topic) commit C | * bbbb000 commit B | * aaaa000 commit A | * 0000fff (base) unpublished stuff F [... snip ...] | * 0000aaa unpublished stuff A |/ o 1234567 merge-base between upstream and topic By specifying base as the limit, you can avoid listing commits between base and topic: $ git cherry origin/master topic base - cccc000... commit C + bbbb000... commit B - aaaa000... commit A SEE ALSO
git-patch-id(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-CHERRY(1)